Weapon Molds not in game?

Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Advanced endless universe = good exp, fun, book, apoc, mystery solved

Lunar extra bosses = fun, somewhat challenging, armour drops, and defence essence at the end.

Warsong first 5 bosses = fun, metal boss makes you in a 5 aps frog b:pleased, armour drops.

In all these instances, there was no weapon mold drop for either r9 gear or vana gear. Does anyone if they exist? If they do, which boss/es drop them?

It is great fun and all, but people can start getting vana recast armour pieces in 2~7 days after content is released, would be great to have the weapon as well.

It would also be great to have some word on refine, socket, gem transfer, if any are needed? Do they carry over? Everything erased, and get a 4 socket/ 2 socket piece for armour/weapon? Pretty soon, we can experiment it on our lower refined gear, but some people have +10~+12 gear with end game gems/stones in them, would be nice for them to know what to expect.

A confirmation of whether vana g16 weapons made from tt line are bound or not? So far there is no proof for either direction.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the real question... is why are these molds not able to be traded... dumbest idea ever....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You must do the FULL Warsong to get to the boss that drops wep molds.

This means successfully defending all the pavilions instead of afking for 15 mins. You'll then need to defeat the last boss, Incacarate and his Elite version. He dropped my squad the r9 veno wep mold, a bm pole mold, and a pole NV mold. He also drops the Essence of Offense you need to recast the weps.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the real question... is why are these molds not able to be traded... dumbest idea ever....

Yes I highly agree with this.. serves no purpose at all to make them untradeable , why would a sin want a magic weapon mold for if it came to his inventory.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Yes I highly agree with this.. serves no purpose at all to make them untradeable , why would a sin want a magic weapon mold for if it came to his inventory.

Theres a "free mode" for squads for a reason.

Put it on free mode then see who would benefit the most from the drop.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Learn free mode. And it isn't like the r9 molds will be worth much to many people since r9 recast people are very rare.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Theres a "free mode" for squads for a reason.

Put it on free mode then see who would benefit the most from the drop.

So the purpose of this , is to put a squad on free mode? How does a checkbox enriches my gaming experience or pw's b/a ? Making decisions for giggles , theres no time for that.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    So the purpose of this , is to put a squad on free mode? How does a checkbox enriches my gaming experience or pw's b/a ? Making decisions for giggles , theres no time for that.

Good lord I'd hate to be in your NV squads.

Player 1: "you set the squad to free?"
    Willscrewyou: "nope"
    Player2: "Well all the boxes are going to different people...and Player 1 is a well known scammer..."
    willscrewyou: "well taking the time to check "free" didn't enrich my gaming experience!"
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Player2: "Well all the boxes are going to different people...and Player 1 is a well known scammer..."
    willscrewyou: "well taking the time to check "free" didn't enrich my gaming experience!"

I think u did a LULZ
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012

Thanks, pavillions fall b:cry. I guess 1~10 more tries, we'll get it down how to defend pavillions.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys defend pavillions? Which classes go to which pavillion? Kill mobs at npc, or near the apes? How do you deal with sac assault, increased attack hex mob? We can do full warsong, but everyone did it 2~3 years ago, and everyone is rusty and forgotten the little details, some like me have never done full, so no idea what to do.

I can protect wood, water, earth if i get mobs at apes. Run back near the end, agro hex, and walk him off. If the hex is sac assault or increased attack, that does not work. I have defended metal as well, but it was a pain. I find it easier to defend without charm. Mobs seemed to buff themselves more often this time, or i paid attention for once, not sure which. The guide for full warsong, is a bit old, so not really sure what to rely on for full runs. The actual bosses themselves are not hard, imagine b:shutup.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    reading the quest when its active gives alot of information. kill enough mobs to get 180 points in the section and keep head agro'd and away from npc. not much to it
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, pavillions fall b:cry. I guess 1~10 more tries, we'll get it down how to defend pavillions.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys defend pavillions? Which classes go to which pavillion? Kill mobs at npc, or near the apes?.

http://eisregen.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Warsong_City&gid=193277

i guess you can exchange characters after pavillon protection, so bring in your real chars that needs a mold after protection

go and practice pavillon protection during bh metal instead of afk'ing
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Damn this was so funny.

Also, lol at the expression "practice pavilion protection!" Gotta always use protection!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    http://eisregen.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Warsong_City&gid=193277

i guess you can exchange characters after pavillon protection, so bring in your real chars that needs a mold after protection

go and practice pavillon protection during bh metal instead of afk'ing

Thanks for the link and videos, gave me some good ideas, but none of the hex were sac strike or increased attack. When those hex spawn, that pavillion always falls, the rest get defended. All of them from what i could see were increased def, normal attack, i could be mistaken.

The sac, and increased hex can one hit you, or hit barbs for really high amounts. Should have mentioned that somewhere earlier b:chuckle.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the link and videos, gave me some good ideas, but none of the hex were sac strike or increased attack. When those hex spawn, that pavillion always falls, the rest get defended. All of them from what i could see were increased def, normal attack, i could be mistaken.

The sac, and increased hex can one hit you, or hit barbs for really high amounts. Should have mentioned that somewhere earlier b:chuckle.

You're supposed to kite the Hexheads as you kill the other mobs. You can also Debuff them with stuns / freezes etc.

Generally its

Metal - Archer
    Fire - Mage DD
    Water - Melee DD
    Wood - Melee DD
    Earth - Cleric + leftover
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    You're supposed to kite the Hexheads as you kill the other mobs. You can also Debuff them with stuns / freezes etc.

Generally its

Metal - Archer
    Fire - Mage DD
    Water - Melee DD
    Wood - Melee DD
    Earth - Cleric + leftover

Thanks, will try kiting. But i don't like kiting, bm not made for kiting, we are steamrollers b:victory. Hex one shots me usually, because i focus too much on mobs. I hope experience will solve it:). Can't expect to succeed first time at everything i do.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Actually it does.
    It forces you to go out and farm the gear yourself if you want it.

No more gold selling and buying the mats from hard working people, if you want your extreme OP gear, you work for it b:pleased
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks, will try kiting. But i don't like kiting, bm not made for kiting, we are steamrollers

Uh-huh. I'm sure that's why BM's don't have any speed boosts or leaps, so they can steam roll instead of kite... oh wait, you do have 2 of each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I find it easier to defend without charm.

I would *love* to hear how that works. How is having 1 fewer source of HP replenishment make you tank better?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Actually it does.
    It forces you to go out and farm the gear yourself if you want it.

No more gold selling and buying the mats from hard working people, if you want your extreme OP gear, you work for it b:pleased
    This exactly +1
    You want this stuff, you have to go get it yourself. TBH I like they've done this. People cant go in farm these and dictate ridiculous prices. Set squads to free and go farm!
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Uh-huh. I'm sure that's why BM's don't have any speed boosts or leaps, so they can steam roll instead of kite... oh wait, you do have 2 of each.

That's why my BM's is mainly a sword BM, Don't forget ranged attacks and MSS b:victory

I really would love to know why almost every BM hates on swords because there's no 5.0 APS or HF involved on swords -_-". Those are pretty much the best weapon on a BM anyway outside of permanently sparking or using HF.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You all are forgetting the "YET!" If you've played PWI long enough you would know they will come out with a different way to get those things through the cs, just wait, it always happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012

Thanks for reminding me, i hardly use those skills, so still finding out how to do it :). Will try it next run. Also want to see if pushback works. I learnt push back skills in the middle of a delta b:surrender. Someone mentioned it, and i went, don't have that skill. I remembered, i have all my 59 skills, so should be there, and there it was. Still learning different skills, makes the game fun.
    I would *love* to hear how that works. How is having 1 fewer source of HP replenishment make you tank better?

I usually use cyclone heel or spark to kill mobs, often times they explode and my hp goes to 3~4k out of 9k. Next mob i get healed back up. But if i have a hp charm on, that is ticking away for no good reason, makes me sad. If i am tanking bosses, that helps me from dying, i would use charms, but things that don't kill me, but only tick it, it is a waste for me.

People learn new things everyday, yesterday i learnt, condensed thorn sin, sparked with frostblade on the phy immune boss in AEU did awesome dd for being a sin b:dirty. I use dbb often in caster, and made a post about it, sadly most people don't use it. MSS is used often, pq 3 boss, 2nd vana boss when he is buffed and no one has a purge, other bosses which hit hard and have squishies around. New aba boss gets help from mss to.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for reminding me, i hardly use those skills, so still finding out how to do it :). Will try it next run. Also want to see if pushback works. I learnt push back skills in the middle of a delta b:surrender. Someone mentioned it, and i went, don't have that skill. I remembered, i have all my 59 skills, so should be there, and there it was. Still learning different skills, makes the game fun.

How the hell do you get to lvl 101 without knowing how to use some of your skills?
    When I was lvl 65, I knew how every single skill I had worked. Why? Because I had them.

How the hell do you get a new skill without trying it out to see if it's usefull, and than deceiding weither or not to lvl it

People learn new things everyday, yesterday i learnt, condensed thorn sin, sparked with frostblade on the phy immune boss in AEU did awesome dd for being a sin b:dirty. I use dbb often in caster, and made a post about it, sadly most people don't use it. MSS is used often, pq 3 boss, 2nd vana boss when he is buffed and no one has a purge, other bosses which hit hard and have squishies around. New aba boss gets help from mss to.

You realize condensed thorn and frostblade overwrite eachother?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    Tank the head's as a BM they don't hit hard, but if you find yourself struggling pushbacks do work on them, so does smack to make them flee from you under the seal
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012

It forces you to be extra careful which lowers the chance of accidentally falling asleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Tank the head's as a BM they don't hit hard, but if you find yourself struggling pushbacks do work on them, so does smack to make them flee from you under the seal

Have you done it since the update of this patch? A normal hex boss hits me 10~18k, normal hits are 300, but he sneaks in a massive hit, that one shots most people. Previously mobs did not get any buffs or skills, but now they have purge, frenzy, inc def, attack, mag def, pdef increase and other things. I remember defending pavillions before the update with no issues, now it is not easy at all. Can be done still, requires different skills.

It forces you to be extra careful which lowers the chance of accidentally falling asleep.

That to b:chuckle. But don't mind us, charm tanking is the new skill people found. One boss = one charm.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Out of curiosity, how do you guys defend pavillions? Which classes go to which pavillion? Kill mobs at npc, or near the apes? How do you deal with sac assault, increased attack hex mob? We can do full warsong, but everyone did it 2~3 years ago, and everyone is rusty and forgotten the little details, some like me have never done full, so no idea what to do.

today we did a full with two fail attempts at defending we reconstructed our squad. you can trade out members for the defending part if someone has more then one class.
    My cleric still 2- 3 year old gear and i could not kill the mobs solo fast enough on the first run, the second run one of the bm's (who switched to and stayed on his sin) was having problems with wood and it fell.
    our squad makeup for the bosses was ultimately
    R9 BM
    R8 Seeker
    R8 Psy
    Cleric
    Sage Siin
    Barb

For the protect the pavillions
    Metal R9 Psy (cleric)
    Fire R8 Psy
    Wood R9 BM
    Earth 5 Aps Sin (Seeker)
    Water Sage sin
    Floater who just went to whatever one needed help 5 aps bm (barb)

once all the pavillions were defended we switched out the three people who brought in alternate toons.
    i had a sac assault head on the third try, i used my earth vector on it to keep it at arms lenght and ran back and forth killing the mobs from one end to the other so it had to follow me around, everyone else did simular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Donelle - Harshlands
    Donelle - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012

LittlePony, a quick question what was your setup or how were you able to do it?

My squad was unable to kill the last boss in Warsong, The Incacerate.
    We tried atleast 10 times and were unsuccessful
    (3x R9 Sins, Bm, Barb, and R8 Cleric) then changed to
    (3x R9 Sins, Psy, Barb, and R8 Cleric) and then changed again to
    (3x R9 Sins, Bm, Veno, and R8 Cleric)
    We had 2 of the sins at one point using purge bows when the boss APSed

Any tips would be so useful...Thank you very much.
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    LittlePony, a quick question what was your setup or how were you able to do it?

My squad was unable to kill the last boss in Warsong, The Incacerate.
    We tried atleast 10 times and were unsuccessful
    (3x R9 Sins, Bm, Barb, and R8 Cleric) then changed to
    (3x R9 Sins, Psy, Barb, and R8 Cleric) and then changed again to
    (3x R9 Sins, Bm, Veno, and R8 Cleric)
    We had 2 of the sins at one point using purge bows when the boss APSed

Any tips would be so useful...Thank you very much.

We had g15 sin, TT100 bm, r8 cleric, r8 psy, barb and archer\psy\sin whatever
    Must have is op sin with ~10k HP unbuffed for tanking Incacerate. We failed many times without barb, sometimes boss just hit us for 350k. But when I use flash ream on boss and rest of squad killing mobs asap we are good. When boss goes aps mode and no veno\archer in squad I just invoke and can tank\kite it until buff gone
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.