how to get out of rubber banding

Options
Cristalwhite - Harshlands
Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
since pwi released morai expansion, they introduced a new area with a lot rubber banding especially the shroud tempel is a pain in the a$$...every move on the ground cause you rubber banding there.

i just was in that situation once again, and i know i could just fly, but sometimes i wanna just walk and show pwi how stupid it is. so i was going to make screenshots to make a image compilation about it. interessting point here, after 4 times pressing the "screen" button it stoped rubber banding.....ofc it will cause you alot of images by doing that each time you get stucked, cause there are so many ways to get stucked in pwi. but at least it is a way out.b:laughb:bye
Post edited by Cristalwhite - Harshlands on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Rubber-banding is largely caused by lag. Your PC thinks that you are in one place, but the server hasn't received the data packets signifying your location. then your PC gets the data from the server showing you where the server thinks you are and your client throws you back there.
    It's also an effect put on by a security fix to prevent people from using cheats that allowed them to move faster in the game than the game was designed. So if the server see's you're ahead of where it thinks you should be, it snaps you back.

Your solution is basically to slow your system down by making it save a lot of screenshots and thus allowing the client more time to sync with the server.

I'm running on an old Pentium Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of ram.
    I was using a Nvidia 8800GT 512MB video card, but it fried so I'm using the stupid Intel G33/31 onboard video chip that's sharing 256MB of my system memory now.
    Oh the 8800GT, my average FPS was in the 30's to 60's depending on where I was, now it's 10-20.
    My average ping is about 150-200ms.

I don't experience lag or rubber-banding, even in Morai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't experience rubber-banding, even in Morai.
    Same here, rubber banding has mostly all disappeared, and I never had any in Morai that I recall....... except in the one area thats an exception is the Shroud Temple. I dont know what is wrong with that place, but I can barely walk anywhere. I rubberband like mad. As soon as I leave the 'town limit' I'm good again. And as I've been hearing, Shroud is a problem area for alot of people.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Same here, rubber banding has mostly all disappeared, and I never had any in Morai that I recall....... except in the one area thats an exception is the Shroud Temple. I dont know what is wrong with that place, but I can barely walk anywhere. I rubberband like mad. As soon as I leave the 'town limit' I'm good again. And as I've been hearing, Shroud is a problem area for alot of people.

Shroud is definitely bad for it. Not one single person I have talked to does not have an issue with rubberbanding in Shroud unless they always fly. I never rubberband anywhere else, but I have to fly or jump over the two problem areas in Shroud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Rubber-banding is largely caused by lag.

so everyone lag in shroud tempel?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Shroud Temple appears to be a special case. Nowhere else in Morai seems to be as problematic as that place...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Shroud Tempel..

ofc its just people shrouded in invisibility cloaks that pulls you back when u try to walk.. duh!

b:avoid
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    shroud does have a area infront of the main guy..its not lag its **** poor placement of that area in the temple.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lag has little to do with rubber banding. It's a fail implementation of anti wall and speed haxing.

Yes, rubber banding occurs when server and client miscommunicate, but more than often it's the server making a derp to your actual location, not your internet connection messing it up. It think you are trying to move to another spot in a non legit way, and hence tries to move you back where it thinks you belong. It can be triggered by going too fast, moving/jumping at strange angles or doing weird things like jumping on npc heads.
    Placement of the map has an effect on this as well.

The reason why some areas have more/less rubber banding than others is because it's a actual game function, not a random occurrence. The amount of rubber band in an given area can be altered. This is why rubber banding has been noticeable been tweaked voer the years. Has less to do with fixing and more with tweaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lag has little to do with rubber banding. It's a fail implementation of anti wall and speed haxing.

Yes, rubber banding occurs when server and client miscommunicate, but more than often it's the server making a derp to your actual location, not your internet connection messing it up. It think you are trying to move to another spot in a non legit way, and hence tries to move you back where it thinks you belong. It can be triggered by going too fast, moving/jumping at strange angles or doing weird things like jumping on npc heads.
    Placement of the map has an effect on this as well.

The reason why some areas have more/less rubber banding than others is because it's a actual game function, not a random occurrence. The amount of rubber band in an given area can be altered. This is why rubber banding has been noticeable been tweaked voer the years. Has less to do with fixing and more with tweaking.

It gets ridiculous when the same mechanic does derps such as rubberbanding you when you jump to fall lower than your original location, such as jumping down a bridge or a building.

But yes, lag is definitely a factor: my shopalt that's running on my crappy laptop gets much worse rubberbanding than running the exact same thing on my desktop, which is a much newer PC.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    But yes, lag is definitely a factor: my shopalt that's running on my crappy laptop gets much worse rubberbanding than running the exact same thing on my desktop, which is a much newer PC.

Unless those two computers use different internet connections, you should be getting the same performance connection wise. The two computers will not affect how you connect to the server. You should have equal levels of lag. Fps is another story though...
    When I first played pwi, it was on a crappy laptop from 2005. I never had any issues with rubber banding. Rubber banding became more of a problem later on as wanmei tweaked it to unbearable levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The rubberbanding in Temple of the Shroud has nothing to do with lag, slow PC, or any BS like that.

It's a coding problem that apparently is still around from... 2009? Whenever they introduced that 'move speed glitch fix' that apparently nobody on any of our servers even bothered to take advantage of. *lamefaceponypichere*
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The rubberbanding in Temple of the Shroud has nothing to do with lag, slow PC, or any BS like that.

It's a coding problem that apparently is still around from... 2009? Whenever they introduced that 'move speed glitch fix' that apparently nobody on any of our servers even bothered to take advantage of. *lamefaceponypichere*
    this was posted on the first page.....
    Rubber-banding is largely caused by lag. Your PC thinks that you are in one place, but the server hasn't received the data packets signifying your location. then your PC gets the data from the server showing you where the server thinks you are and your client throws you back there.
    It's also an effect put on by a security fix to prevent people from using cheats that allowed them to move faster in the game than the game was designed. So if the server see's you're ahead of where it thinks you should be, it snaps you back.

Your solution is basically to slow your system down by making it save a lot of screenshots and thus allowing the client more time to sync with the server.

I'm running on an old Pentium Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of ram.
    I was using a Nvidia 8800GT 512MB video card, but it fried so I'm using the stupid Intel G33/31 onboard video chip that's sharing 256MB of my system memory now.
    Oh the 8800GT, my average FPS was in the 30's to 60's depending on where I was, now it's 10-20.
    My average ping is about 150-200ms.

I don't experience lag or rubber-banding, even in Morai.