Haven't played for a few years!

Options
gamerlilly
gamerlilly Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So, I downloaded Perfect World and logged in for the first time in 3-4 years.

I found that my level 34 Venomancer still exists on Sanctuary. I slowly began to play again, reaching level 39 by quests. Finding out that Crystalline's are no longer the best ground tank and got myself a Glacial Walker.

I began to notice nobody was doing any quests, everyone is/was being power levelled in FCC. My friends list is also indefinitely dead. I had a random inform me of a few things, as to how things work now days.

I guess for now, I'm just looking for a little company in game? I warn you though, I may indulge you with random and silly chatter! x3 Though, I can't deny I'm also hoping to snuggle my butt into some free FCC slots, too! ;3

My IGN is Yuffles <3
Post edited by gamerlilly on

Comments

• mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Free FC....? That's even worse than buying it. Why would you bother with FC on those levels? Are serious? You don't want to do quests and do some selective grinding and level up your crafting skills and do other things to make money as you progress? You're still a novice here. Skipping 18-57 is the biggest mistake one can make.

Power leveling when you are either new or came back for years (you're still a novice) is a horrid idea. One shotting frozen heads will not make you learn how to play your class.

Most importantly power leveling on a veno = fail . Your glacial walker will be useless to you in TTs because you will have it dead easily. You won't make good coin via TTs because you have no tank pet around your level. Unless you're with updated HA (or LA at least), there's no way you can survive good because you're too busy power leveling a veno. At least for other classes, they don't have pets. If you really want to power level (unless you are HA or LA in fox form) then roll another class or restat.

Oh, and you didn't say a server that you were on, I have some chars at that level for farming...
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Most quests 20 - 59 are really an hassle,making you flying all over the world or getting that damn quest drop that doesn't wanna drop(or make you killing 50 mobs of 1 type when there are only 4-5 of them mobs scattered in a quite vast area).

You may as well level with normal grinding,exp needed to level up only gets bad after like lv.60-65,best idea is grinding on mobs that drops leather or compound oil which sells pretty good.

FCC ? bleh
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I played the malay servers far back in the day, after PWi was released, I played here for 2-3 months before giving up on PW completely. I have a lot of experience with stuff like luring, etc.

I am a logical, and reasonable girl. I know the pro's and con's of what I would be doing. By telling me all of that though, you have missed one simple factor. I never said -why- I would want to do such a thing. And, whilst it really isn't relevant, at this point, I don't think I intend to play the game all that much. If I do, I would start a new character to do so.

I guess I just want a higher level character to hang out on! :3

I have other reasons, and such ~ but.. like I said, my reasoning for doing so is irrelevant.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think you'll find it more fun to hang out with someone your own level. Higher levels won't be doing the same things as you. If you want free stuff that badly, then join a faction, some give free plvl to its members. Good luck :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think you'll find it more fun to hang out with someone your own level. Higher levels won't be doing the same things as you. If you want free stuff that badly, then join a faction, some give free plvl to its members. Good luck :)

Not quite the 'hang out' that I meant.

Either way, I'd still like some people whom I could annoy throughout conversation in game. :3
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    gamerlilly wrote: »
    I played the malay servers far back in the day, after PWi was released, I played here for 2-3 months before giving up on PW completely. I have a lot of experience with stuff like luring, etc.

I am a logical, and reasonable girl. I know the pro's and con's of what I would be doing. By telling me all of that though, you have missed one simple factor. I never said -why- I would want to do such a thing. And, whilst it really isn't relevant, at this point, I don't think I intend to play the game all that much. If I do, I would start a new character to do so.

I guess I just want a higher level character to hang out on! :3

I have other reasons, and such ~ but.. like I said, my reasoning for doing so is irrelevant.

Just like all the rest from in that 2nd last sentence. "I want to be a higher level." Will turn into "This game did not have much content. So I will just quit because it is not fun." Luring is not much experience needed... There's even genies for that! You played PW-MY-EN back in the day, then played PWI after 2-3 months, then you gave up on PW completely. Most likely you will give up on PW once again.

You need to do some research about what people think of endgame before you go high level, but high level is not good enough either in this community. Endgame is what the community thinks as a decent level. Trying to compete on something hopeless will only make you regret playing this game and even worse, putting money on this game. It was always about "The game is dead and dying" on this forum.
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Just like all the rest from in that 2nd last sentence. "I want to be a higher level." Will turn into "This game did not have much content. So I will just quit because it is not fun." Luring is not much experience needed... There's even genies for that! You played PW-MY-EN back in the day, then played PWI after 2-3 months, then you gave up on PW completely. Most likely you will give up on PW once again.

You need to do some research about what people think of endgame before you go high level, but high level is not good enough either in this community. Endgame is what the community thinks as a decent level. Trying to compete on something hopeless will only make you regret playing this game and even worse, putting money on this game. It was always about "The game is dead and dying" on this forum.

And, I apologize, but you continue to miss -why- and for what purpose I actually intend to suddenly continue to spend time on the game. Though, you'll probably continue to fail to properly understand what it is I'm actually trying to accomplish unless I actually bothered to full out explain it, which I'm not going to do.

I don't care 'what is good in the community'. I don't care about 'competing' or actually 'playing'. I don't care what people 'think of endgame'. Everything you're saying has nothing to do with my actual intention.

I thank you for your concern on the matter though and mean no offence in anyway, I hope none is taken.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And, I apologize, but you continue to miss -why- and for what purpose I actually intend to suddenly continue to spend time on the game. Though, you'll probably continue to fail to properly understand what it is I'm actually trying to accomplish unless I actually bothered to full out explain it, which I'm not going to do.

I don't care 'what is good in the community'. I don't care about 'competing' or actually 'playing'. I don't care what people 'think of endgame'. Everything you're saying has nothing to do with my actual intention.

I thank you for your concern on the matter though and mean no offence in anyway, I hope none is taken.

As you might have noticed from Mr. Expert there above you; these forums are not a place to make friends, unless you like having opinions shoved into your face.

I'd suggest you just forget about this thread and enjoy the game. I'd help you, but I'm afraid you'd have to come over to Heavens Tear then b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Enjoy the game and find a good faction. As for FC, every so often, I give a free powerlvl run, due to sheer boredom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    As you might have noticed from Mr. Expert there above you; these forums are not a place to make friends, unless you like having opinions shoved into your face.

I'd suggest you just forget about this thread and enjoy the game. I'd help you, but I'm afraid you'd have to come over to Heavens Tear then b:chuckle

The way I see it, that 'Mr. Exert' is simply trying to save me some wasted time and effort.

I do understand that what I'd be doing completely destroys the actual 'point' of the game. By not actually properly indulging in the game by doing quests, grinding and taking part of what actually makes the game what it is, then you lack the appreciation of what you end up with in comparison to someone who did do all that.

The thing is, I understand all of this, and more. I know exactly what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and why.

I guess if no one on the forums is willing for random conversing in game, then I'll just do as you say, and look in game.
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options

No offense taken, as long as you do what you intend to do for fun on this or other games, that is what matters after all. I'm actually glad you want to play the actual way you want to play and not someone else telling you what to do, I understand that. I do tend to push my opinions on someone sometimes, and you're right, I do tend to try and save people's time and effort at times. Enjoy your time in PWI and have a good faction that can team with you or help you with certain things that you need.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Come to HT! :D
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Come play in Sanctuary we have lots of awesome guys :D
    (And smexy girls)
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lol i have the suspision i read soemwhere she come to this game o stalk a someone and for that main reason would wish to get higher lv but if this was what what she intend
    she is playing the wrong class.

b:surrender idk she just seem the kinda girl who come here to troll and is looking for help to get high enough lv to stalk someone.

b:shocked her BF b:shocked
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    No offense taken, as long as you do what you intend to do for fun on this or other games, that is what matters after all. I'm actually glad you want to play the actual way you want to play and not someone else telling you what to do, I understand that. I do tend to push my opinions on someone sometimes, and you're right, I do tend to try and save people's time and effort at times. Enjoy your time in PWI and have a good faction that can team with you or help you with certain things that you need.

Thank you. :3
    Come play in Sanctuary we have lots of awesome guys :D
    (And smexy girls)

I am on Sanctuary. <3
    lol i have the suspision i read soemwhere she come to this game o stalk a someone and for that main reason would wish to get higher lv but if this was what what she intend
    she is playing the wrong class.

b:surrender idk she just seem the kinda girl who come here to troll and is looking for help to get high enough lv to stalk someone.

b:shocked her BF b:shocked

Interesting assumption but nothing more than speculation. Main reason for this thread was also to, hopefully, find friends in game. I don't know -anyone- who plays any more, thus, I don't have anybody to stalk. And, even if I did, I wouldn't make such a basis as a reason to level.

Would you mind sharing where you 'read' about me? I'd love to know whose spreading rumors, considering this is my first post on the forums, and I haven't exactly become known by many in game.

Either way ~ After playing for a short while and making two new friends, I've kind of gotten back into the PW feel, questing, etc. :3

I have a nab question now, too. Since I last played, there's obviously been alot of changes in game, and I seem to be seeing a lot of new terms as well. What exactly does 'toon(s)' refer too? I assumed it meant character(s), but now I'm not so sure.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes, toon = your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamerlilly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes, toon = your character.

Thank you! Definitely a strange term to me.