solo fc w/ mystic?

Options
Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Mystic
I just wanted to know if it is possible for a mystic at some point to be able to solo fc, and if it is possible at what lvl and wat gear should be needed?b:victory
Post edited by Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Probably pretty high. It's not like the Summon can tank the bosses in there so you would have to solo them yourself. As a caster, that's going to require some insane gear. Or you could go HA and shoot for 5.0 or something....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Actually, at 9x, storm mistress was able to tank the bosses up to exp room with just +3-5 refines. The problem is not actually clearing it, it's the amount of time it would take to do I so. I should also add that if you don't have enough dps, you won't be able to get past bishop boss.

There are a few easier/more efficient ways to make money later on such as gv, bh100, caster nirv, and aoe grinding in VoS off the top of my head. The aoe grinding has the added bonus of dq points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have a mystic friend that solos fc regularly o.o granted she's 101 +12 r8, but she's been doing it since before her gear was crazy awesome.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    About how much time does it usually take her? And I hope that's r8 recast, 'cause first cast r8 isn't really worth +12 unless you're a psy. But yeah, depending on how good the rest of her gear is she'd most likely be better off soloing/duoing tm runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /eren - Dreamweaver372
    /eren - Dreamweaver372 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I "can" solo it currently at 97 in just TT90 +2-3 gears up to the big exp room. just takes hours and more mp pots than its worth
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's not recast but idk the timeframe o.o I'll ask her.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yes it is very possible. I do it twice a day. Takes me 40mins to complete it. 10mins of those being Hyperstones off and 30mins activated. I timed it to where i could pause and activate 5 times per 30mins. Its simple once you figure out how to do it. Although i am full R9 refined and stuff so that might make a difference. But it is very possible even for none R9 mystics to do it...it'll just take a lil longer.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i had made a video of this a while ago. Felt like solo'ing FF... I still solo FF now, but only to clear to big room so my alt can level on big room mobs and heads.

Run on video was 1 hour and 15 minutes, has some breaks in between though that i didn't film. Now that i got the mystic DD buff it's not longer then an hour to complete a full run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durSUAv6Ok0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I "can" solo it currently at 97 in just TT90 +2-3 gears up to the big exp room. just takes hours and more mp pots than its worth

I felt the same way at level 90 - "this is easy, bet I could solo it", everyone told me, "no, you will time out before you complete it", so I never tried. QQ.

Its inspirational to hear other Mystics ARE doing it. b:pleased
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    easily soloable with r9. Takes me about 45 minutes to do start through Holeen. Did it a couple times (well, up through bigroom) before r9 and was doable but def took longer, espesh the bosses without the benefit of pet attack level inheritance
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i had made a video of this a while ago. Felt like solo'ing FF... I still solo FF now, but only to clear to big room so my alt can level on big room mobs and heads.

Run on video was 1 hour and 15 minutes, has some breaks in between though that i didn't film. Now that i got the mystic DD buff it's not longer then an hour to complete a full run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durSUAv6Ok0

Its funny that we have some similar approaches to FF solo's Retsuko xD Heres mine...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4Dli1dmMw
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Its funny that we have some similar approaches to FF solo's Retsuko xD Heres mine...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4Dli1dmMw

lol, we're both sage mystics with lucky break. How's your playstyle in tw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol, we're both sage mystics with lucky break. How's your playstyle in tw?

In tw it varies. Depending on whether i'm in a squad where i am to support or in a DD squad. I personally like DD squads :D! While actively killing ppls i also keep an eye on close by squad members and sometimes people outside of my squad that need a heal or to cast certain buffs on.