faulty client

Absidey - Lost City
Absidey - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
hey i've been trying to log in for hours now and when i type in my password an error message comes up saying "the client version you are running is currently low please exit and update" but when i do there is no update my game version is 632 wats wrong?
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder......But Abstinence Makes The Arm Grow Strongerb:sinb:laughb:sin
Post edited by Absidey - Lost City on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Your antivirus software is preventing the client files from updating.
    Read the information on the Download page about how you need to add the client directory to the exceptions list for your security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    PWI is a virus b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Perhaps a Manual Patch can help fix it as well?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Up.. I have the same problem :S
    Edit: With Manual Patch version 629-632 it sais "version and client are the same" .-.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you have vista or newer. Right click your folder under C:/PerfectWorld and restore it to a previous version. Put it back to before your last patch and then restart your computer. Relaunch the patcher not the elementclient.exe and have it update your files again. If this still doesn't work do a verify to make sure your files aren't corrupt or wait until tomorrow for another patch.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    The most common reason for this problem. (which I stated earlier), is that your antivirus software has flagged one of the files as containing a virus and "cleaned" it, or prevented it from being updated.

The reason for this is because the script that the client uses to interface with the Linux database uses a code that is very similar to a macro virus.

The solution for this is to add the client directory to the exclusion list for your antivirus software. (See the download page for information.)

This is the known solution, and has been the solution for quite some time. The problem with applying the solution is that too many people are too lazy to try, don't bother to read the posts with the answer and just keep posting "I have the same issue", or are too hot to blame the client/make stupid remarks/whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]