Ultimate r8 Recast Sin Build

HaxNinja - Heavens Tear
HaxNinja - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Assassin
Well its been about a year since I hit level 105, so i've had alot of time to research the perfect build for my sin. I first looked into the perfect weapon, and didn't take me more than 6 months to finally get it. Soon after, we heard about r8 recast being released shortly. I didnt upgrade my aps gear much incase of a possible change in gear. I was completely right.

r8 Recast Gear gives higher Phy/Mag Defense than 1st stage r9 Gear. You also get an HP bonus, and are allowed to keep your high APS. Though r9 Gear gives alot of attack/defense level if you prefer to not be a high defensed and HP 5.0/4.0 sin. b:laugh

r8 Recast bonus for an assassin: 2x Bonus = 1000 HP, 3x Bonus = -0.1 int
Nirvy Stage 2 bonus: 2x Bonus = 5 attack level

My daggers: Netherworld Guidance (2 Garnet Gems) +12 : GoF + -0.1 int.

I farmed this gear during the most recent 2x, this is how it currently appears:

http://pwcalc.com/8808ab5eaa285b3b

As you can see, I added the bonus stats onto the rings (1k hp and -0.1 int). Also I did not add any of the gear stats for r8 recast plate and boots; due to not knowing what stats i will receive after rerolls.

After adding Gems and Refining, Rerolling stats for -0.05 int, and new set of rings:

http://pwcalc.com/0b04e3247e1c6cc7

I am demon, so even with just 1 -0.05 int from plate OR boots, I would be 5.0 sparked. I am nearing my dream build, though rerolls can be pretty costly. After getting -int on both gear pieces, I would be 4.0 unsparked (same as old APS gear). I have a Glorious Robe: Torment +10 with 4 Garnet Gems which would put me near 18k Phy Def fully buffed, and still be 5.0 sparked. Same thing applies for my +10 lvl 80 Mag Def orns. With higher refined and upgraded ornaments, it would really be the ultimate build.

I stopped at +10 with refines due to the possible high cost of rerolls. But please feel free to toy with it and see what its like at +12, or with different gems :) Also, do not change the -int stats on r8 recast, more then 1 int bonus is obsurd (very close to impossible).

P.S: This r8 Recast build works for r9 weapon aswell, aslong as you have -int on both pieces, you would still be 4.0 sparked.
Drakon Leader
Levels 105 - 104 - 102
750 Dex R8r
Post edited by HaxNinja - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    No one cares about your gooned up cash shopped sin. Go play a real class and quit embarrassing yourself.
  • HaxNinja - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Everything there was farmed :) Keep all jealous remarks to yourself please.

On another note: This was meant for other sins who, like me, are sick of being "glass-cannons". Using R9 for more def while loosing the APS isn't fair for us sins.
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    /Watches the floods of flamers swarm the 105.

Sorry buddy, you're not going to get any good responses just cause people are not going to get past the fact you're posting with a 105 sin. Welcome to the forums.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah its full of haters here that will accuse you of goon glitching without having a single proof(Despite Sin its the easiest class to archive 105 without the glitch).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Fcfcfcfcfcf - Harshlands
    Fcfcfcfcfcf - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    look Here pwi give me thissssssss :)

http://pwcalc.com/54151209a3b23e68
  • Rovart - Heavens Tear
    Rovart - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    "haters gonna hate" b:bye
  • sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012

On another note: This was meant for other sins who, like me, are sick of being "glass-cannons". Using R9 for more def while loosing the APS isn't fair for us sins.

If only there was a forum for sins to discuss idiotic sin ****.

APS APS HURR DERP APS.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    how are sins "glass cannons" when they have the best defensive skill in the gameb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If only there was a forum for sins to discuss idiotic sin ****.

APS APS HURR DERP APS.

+1

Please keep class-only things off the General Discussion page. The forums have class discussion pages for a reason.

Thank you.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    All that and it ended up being a ****ty build :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited April 2012
    All that and it ended up being a ****ty build :(

Its actually higher defense than full r9 with the exception of attack/def level bonus from r9. You get same APS after re-rolls, and is 2x more defense than grade 12 gear. Its a way to be able to take a lot more damage in PvE, and be alot more effective in PvP (TW aswell). More sins should work on farming for this gear rather than refining low grade gear with horrible stats and bonuses.
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012

everyone knows you didnt farm those daggers, quit lyin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Its actually higher defense than full r9 with the exception of attack/def level bonus from r9. You get same APS after re-rolls, and is 2x more defense than grade 12 gear. Its a way to be able to take a lot more damage in PvE, and be alot more effective in PvP (TW aswell). More sins should work on farming for this gear rather than refining low grade gear with horrible stats and bonuses.

Awesome: http://pwcalc.com/b4930ff7987e2eaf
    Ultimate: http://pwcalc.com/500e4e0cb6d9af5e

I posted these builds in the sin forum nearly 6 months ago, better late then never I guess?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• andenoantra
    andenoantra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Another dumbass thread made by one of the "I farm for all my shiet". I'd like to see how much you need to farm your credit card for all those -interval on r8 recast. So many great games like Guild Wars 2 and **** Online are about to be out. But then again you can't cash shop there so you can't win there... soooo have fun staying with PWI and goodluck getting your r8 -interval gears.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Another dumbass thread made by one of the "I farm for all my shiet". I'd like to see how much you need to farm your credit card for all those -interval on r8 recast. So many great games like Guild Wars 2 and **** Online are about to be out. But then again you can't cash shop there so you can't win there... soooo have fun staying with PWI and goodluck getting your r8 -interval gears.

If you make $25/hr why would you bother spending 8 hours farming in game instead of 1 hour of overtime at your job? Someone explain to me why 8 hours of farming in game makes you better then 1 hour of overtime at a job, never made any sense to me.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you make $25/hr why would you bother spending 8 hours farming in game instead of 1 hour of overtime at your job? Someone explain to me why 8 hours of farming in game makes you better then 1 hour of overtime at a job, never made any sense to me.

More or less this.

And to the OP, my build is very similar, only that I'm using r9 daggers, and need 2x -0.05 int on the chest. Then I'll be 5.0 aps with R9. Or I can just use my cube neck and r9 belt and stay 4.0 sparked and have massive defenses.

I have been secretly going for this goal for a while (about 5 months now), so you're not the first to think of it.

And also, this belongs in the sin forums.

And also, lol @ the crit arrow in the pwcalc.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yes. And if you CS some or all of your gear you still have to know how to use it.
    If you suck you suck.
    Visa can't help that.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Yes. And if you CS some or all of your gear you still have to know how to use it.
    If you suck you suck.
    Visa can't help that.

He wasn't talking about skill level, he was talking about how you get your gear.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• andenoantra
    andenoantra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Ok so I'm assuming you know how to read... just a bit slow in the head. I did not say there's anything wrong with cash shopping. You have the money, you do whatever the hell you want. As the matter of fact I thank you cash shoppers for the money that you put in to keep this game alive. I just don't get why people can't admit they cash shop and going around teaching other people how to play the game the "right" way like farming is the only proper way to play the game. People hate because they might have put in shiet load of hours farming but their gear is nothing compare this "I farmed for all my shiet" dude. Think about it, the cash shopper made himself look better because he put in the same amount of time "farming" and his gear is way way better. Why? Because he's playing this game the "right" way. My point is next time when people call you cash shopper, just man up and admit it. That's right I have all this shiet because I'm fking rich. I ball so hard muthafukas wanna fine me.
    edited April 2012
    2x Int on any piece is close to impossible. :/ But I hope to see it one day :)

On another note.. why so many trolls on this post? Lol if this doesnt concern you then mind your own business. BTW Sasha i farmed 1.5bil coins this 2x (what did YOU do?), and i was paying my daggers in monthly payments, mostly paid with ingame coins. Don't speak of what you obviously don't know :)

Anyways... for the serious people here... I've been working on it for many months now but it wasn't until recently that I was able to get so close to having this set. Its a great alternative to loosing APS with r9 gear, and hopefully will become more commonly seen on other assassins. Yes it will cost more than the average gear, but if you already have the normal APS gear, you have the means to farm for it.

I made this post because many people in my server were asking me about the benefits of r8. Since I couldn't find one already made, I used myself as an example to showcase how it would be done. If you need any help with more info, feel free to chat me :)
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r
    edited April 2012
    Awesome: http://pwcalc.com/b4930ff7987e2eaf
    Ultimate: http://pwcalc.com/500e4e0cb6d9af5e

I posted these builds in the sin forum nearly 6 months ago, better late then never I guess?

I believe the 2x -int is nearly impossible but hey, that first one is still amazingly good. Though a 5.0 r9 sin would definitely out DD me, but since that probably wont happen any time soon, Ill enjoy doing most damage for a while xD Imagine having that much power with that much more defense. Its insane... the difference in my defense from wearing this gear just makes pk that much more fun. I'm glad more sins are going along this path.

P.S if you do end up becoming a 5.0 r9 sin, please contact me lol I would love to see that overly OP damage... I'm hoping to be a 5.0 sage with that same 2x int top as you if thats the case :> Thanks for commenting about it
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    On another note.. why so many trolls on this post? Lol if this doesnt concern you then mind your own business.

Why don't you post in the sin section then? That's the place for all the yadda yadda sin build concerns.

It's a sin, nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Seems this thread initially escaped the panda's gaze, however, no longer! It shall be banished to the assassin realm.

-moved-

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Hazukiru - Sanctuary
    Hazukiru - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2012

lololololoolololololololololololololololololol

poor assassins :( life just sucks for you guys, so unlucky.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lololololoolololololololololololololololololol

poor assassins :( life just sucks for you guys, so unlucky.

I love you for that sarcasm. b:dirty
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    More or less this.

And to the OP, my build is very similar, only that I'm using r9 daggers, and need 2x -0.05 int on the chest. Then I'll be 5.0 aps with R9. Or I can just use my cube neck and r9 belt and stay 4.0 sparked and have massive defenses.

I have been secretly going for this goal for a while (about 5 months now), so you're not the first to think of it.

And also, this belongs in the sin forums.

And also, lol @ the crit arrow in the pwcalc.

Ijs if you get that I'll take your stuff and bake you into a cupcake, they will never find the bodyb:dirty
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I first looked into the perfect weapon, and didn't take me more than 6 months to finally get it. Soon after, we heard about r8 recast being released shortly. I didnt upgrade my aps gear much incase of a possible change in gear. I was completely right.
    So.....you know g16 Nirvana is supposed to be coming, as well as third cast rank9? (It's in the in game encyclopaedia in PWCN, so more than a baseless rumor)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I believe the 2x -int is nearly impossible but hey, that first one is still amazingly good. Though a 5.0 r9 sin would definitely out DD me, but since that probably wont happen any time soon, Ill enjoy doing most damage for a while xD Imagine having that much power with that much more defense. Its insane... the difference in my defense from wearing this gear just makes pk that much more fun. I'm glad more sins are going along this path.

P.S if you do end up becoming a 5.0 r9 sin, please contact me lol I would love to see that overly OP damage... I'm hoping to be a 5.0 sage with that same 2x int top as you if thats the case :> Thanks for commenting about it

You don't do more damage with 2 -int GoF G15 daggers. You would need the 130 max attack damage mod which you don't have.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I was about to say what Traz said. Even with r8r gear on, you still will do the same 5.0 aps damage you would do with your previous aps setup. The only benefit you get from r8r is higher defenses.

r8r gives the opportunity for a 5.0 r9 sin to come out, even though the chances are minuscule. That being said, that doesn't mean that no one will get it. Someone will eventually get it at some point. I just hope that I actually do get it at some point. I mean, look at the lucky yet unlucky player who got 3 +25% endurance adds on her r8r chest. As Traz said, that's 1 in 3,375 chance, or 0.029%. That's insane, but that goes to show that you can get something as "impossible" as 2x -int.

Even if I get 1 -int on chest, I can still stay 4.0 r9 with a lot more defenses.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited April 2012
    Yes it is possible for a 5.0 r9 sin to come out, but who's to say that the 2x int stat on a r8 recast armor will be that of a sins, or more specifically, that of a r9 +12 sin. The odds are just too much against it. But of-course it would dominate in PvE

P.S (unrelated to topic) i out DD r9 +12 with my current state. I also out DD while unsparked but alot more (5.0 in pk with GoF is super epic) The idea was for me to be a 5.0 sage, but it might not come to that. I could be 4.0 sage, then 5.0 with windshield but its not so appealing to me. r9 Daggers are great but the un-sparked APS isn't very flattering. Tho if i happen to get 2x int on plate, I would invest on r9 weapon for farming, and use my current daggers for pk.
    Drakon Leader
    Levels 105 - 104 - 102
    750 Dex R8r