Encyclopedia vs pwdatabase

Vaugh - Momaganon
Vaugh - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I need Strong venom. The ingame encyclopedia states that Mothran Dazzlewing drops it. Pwdatabase.com sates it doesnt. My experince says that it doesnt, I cant remember they have dropped any strong venom for me.

What drop database is the (most) correct one?
Post edited by Vaugh - Momaganon on

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I need Strong venom. The ingame encyclopedia states that Mothran Dazzlewing drops it. Pwdatabase.com sates it doesnt. My experince says that it doesnt, I cant remember they have dropped any strong venom for me.

Which is strong, lvl 71 or 81 DQ?
  • Vaugh - Momaganon
    Vaugh - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Which is strong, lvl 71 or 81 DQ?

Its DQ 71.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Vampiric Nightstalker - in the Swamp.
    Nothing comes close outside of an instance.
    17% drop rate if your the same level.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012

pwdatabase.com

Lethal Venom is what dropped by Mothran Dazzlewing.

Fighting Vampiric Minions you can get
    "Strong venom".
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    pwdatabase.com

Lethal Venom is what dropped by Mothran Dazzlewing.

Fighting Vampiric Minions you can get
    "Strong venom".

They haven't totally broken the old UI yet? Weird.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They haven't totally broken the old UI yet? Weird.

Old ui is fine, it just needs some tweaks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Hm. Is there any functionality lost with the old UI? I notice there is a checkbox for it in your screenshot, so that makes me think there might be. :/
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited April 2012
    Hm. Is there any functionality lost with the old UI? I notice there is a checkbox for it in your screenshot, so that makes me think there might be. :/

No. No there isn't. The old ui is 100% functional. The only issue that is that it wasn't fully localized for our version (though I fixed that on my own); pwcn, on the other hand, has it on by default. The checkbox you see is the equivalent of doing an ini edit as described here. There is supposed to be a checkbox for the emerald ui as well, but without any fixes, it doesn't show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Any way you could share with us the link to your fixed version? Or tell me how you did it? Or PM me a link to download w/e file you changed to get the old UI working properly without overlapping texts?
    I will be for ever in your debt.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited April 2012
    I'd rather not.

The ui has to be constantly be tweaked since each patch of localizations usually involves something in the ui. That tends to overwrite an edit I did.

Until pwe themselves come out and say it's ok to release my own edits of the ui (hell I risk a ban just talking about it), I won't do it. I appreciate that there are people who want it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've been wanting a proper one since the new UI came out, my laptop screen was able to fit the skills next to each other just fine but with all the new updates and everything getting bigger + the 10 man squads my screen just becomes to chaotic.
    Shame though, I would've loved to be able to have the old UI back without the annoying overlapping texts and whatnot.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    No. No there isn't. The old ui is 100% functional. The only issue that is that it wasn't fully localized for our version (though I fixed that on my own); pwcn, on the other hand, has it on by default. The checkbox you see is the equivalent of doing an ini edit as described here. There is supposed to be a checkbox for the emerald ui as well, but without any fixes, it doesn't show up.

Eeeeennnnnnnteresteeng.... I'd done the ini change before, but the game became mostly unusable. Boutique was broken, I didn't have icons for Earthguard, chatbox was screwy, things didn't fit in their windows/buttons anymore, the faction list was broken, and so on and so on.

I still find myself complaining daily about the new UI. b:sad I really miss being able to tell if squadmates are male or female characters. (Clerics sometimes have chi management problems...) I don't even bother playing my veno anymore since the pet bar is immobile. I think my girlfriend plays less partially because now the minimap is stuck in the upper-right corner and can't be moved to someplace more "useful" on a large screen.

Would you be kind (and willing) enough to share what other fixes you need to do for a usable UI again, besides changing that one line in the ini file? I'd be eternally grateful. I kinda chalked it up to a loss and PWE seems uninterested in making either the old or new UI fully functional. :(

(If you don't want to have people begging you for support, or don't want to make things too widely known, or whatever, please PM me. b:thanks)

EDIT: Oh, I was slow. Didn't realize how popular your changes were! But yeah, I understand your reasons for not wanting to tell the world. The game file structure can suck.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com