How do you split mats when selling at auction?

Options
VanessaStar - Raging Tide
VanessaStar - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Ok, I have searched lots of forum posts and can't find the answer to this. I am trying to sell materials at the auction, but can't figure out how to only sell some of my mats, but not the entire stack (eg. I have a stack of 30 coal, but only want to sell 10). You would think that a little box would pop up and ask what quantity I wanted to sell (like it does with the NPC's), but that's not the case in the auction house. So how can I split these stacks of mats up, in order to only sell a partial amount? Thanks, VanessaStar
Post edited by VanessaStar - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Alt+drag the item stack and a box will pop up asking you how many items you want to place into that inventory slot. This is how you split stacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VanessaStar - Raging Tide
    VanessaStar - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ok. I tried that, but it's not working ..... (I was trying to split the stack into the auction sell box)

Edit: Ok, I finally figured it out. You have to split the stack within your inventory/backpack first (moving it to an empty INVENTORY slot by using alt+drag). That's the only way to get the little quantity box to pop up. Then you can move one of the split stacks onto the auction sell screen. Wow, could they have made it any harder? I'd bet that lots of new players are struggling with this and many probably just gave up on selling stacked items at auction because of it. I almost did. :/ Anyway, thanks for the reply, Nowitsawn.