PW and youtube

Options
Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Does anyone have problems running both things at same time? Everytime I try to watch a video and play PW, youtube stops and a box spawns saying a driver is not working.

I am just wondering if youtube and PW are both using the same program (macromedia flashplayer or something like that) to work, because this is really annoying. =/
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its something dealing with your computer. I can run PWI and any other game or program without problems.

P.S. Googling the error message usually gets ya some good answers.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe cuz you're a fail bm
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Works just fine for me. o.O Video card problem maybe?
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Perfect world doesn't use flash.

Right click a flash object and go through the tabs until you find "enable hardware acceleration" and disable it (Or enable it if it's off). If anything changes your graphics card is probably borked or the driver isn't working right, uninstall then reinstall it.

If that fails, uninstall and then install flash again (do not just run the installer again, repairs tend to fail unless it's a really big obvious issue) and see if it persists.

Last ditch attempt, try running youtube in another browser, if it doesn't crash then the browser may be at fault, or the flash version in your normal browser. (Theres 2 versions, 1 for IE and stuff, one for "other" browsers which includes Steams videos and Opera and others.)
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Works just fine for me. o.O Video card problem maybe?

Ima call you Gershwin
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hi!

The flv files (youtuve use this type of video files) needs a huge processor and memory consumption and the pwi is a complete game that use a lot of resources from your computer, check your computers "Task Manager" in Processes section and can see the memory u are using and the performance of ur processor.

Maybe ur computer will need a memory update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hi!

The flv files (youtuve use this type of video files) needs a huge processor and memory consumption and the pwi is a complete game that use a lot of resources from your computer, check your computers "Task Manager" in Processes section and can see the memory u are using and the performance of ur processor.

Maybe ur computer will need a memory update.

Indeed it is a memory problem, however even with a vast amount of memory if PWI has been running awhile it can still cause problems with multimedia.

I have 12 gigs of ram, i7 4 ghz processor and 2 x 1.7 gig gpus but if PWI has been running awhile (especially when multiclienting) PWI starts taking up 1-2 gigs of memory then I find that Windows Media player will not work properly, it will skip songs, not play video of any format, but yet I have plenty of memory left (yes I am on 64 bit Windows 7 so I am able to use my ram)

I find if I start WMP before PWI I have no problems, if I start after once PWI has been on awhile WMP starts acting up, skipping songs and such and if PWI has been on for awhile WMP won't play anything. But if i exit out of PWI boom works fine. Also note it isn't just WMP that has a problem all other media players I've tried react the same way.

Kind of a weird problem, but hey if you have PWI open why are you trying to watch videos on youtube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    but hey if you have PWI open why are you trying to watch videos on youtube.

Because I get bored of PW lol...

Also the program using youtube to run the videos is shockwave flash. I don't know if this is going to change something xP