Hey look, PW stock rose...oh wait...

Options
2»

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Aren't most stocks going to be affected by the global economic crisis anyway? I don't recall a lot of stocks doing very well the past few years.

pwrd was hovering around 50 a year after the crash. the dow has completely recovered. just because you dont recall it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    oh what a surprise dropping in april oh oops thats right awesome sales making that happen.
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    When I started playing 2 1/2 years ago November I looked up the stock price for PWE the following August. It was trading at $21 and change. This was before the Tideborn expansion came in. Ever since it's been dropping and then gaining very little ever since.

The reasons are fairly simple. Even though they try to deny it, the play population has been dropping steadily. The ones that are left are mostly end game players and {WI is having problems attracting new blood. The population drop started when PWI changed the colors of their web sites to that kiddy cotton candy blue. Regulars kept telling then that the change sucked. That it would cost them and eventually after a few month, presto, they changed it back to look more like a gamers web site instead of a kiddy one.

This has been their number one problem. Not listening to players telling them, warning them of serious issues. Every time an issue is not addressed more people leave, newer people hear about why they leave and the population continues to drop. As that happens the prices in the cash shop increase under the guise of over priced "Sales". That is your indicator. That tells you PWI is fishing and trying to bleed what they can before it all falls apart.

If they actually listened to players, who are the best advertising you could ever get, they chose not to. If they did it wouldn't take 3 years to fix bugs. (Some to this very day are still not fixed, like getting the full squad into Delta on occasion.)The level 100+ would have had a grinding area for EXP similar to FC by now so that they have a bit better chance of getting to 105 than what it is today. They would not have insulted players by putting back those World Horns then adding an insult with that pop-up screen that goes along with it. There is such a thing as Respecting what players say and you can see a lot of the time even here on these forums, that, that is not demonstrated. Maybe if they even took the time to read comments on their Perfectworld.com page, when a so called sale goes up, they might release that players are not investing the way they use to. Mommy and daddy's credit cards are not being used as often, current players are NOT promoting this game to their friends by word-of-mouth, but instead are warning them to stay away. (The Facebook spamming for a Jone's Blessing is just an illusion they created for their stockholders)

Maybe one ay they will wake-up and actually listen to their player base. Maybe one day they will demonstrate actually respect for their player base. Maybe one day they people like myself will promote PWI again to friends and family. Maybe one day if they did some of this, their stock price will get back to the $21 mark. Maybe...
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They police the game.

I lol'd
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If PWE is falling, it's because ALL of its games are crashing. (Big surprise there....) But I wouldn't be shocked if it were because of all the bullsh*t they're pulling here on us.

We could say that Perfect World is the crown jewel of the company. (It's EXTREMELY arguable these days, but when the game first started, there was no doubt.)
    When our version of the game (PWI) rolls over and dies (if it's not doing so already,) other versions are going to follow suit if the developers don't wake the hell up, and THEN what will the stocks look like?

I'm sure your investors are going to love when that happens. It would literally be like Nintendo running the Super Mario Brothers, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda franchises into the ground. It would be like Apple canceling the MAC and the Ipod/Ipad/Iphone, at the SAME time. Your treatment of your playerbase could be considered to be similar to Starbucks pouring sewer water into their coffee.

What you are doing, Perfect World Entertainment, is what I lovingly call:

BUSINESS SUICIDE.

As a minor dabbler in the investing world, I can tell you that a happy playerbase means more money for your company, which means more money for me---and if you're not making the playerbase happy, I'm not making money. And if I'm not making money from YOU not making money, because you clearly have no idea how to satisfy the majority of your playerbase, I'm simply going to sell your stocks flat out. I'm already invested with Bioware, and Square Enix, both whom are making me quite giddy with their profits.

As both a player and a small time investor, I wouldn't touch your stocks if you were the last video game company on the face of the planet.

But I'm SURE another Rank sale will fix things. I mean, it's worked so well the last FOUR TIMES. And you guys have Forsaken World--everything will be perfectly fine if this game goes to hell! (Although, I really doubt it.)
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q