AA Helm

Options
Hazukiru - Sanctuary
Hazukiru - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Which is better. Gold 95 or G15 Nirvana.

I get so many different answers but I just want to know which dominates over all.
Post edited by Hazukiru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    nirvy boosts attack (especially if compoed with nirvy cape), g15 boosts defenses. even if you restat the 10mag points in vit, g15 will give better (effective) hp
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Hazukiru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    nirvy boosts attack (especially if compoed with nirvy cape), g15 boosts defenses. even if you restat the 10mag points in vit, g15 will give better (effective) hp

this is assuming my base vit is already 3 and also not comboed with nirvana cape, but with matchless. So no +5 attack levels.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    if you're full +12 JoSD with high p.def then OHT gold helm's -3% p.damage taken along with MW's 4% will outshine the slightly more p.def given by Nirvana.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Not only does the G15 give better overall hp from refining, but it's got better def values than the 95Gold Even given that the 95Gold has the reduced Physical damage of 3%, the increased Pdef curve of the G15 will likely net a better return there, or at least the difference is likely so small as to not notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Not only does the G15 give better overall hp from refining, but it's got better def values than the 95Gold Even given that the 95Gold has the reduced Physical damage of 3%, the increased Pdef curve of the G15 will likely net a better return there, or at least the difference is likely so small as to not notice.

Both points made are false.

OHT gold (event) gear refines G15. You did not even click the pwcalc link or you would've seen it.

3% p.damage reduction with full JoSD assuming +12 gear means that it will outweigh the 37 extra p.def you get from NV.
  • Hazukiru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I guess i'm gonna use the gold 95, the only thing going for nirvana is the +10 magic, but I think i'd prefer the def. Unless somebody can convince me otherwise?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I guess i'm gonna use the gold 95, the only thing going for nirvana is the +10 magic, but I think i'd prefer the def. Unless somebody can convince me otherwise?

You keep getting more nirvy pieces you'll end up with 3 DEF LVL and 10 DEF LVL from set bonus. You will get 5 ATK LVL bonus from 2 pieces. Having a good offense is a pseudo defense.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Hazukiru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You keep getting more nirvy pieces you'll end up with 3 DEF LVL and 10 DEF LVL from set bonus. You will get 5 ATK LVL bonus from 2 pieces. Having a good offense is a pseudo defense.

Yeah I know but that helm is the only nirvana piece I'll ever use, everything else is r9/matchless and so on.I would consider using nirvana cape and helm instead I prefer 95 gold and matchless.

Thank for the help all, but still feel free to add input if anybody has any.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah I know but that helm is the only nirvana piece I'll ever use, everything else is r9/matchless and so on.I would consider using nirvana cape and helm instead I prefer 95 gold and matchless.

Thank for the help all, but still feel free to add input if anybody has any.

The last bit I leave you with is the fact that lunar nirvy is tradable and can be resold.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The nirv AA helm, OHT AA helm, and Tourney AA helm are all good in their own way.

OHT Helm - Highest HP and best defense
    Tourney Helm - second highest HP, -3% channeling
    Nirv Helm - 1% crit and magic attack (+5 attack level if you get the robe)

They all have pretty much the same quality and which one you choose depends on your class and whether you like defense, channeling, or attack.

Most people's knee-jerk reaction to say Nirv comes from the broken refine on the LA nirv helm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you're not going for the 2 set bonus from Nirvana then Get the OHT Gold Helm. (If you weren't going to get JoSD I would've also suggested This.The hp refines would've been meh, but the defense attributes are pretty nice also.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Which is better. Gold 95 or G15 Nirvana.

I get so many different answers but I just want to know which dominates over all.

i see no point of ence. i prefer either warsoul hat (slightly better refine and nice bonuses for good price) or g15 nirvy for the attack levels.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • John_Johns - Dreamweaver
    John_Johns - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i see no point of ence. i prefer either warsoul hat (slightly better refine and nice bonuses for good price) or g15 nirvy for the attack levels.

Except that, from what the OP is saying, she won't get the attack levels, ever.

Actually, she's going for a much more deffensive build than an offensive one. Which, for a wiz, imo, wouldn't be the best choice. She loses 2% crit by not choosing both nirvy helm and cape, which is a lot when you thing of a 3 dex build - all her crit comes from gear that way. she also loses the 5 attack lvls.

In the end, if she's going +12 full josd, I think the gear should aim for more attack, since the refines and def lvls will work as deffense enough in any TW (the 1 extra def lvl and slightly better p.def. will make almost no difference when it comes to facing really heavy DDs, while the extra crits and attack lvls would probably be more game changing for her).

And, ofc, if you're willing to spend SO MUCH in your gear, the faction base helm is the best option out there - gives you the best deffense, while adding some to your attack as well.

Those are my two cents, but I don't even have a wiz (well, I do, but he's lvl 18).