What do you do in TW?

Options
ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Mystic
I haven't quite mastered group pvp, so I'd like to learn what your moves are.

As for me I mostly heal/debuff as much as I can, dd comes secondary. Then if there's enemy barbs near our chrystal, I bramble them. I feel like that skill isn't as great as it sounds in TW since the cd can't prevent chrystal attacks that much. Plus with about 5 cata barbs on the chrystal while knocking back only one feels like it didn't make much of a difference.
Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
Post edited by ArenaSkies - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    When barbs are on lanes....Bramble-Thicket-Listless Blossom lysing <3
    Barb is delayed about 20-30 seconds if you time sleep right.

When barbs are in base.....Listless Blossom lysing-bramble-thicket
    Reason you listless first is too also sleep all the people around the crystal then bramble barb because catapult will still attack crystal if the barb is still near crystal so then you bramble and thicket so it freezes him away from the crystal.

Mystics are a crowd control class
    Spidervine-For when they are in your crystal

Befuddling creeper- For when your are in their base...

Listless Blossom- all around <3 whenever cooldown is done you use it >:D 2nd Best skill for TW in my opinion

(If you got lucky break use it with this)Gale force-Can stop a middle lane rush/Or when their in your base can stop a couple of aoes

Bramble Tornado- (A key spell in TW)Can interrupt a good BOA and mess up the formation of the squad (Same with clerics BB and wizards DB) *Clerics BB goes first Kill the cleric kill the squad is how i look at it...*

When Barbs are being attacked and cannot be killed (Those damn 35k+ Barbs >:O)
    Really good skill to use is Transfusion so you steal his heals for yourself ;3 and he can't heal up as much therefore dies!

I hope this helps you and anyone else :) Quote if things can be added because i would love to know :D
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Rez buff all day everyday.

Drop thickets on high priority DD targets or Barbs or on cooldown xD

Heal squad.

Listless blossom+Lysing mainly. Sometimes I like to do a beffudling lysing.

Here's a tip. Bramble tornado cata barbs toward your spawn towers, not back towards outer towers. It's more effective when there's more then 1 mystic doing it. Also when you do this if you're the only mystic, try to stunlock the barb so that he doesn't try to move back towards his cleric. Gale Force/NV to slow him down/Thicket to paralyze him/Listless Lysing help ^^ b:victory

NV+AS the clerics and/or LA/AA targets with high defense levels. Atleast those are my priorities.

As for pets, I only seem to have devil chihyu out for stuns or a quick Leech since my pets die too quickly.

Basically my take on a mystics role in TW is mainly support

P.S. I guess I should say I mainly use Chi Pots in TW so I can constantly use Gale Force/Thicket/Leech. Also I'm demon so a few heals and I already get another spark to aid me.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The only thing I do different is not have a pet out till I need to use it, and Im not saying its the best move for you when you TW, but I found the pet to be a red flag for saying, "Looky here, Im the Mystic that just slept your squad!", and as the poster right above me said, they die before you know it anyway.

Thanks Xaner for the information on Clerics and Wizzards. I never knew Bramble Tornado would have an effect on their specialties as well. b:thanks
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Transfusion is pretty sweet on cata barbs, yeah.

Question tho, does anyone know if it stacks if 2 or more mystics transfuse the same barb? Haven't had an ideal situation to 'test' that aspect yet
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I have actually not looked at the tradable mystic skill. But now having read it, im going to get it today to test b:avoid

• VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dia how many mystics would it take to knock a cata barb all the way into spawn towers? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options

Question tho, does anyone know if it stacks if 2 or more mystics transfuse the same barb? Haven't had an ideal situation to 'test' that aspect yet

Ill try to check in the next TW i go to :)
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Dia how many mystics would it take to knock a cata barb all the way into spawn towers? :O

I don't know the exact measurement from the crystal to the tower's assault range but Bramble tornado has a range of 12 meters. So I do some hocus pocus math that I suck at and imagine it takes about 5-6 bramble tornado's for the barb to get in range of those deadly towers.

Is it practical? Nope. Is it funny as hell? hell yeah xD

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't know the exact measurement from the crystal to the tower's assault range but Bramble tornado has a range of 12 meters. So I do some hocus pocus math that I suck at and imagine it takes about 5-6 bramble tornado's for the barb to get in range of those deadly towers.

Is it practical? Nope. Is it funny as hell? hell yeah xD

Its too bad there is not alot of good mystics ingame Q_Q But it would be funny as hell if there was a mystic squad that did that XD
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So I do some hocus pocus math that I suck at and...

omg so funny xD day is made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Its too bad there is not alot of good mystics ingame Q_Q But it would be funny as hell if there was a mystic squad that did that XD

Me and this other mystic basically played a game of Cata Ball with a barb just knocking him back and forth. LOL
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Me and this other mystic basically played a game of Cata Ball with a barb just knocking him back and forth. LOL

LOL I wish I had been there. b:laugh
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Honestly, I went and got the spell for TW and found it to be not quite what I thought it would be. Ive never been a Mystic that played my char as a stickly heal support Mystic, preferring to play as full support.

Ive had the spell for two TWs so far but never got a chance to use it. The reason for that being I never found myself with the two extra sparks to waste on it, which was sort of disappointing.

Maybe a more heal support only oriented Mystic will be able to answer your question, but Ive chatted with other Mystics in my faction, and they pretty much confirmed that they dont exactly share my same playstyle, but also have not had the 2 extra sparks to waste on it. *shrugs*

I hope you got an answer to your question though, it would be interesting to see if it does stack, and I honestly cant see why it wouldnt, but stranger things have happened, right? b:chuckle

Im looking forward to getting the Invigorate & the Verdant Shell oriented new spells. They also read very promising for additions to our bag of tricks. b:pleased
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sure, you could leech a % of their healing power... Or you could just drop thickets on their support and prevent most of their heals in the first place. |:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]