Dilemma with mystics - please help

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Mystic
I have a dilemma with my mystic, especially when it comes to FF.

How do you deal with the various roles you can play in PVE.

For example, with a big pull and there's a cleric, I'm always lost as to what to do.

1. Should I drop a sting and lyse and continue lysing? While Mistress uses Hush.

2. Should I drop healing plants instead?

3. Should I drop a sting and lyse and instead summon Salvation for tank?

Mystics are so powerful and versatile that I get very confused as to what to do and a lot of times I tend to try doing everything and that kinda fails. Cause you can't do so much in that short (time wise) pull in FF, for example.

Advice?

On another note, I don't know whether this high level mystic was trolling, but she was telling me in game that mystic pets are not affected by your mag atk.

Just wanted to clarify, pets are affected by mag atk and also atk/def levels you have on your gear right? Like if you have full R9 with JoSDs, it would affect the pets as well? Also, lysing a higher level plant would lead to a better nuke right?

Thank you.

Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• maybmaybnot
    maybmaybnot Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have a dilemma with my mystic, especially when it comes to FF.

How do you deal with the various roles you can play in PVE.

For example, with a big pull and there's a cleric, I'm always lost as to what to do.

1. Should I drop a sting and lyse and continue lysing? While Mistress uses Hush.

Mystics are so powerful and versatile that I get very confused as to what to do and a lot of times I tend to try doing everything and that kinda fails. Cause you can't do so much in that short (time wise) pull in FF, for example.

Advice?

On another note, I don't know whether this high level mystic was trolling, but she was telling me in game that mystic pets are not affected by your mag atk.

Just wanted to clarify, pets are affected by mag atk and also atk/def levels you have on your gear right? Like if you have full R9 with JoSDs, it would affect the pets as well? Also, lysing a higher level plant would lead to a better nuke right?

Thank you.

As cleric uses BB no need of additional healing just drop a cragglord n often good to lyse a befudding creeper once then ur choice just minimise the use of gale force

also summons do get affected from ur stats b:cute
  • Sanivia - Momaganon
    Sanivia - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I

b:laugh craggy ftw

its affected by your atk/def lvl for sure
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    I'm confused about lysing plants.

Lysing them is basically a nuke. But it also provides an effect, depending on plant lysed right?

So for a normal pull, or for a group of monsters, which plant should be lysed to prevent scattering. Sting? Creeper?
  • maybmaybnot
    maybmaybnot Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    u can always gamble with listless but it wont work most of the time in a squad also befud reduses ur opponents defence making it a btter plant n spider wine is not bad for its effect too( irony being there r more instances where spidervine is useful than befudding plant )
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    u can always gamble with listless but it wont work most of the time in a squad also befud reduses ur opponents defence making it a btter plant n spider wine is not bad for its effect too( irony being there r more instances where spidervine is useful than befudding plant )

Alot of people don't use spidervine but the plant is sooooo awesome then if you also lysing befuddling thats 20% less damage taken and 40% slower attack rate/channel!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    it really depends on squad. (decent) seeker+bp can pretty much solo the pulls so, especially if there is a cleric (that heals), there is no need for you to heal.

on the other hand, if people are really squishy, extra heals would be nice.
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited April 2012
    Alot of people don't use spidervine but the plant is sooooo awesome then if you also lysing befuddling thats 20% less damage taken and 40% slower attack rate/channel!

Awesome when lysed or when just summoned?

Also lysing all these plants will still provide a nuke effect?

Sorry, thinking of revisiting my mystic.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    for ff, it depends on ur puller and the aoes.

if it is a strong puller with lots of hp you know he will survive use Befuddling Creeper>lysing>rrapid growth bfor galeforce or dont rapid growth at all up to u. mistress/crag. this is the case where the aoe are strong and everything die in like 3 secs.

and yes lysing does dmg as well as aoe debuff. but dont use Befuddling Creeper on bosses when there are barb/veno/bm(that does glacial spke)/cleric that uses their debuff. use spidervine instead.

if the puller doesnt have much hp and aoe is weak. and you have the chi, i'd recomend having crag out right bfor the tank comes and heal it full hp(cos crag only last 20 secs so you need to time it). spidervine>lysing>Befuddling Creeper>lysing>rapid growth bfor galeforce or dont rapid growth at all up to u. if you dont have chi for crag its fine use mistress(make sure mistress hit first so she get agro. i'd rather a summon die than a player that would qq cos he's too squishy.(you can also use vital herb bfor u summon crag. it really helps a squishy puller). sally is also good for squishy pullers/squad this is an option as well even with bb some puller just think they can pull with crappy hp. its up to you how you chose to use your mystic.

edit: use galeforce last cos mele aoe dislike mobs runing and they have to chase out of bb.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I always just drop vital herb, use sally's shield on the person I know will get aggro, use warp shield on the rest of the squad, lyse befuddling when the pull gets to us, and summon cragg, but that's also what I mostly do when there isn't a cleric and it turns out fine :x I even toss in a thicket in there after dg if I have the chi since that + all the other incoming dmg usually means the mobs instantly die and I don't have to worry about many scatters.

As for the whole matk not basing your summon dmg, it's kinda true. Summon dmg isn't based on YOUR matk, it's based off of your weapon's matk. For example, a pure magic build mystic with a +10 r8 wand's summons will do the same dmg as an HA build with +10 r8. (Not advocating HA build in any way, just pure example)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Basically on big pulls use cragglord. The higher level you go, the less time you need to get out plants/debuff and then summon cragglord. I just use cragglord and the mobs are all dead.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
    edited April 2012
    *gulps*

I rarely am so busy trying to keep a squad alive Cragg is rarely out. Between dropping plants and Break in the Clouds, yeah....

Lesson learnt.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited April 2012

It depends if you have time to really do that to be honest. Assuming the squad is in the 80s you may have time for that but as levels go up the kills are faster so you really only have time for 1.
    *gulps*

I rarely am so busy trying to keep a squad alive Cragg is rarely out. Between dropping plants and Break in the Clouds, yeah....

Lesson learnt.

I used to drop vital and creeper if we had a cleric (because BB already cuts the damage taken) so Spidervine wasn't really needed and then just nuke with Thicket and Gale Force or throw in an AoE heal. If I was solo healing I would use vital and spidervine for that damage reduction and once I hit 92 with Sage Salvation, Warp Shield. I always had Falling Petals cast on the squad and Aegis Sphere cast on the lure and cleric/myself/highest DD depending on squad.

I only started to use craggy when I was sure that a squad would be ok without me debuffing and being able to survive with just vital up and Falling Petals on them.

I really miss playing my Mystic. Damn need to farm me some better gear though so playing BM.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hm, it depends on the squad.

But usually I lyse creeper, have mistress on auto with hush and thicket > gale force. If things are tough or squads a bit squishy, drop vital herb too.

I'm rusty with FCC ._. Been ages since I done one, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is how a mystic can do FF as well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durSUAv6Ok0

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited April 2012
    This is how a mystic can do FF as well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durSUAv6Ok0

b:avoid

Brb going to cry.

Also why didn't you use Invigorate? or you did but I'm just blind?
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Brb going to cry.

Also why didn't you use Invigorate? or you did but I'm just blind?

Because i don't have it? I went luminance for my first order, working on invigorate atm.. 2 weeks to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Because i don't have it? I went luminance for my first order, working on invigorate atm.. 2 weeks to go.

I knew that b:quietb:avoid
    edited April 2012
    Retsuko, would it be too much to ask for your build on PWcalc?

b:cute
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Thank you!

OMG, your video is just.... Scary.
  • Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver
    Krazyeye$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i have done fc and the best thing to do is when in doubt ask the cleric (if u have one) and ask the tank/seeker/bm wat they think u shld do, I usualy cast salvation shield on the puller and when he has agro toss on falling petals and if the seeker takes a while to kill the mobs, i pull out cragg....oh and if there is a bm when he HF's that the best time to use craggs AOE skills
    but for the most part just ask ur squad b/c they will know what they need, and make sure the cleric and tank/puller are always res buffed and any squishy ppl also