PVP tips

Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
I would like some tips on how to pvp against different classes. I'm new to pvp on seeker.

Seekers are difficult because we do not have an anti stun skill or a stun skill for that matter.
Yes i know we have Parched blade but that isn't enough for me.
If there isn't really a way to stun them, then that leaves me with full frontal attack.

Can you guys list some possible combos against all classes?

I try to use Battousai and Heartseeker as much as i could on HA class but i'm still new to pvp so other than that, i just spam skills that will do higher damage on the class i'm fighting.

I'm really looking for tips and combos b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Oh yea forgot to mention Voidstep lol i'm a noob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Lothranis
    Medaka - Lothranis Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Uhm I know that sage unfetter gives you like a 4 second antistun :o. Last stand (the 79 skill) is also an antistun for 6 secs but can only be used when you're under 40% hp. Sage blade affinity has a 50% chance to evade negative statuses for 6 secs, well if you decide to go sage that is :).

For the combo bit I read somewhere that ion spike > edged blur > heartseeker > battousai is good for HA's, not sure of the order though :>. I'm preety sure mainly ion spike > metal attacks should do the trick for ya on HA's ^^.
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Triple sparking Edged-Blur (with the help of a genie/cloud eruption) is a nice counter to being stunned (as in, you'll still be stunned, but edged blur will really put the hurt on any HA class). Don't forget about genie anti-stuns (like fortify I think?) and the other one that removes stun effect from you...sorry, my brain isn't exactly tip top tonight lol.

Some random tips from my experiences: Avoid vortexing, Stances nerf secondary effects (like heartseekers immobilize), and remember that your hard hitting skills are ranged, so keep some distance between you and an attacker if you can. Oh, lastly, be creative and experiment. Like genie skills(some self debuffs are transferable)+Quid Pro Quo etc. Our class is fun, so have fun with it.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Lothranis
    Medaka - Lothranis Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Triple sparking Edged-Blur (with the help of a genie/cloud eruption) is a nice counter to being stunned (as in, you'll still be stunned, but edged blur will really put the hurt on any HA class). Don't forget about genie anti-stuns (like fortify I think?) and the other one that removes stun effect from you...sorry, my brain isn't exactly tip top tonight lol.

Some random tips from my experiences: Avoid vortexing, Stances nerf secondary effects (like heartseekers immobilize), and remember that your hard hitting skills are ranged, so keep some distance between you and an attacker if you can. Oh, lastly, be creative and experiment. Like genie skills(some self debuffs are transferable)+Quid Pro Quo etc. Our class is fun, so have fun with it.
    b:pleased
    Yup genie anti stun is fortify :3. The one that removes stuns is called Badge of Courage. I don't know of other trasnferable genie debuffs than fortify's, unless that's all there is :o?
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Or you could just, you know, use the genie energy to block or prevent the stun since using that combo to counter a stun obviously means you're expecting to be stunned. And I was under the impression that edged blur wasn't effected by sparks but I guess I'm wrong since I don't play a seeker. :x And fortify + ion spike and qpq could make for some nice spike dmg with metal skills. Qpq + expel is also nice when being ganked by multiple melee attackers but takes practice for the timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Against bm's there's 2 different strategies really... Depending on the intellegence level of the bm b:sweat
    If you duel a bm like the one I met in cube today(doesn't use stuns and just starts poking me with claws)
    just ion spike, (edged blur maybe, whatever you like), battousai, gemini if procced.

in case of bm's that can actually play their class.. kite. Kite the hell out of them.
    If they have high aps and a high refined weapon, it's going to be touch to live through a stun. Make good use of your ranged skills, and later your antistun.

vs sins I usually stun>edged blur>ion spike>battousai. You'll most likely be stunned back, and edged blur sticks through it all.

clerics.. are horrible. Unless they're squishy ones. You really have to one or 2 shot them at most x'D

Barbs are annoying, they don't hit hard enough to kill you, and their hp is hard to cut through ~_~"

gues that's pretty much all the classes I've had experience dueling with on seeker x'D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    So my seeker is not 3 spark yet but when he is, this would be my opening to HA class.
    3..2..1..fight!

RUUUUN

Ion spike

Blade Affinity

Heartseeker ( bonus if it sleeps them)

Gemini slash

Battosai

If not dead yet, edged blur and spam any skill that's not on cool down b:laugh

still a noob with seeker but i'm loving it more than my sin b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'd drop in a heartseeker first :o if it procs, it buys you some time to get off more attacks ^^
    If they sprint to you(which they'll most likely do, or they just use that jump of theirs) they've reached you and stunned your *** before you can get heartseeker off :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LDooMl - Harshlands
    LDooMl - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Don't edge blur without the person being immobilized inside of it. Once you've got that going use your choice of blade affinity nuke combo . Look to tick the charm before using the edge blur > heartseeker combo. Get anti stubs on your Genie... Fortify is an anti stun with a transferable debuff and please... NEVER EVER EVER 3 spark with a seeker. Your sparks keep you alive on my class if you waste your self gained chi and cloud eruption and a chi pot all the other has to do is drop ad> IG, Then your out of chi and a plan. Also for maximum use of the immobilizr on heartseeker, I recommend pvping with no sword stance. Takes a little bit of thinking lelouch but you'll eventually figure it out.
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What i do with relatively low aps sin (up to like 3.33 sparked), is to start duel with edged blur so when they use their tele stun they start getting whacked and so ( if ur blur does enuff dmg) they back off or IG, in which case u run get some distance and pop off

heartseeker>(occult ice)>BA>ion spike>arme nier>gemini>battousai (if u hav time)

If u hav chi skill on genie then u can use it to hav edged blur up bfore they work up the hp to stun u again. (side note pets r gud against clers bcuz seals dont affect them and they cut through plume shell)
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • watertide
    watertide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I dont think seeker is a pk toon, becasue we dont last though the stun from bm or fish. At same lvl, we will get kill in pk. Seeker dont have REAL anti stun skill. Uffter ?? just 4second, and long to cool down. OUCH !! b:cry
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    its all a matter of getting to know ur class and more importantly lots and lots of practice PvPing...cuz all this "were not a pvp class" is funny....im not OP geared by any means but i have np winning a 1v1 99% of the time unless theyre full r9....even then ive lucked out....just learned wat works good against each class.
    i cant really give good combos or examples since i base what i do on my oponent and what they do / who they are. But i will say this. If ur in a 1v1 with a BM thats equal or lesser geared than u...and is dumb enough to use EITHER of his marrows....u damn well better win. lol
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If ur in a 1v1 with a BM thats equal or lesser geared than u...and is dumb enough to use EITHER of his marrows....u damn well better win. lol

b:chuckle, but criusly it wud b harder if they demon bell'ed then popped mag marrow b:thanks
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • tuantai15
    tuantai15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Some of the seeker tips for pvp i use are:
    (2sparks make sure ur full if u got 3 urgood)
    edgeblur then void step is nasty
    never use vortex T-T
    dew orb really helps you tank(dew starprotection pots 20-40k each)
    gives me a nice 40-50k odef and 4-8k mag def :p
    u can use heart seeker quid if u see em channl nasty skill and use affinity
    to spam.
    if ur going to pvp like nw u can rush use dew star and
    spam ur aoes like no tomorrow :p these are things i do work for me
    hopes this helps :)
    buffs=krav(5def lv) parch(combien with staglag) and adrel for sure
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    holy necro

req. lock