What happens when...

Options
OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
6 people form a squad. They get to the boss and 4 if them logs off. Another 4 people joins the same squad and goes to the boss. The previous 4 then logs back on and joins the current squad bringing the total to 10 inside the dungeon/squad. The 10 man squad then kills the bosses in less than a minute before 4 are kicked out by the timer. Do they get the kill or does it count them as outside the group since they're are being kicked out by dungeon/timer anyway?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by OontzOontz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Should try it! I would think they are in so they would get the kill.
  • /ork - Harshlands10
    /ork - Harshlands10 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They would get credit. Not that I've tested it so ofc I'm not 100% sure, but, I would say they would get the credit because they are in squad (even though they have a timer and will soon be kicked out). That's just game mechanics ;) So I am 99.99% sure that is how it would work.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    As long as they aren't kicked before boss dies they get credit.

But the timer would start the instant person 7 joins the squad so they'd have to either be very well coordinated (+not have any lag issues) or doing some sort of lowbie instance to actually pull it off.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If one of the four people did more damage to the boss than the six squad members, he would get the kill. but more likely the squad will out dps any one person and the contrib. will go to them and them only.

edit: i misread the newish squad mechanics
  • /ork - Harshlands10
    /ork - Harshlands10 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Could be easily coordinated on VoIP ;)
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They dont need kill the boss in one min, the first squad can just dd the boss to 50% or less hp and then add the other people.

I think this can work, some times i need a boss that someone else was killing and the boss was almost dead but they add me to squad and i get the kill no matter that i ever touch the boss, you only stay in the squad and in range.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You'll have to get into range though - which could be hard for some of the slower moving people to manage in time. Still, it should work.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    With faction and vent/something similar, this can be coordinated quite easily. And it works, done it myself. But to elaborate what happens or how it`s done. You clear the dungeon and get to final boss, log 4 toons off and bring 4 in and walk them to the boss. Make sure everybody is ready, start boss, get it to say 50%, log those 4 toons in, invite them tinto squad and kill the thing. This will result into everybody getting 1min timer but it`s really no biggie as long as you remember to pick drops quickly.

Best way to do this is have 4 ppl with alts in squad to have the credit as it wouldnt be exactly fair to bring some random person in when they contributed nothing to the clearing of the said instance. That is because it takes few minutes to run to the boss, `cept maybe warsong.

Ps. Oh yeah, it`s a glitch so beware as we know how serious PWE is bout abusing glitches.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have seen this done, so I can confirm that it works. Boss was killed to about 50% or more, someone logged their alt that needed it and who had been run in to that location earlier, and the boss was killed. Everyone got credit and said alt was then logged out so that the others were not kicked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842