PvP Instance idea.. ?

KeneticNRG - Lost City
KeneticNRG - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So for how ever long i have been roaming forums on PWI for my few years here
I have noticed that 1 thing that people do to try spark some fun is makin a pvp event themselves,.

Most succesful 1 i can think of was a couple years ago orginised by RedsRose..

Anyways.. My Idea...

Instead of more instances for farming gear.. Give us something something fun to do with
the gear we have already bought / farmed!.. ?

Pvp Instance, different catagories, e.g. 1v1 / 2v2 / 6v6 / 10v10?...

Based off a 2 hour timer,Matches Comfirmed start at end of those 2 hours and Timer resets for the following 2 hours, window would be kind of like an Aution window.
It would list the teams, team size and the wager the team has set?

e.g.

Team : xXx (Team Chooses Own Name)
Size : 6 v 6
Wager : 6m (1m from each member)

So to challenge Team xXx

a Squad of 6 needs to be formed, Squad leader Must have 6m and then select the
match and comfirm it.

When the current 2 hour timer goes down, the 12 participants recieve Pop-ups like a squad signet and get ported in, Small count down inside and fightt begins, winners take the 12m Pot

Sorry if this seems unorginised, it is.. just a spur of moment idea, changing it as i was typing..
Post edited by KeneticNRG - Lost City on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You know what the theater of blood is? It's a PvP instance, you know what the Dragon Temple is, PvP instance, weekly tourny on thursday, PvP instance.

Sure an arena or some other form of a PvP area open all the time would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that it would only further serve to kill open world pk which I miss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sounds like Starwars Galaxies when you did a PvP Warzone. Except there was no wagering. It was purely for PvP.

/Shrug look into that to tweak your idea.
    You know what the theater of blood is? It's a PvP instance, you know what the Dragon Temple is, PvP instance, weekly tourny on thursday, PvP instance.

Sure an arena or some other form of a PvP area open all the time would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that it would only further serve to kill open world pk which I miss.

I think he was looking for a "open world" PvP fight. But with special rules and conditions. And if you miss open world pvp. Go blame the Tideborn race for ruining it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012

Im talking about an all day long feature, Not an Event, 7 days a week running every 2 hours.. alot of the events ingame atm, people cannot attend due to timezones, sure there is others servers for that but with how Costly this game is, i dont think people wanna go spending hundreds of dollars or even thousands all over again to get what they already have
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gee you all should read my post before commenting on it,

since I agreed with you an "arena or some other form of a PvP area open all the time would be nice"

And fish did not kill open world pk, no one doing things in open world is what killed it fish actually made it more interesting before I left lost server for RT 'cause of the rise of FC lvling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Yea sorry i kinda distracted and went to reply before finished reading,

Open World Pvp and real RPK is dead tbh, Tideborns didnt kill that, BH and Frost did..
    Pvp in old days was about protecting your zhen area for lvling, and grinding etc.

No1 does that or quest in open world anymore so there is no rpk,
    and as for genral open pvp at pvp zones (west arch, silver pool etc)

Problem with that is, R9, and Sins.. People dont enjoy small pvp anymore because if 3-4
    average geared 10x go out to west for a bif of fun.. 1 r9 +12 comes and kills them all no challenge.. inturn they leave the area butthurt and decide they dont like pvp anymore..

My idea might even spark open world pvp back up in the sence that if people are wagering coins on a fight they are gonna need to practise.. =]
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    How about a Player-made Tournament Bracket.

Rules:
    NPC Gear Only(Heaven/Hell only No Crafted/Legendary/TT/Rank/Nirvana)
    Best 2/3.
    No Genies.(Apoth is allowed)

Depending on player turnout. Set brackets based on level. Since gear wont be a factor.
    Whoever can play their class the best will win by skill not gear.

Entry can be moderated by a GM or a trusted player. Set value of 100k an Entry.

Top 3 of each Tier (Level group) gets a portion of the pot.
  • GAEILGE - Heavens Tear
    GAEILGE - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So for how ever long i have been roaming forums on PWI for my few years here
    I have noticed that 1 thing that people do to try spark some fun is makin a pvp event themselves,.

Most succesful 1 i can think of was a couple years ago orginised by RedsRose..

Anyways.. My Idea...

Instead of more instances for farming gear.. Give us something something fun to do with
    the gear we have already bought / farmed!.. ?

Pvp Instance, different catagories, e.g. 1v1 / 2v2 / 6v6 / 10v10?...

Based off a 2 hour timer,Matches Comfirmed start at end of those 2 hours and Timer resets for the following 2 hours, window would be kind of like an Aution window.
    It would list the teams, team size and the wager the team has set?

e.g.

Team : xXx (Team Chooses Own Name)
    Size : 6 v 6
    Wager : 6m (1m from each member)

So to challenge Team xXx

a Squad of 6 needs to be formed, Squad leader Must have 6m and then select the
    match and comfirm it.

When the current 2 hour timer goes down, the 12 participants recieve Pop-ups like a squad signet and get ported in, Small count down inside and fightt begins, winners take the 12m Pot

Sorry if this seems unorginised, it is.. just a spur of moment idea, changing it as i was typing..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... ****** wicked sick epic !!

N00B go watch planet of the apes
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... ****** wicked sick epic !!

N00B go watch planet of the apes

Hahaha **** you paul, Head out for a bit ? lol
    How about a Player-made Tournament Bracket.

Rules:
    NPC Gear Only(Heaven/Hell only No Crafted/Legendary/TT/Rank/Nirvana)
    Best 2/3.
    No Genies.(Apoth allowed)

Depending on player turnout. Set brackets based on level. Since gear wont be a factor.
    Whoever can play their class the best will win by skill not gear.

Entry can be moderated by a GM or a trusted player. Set value of 100k an Entry.

Top 3 of each Tier (Level group) gets a portion of the pot.

I like your idea of NPC gear only and the 2/3,
    But as for no Apoth and No Genies?.. thats part of the game, part of the skill in pvp now with timing.. fight a bm without anti stun?.. hurr durr gg
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Hahaha **** you paul, Head out for a bit ? lol

I like your idea of NPC gear only and the 2/3,
    But as for no Apoth and No Genies?.. thats part of the game, part of the skill in pvp now with timing.. fight a bm without anti stun?.. hurr durr gg

it said Apoth allowed not disallowed. only no genies. sorry shouldve clarified better.
    This goes back to when people had to know their class better rather then depend on genies/gear to save their ***.
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    it said Apoth allowed not disallowed. only no genies. sorry shouldve clarified better.
    This goes back to when people had to know their class better rather then depend on genies/gear to save their ***.

Apollogies, Misread @ Apoths bein allowed, But i still think that genies should be part of it,
    Genies are part of game in every aspect not where as apoth seem situational..

Still as far as NPC gear goes, i love the idea, this would prevent any drama of r9's
    or just strongly geared players dominating the instance.
    Also i think it would be good as it would allow for players of all aspects to take part.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Apollogies, Misread @ Apoths bein allowed, But i still think that genies should be part of it,
    Genies are part of game in every aspect not where as apoth seem situational..

Still as far as NPC gear goes, i love the idea, this would prevent any drama of r9's
    or just strongly geared players dominating the instance.
    Also i think it would be good as it would allow for players of all aspects to take part.

>_>. I was throwing out the suggestion. Old school (pre-pack/genie/boughtgear) pvp sounded more fun then. Itll be long fights as it is between defense charms and apoth. Trust me -.-.
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    >_>. I was throwing out the suggestion. Old school (pre-pack/genie/boughtgear) pvp sounded more fun then. Itll be long fights as it is between defense charms and apoth. Trust me -.-.

I know it will be long fights, thats why i brought in the 2 hour timer between start times.
    And why i brought in the Wager, Small Wager suggests Low quality Fight (bad genie, no charms)
    High wagers suggests well.. skilled players..

This is all still just an idea, if PWE even look at my thread or reply with what they think,
    or even if they think something like this could be implemented with a few tweeks ofc.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well @ OP. If they bothered fixing the arena and such they could implement it there.

@ Unce. Mystic-Knight did something like this and they made a Sticky for it temporarily in the HT Sub-forum.

Back to OP. Try making a Thread to start a player based tournament. Have all contestants agree on a set entry cost. Find a player everyone would trust to "bank" said pot.
    Set the rules. and if enough players take part of it and some are "willing to log back on for this" situation it might make the PWE staff more interested in something like this.

Just my food for though. I'm personally impartial to the genies, however I might also include restrictions on some skills so they can't be abused.
    Example Ataraxia and Shadow Walk/Escape so they can't hide indefinitely/wait for cooldowns make it 30 seconds cap or so. But it would be your idea so use what you want.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • KeneticNRG - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Well @ OP. If they bothered fixing the arena and such they could implement it there.

Very True

Back to OP. Try making a Thread to start a player based tournament. Have all contestants agree on a set entry cost. Find a player everyone would trust to "bank" said pot.
    Set the rules. and if enough players take part of it and some are "willing to log back on for this" situation it might make the PWE staff more interested in something like this.

Personally i cant play game atm because i smashed my laptop to pieces lol, just been browsing forums on a crappy desktop while i try to replace.
    But as u mention that i have noticed
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1338421

Just my food for though. I'm personally impartial to the genies, however I might also include restrictions on some skills so they can't be abused.
    Example Ataraxia and Shadow Walk/Escape so they can't hide indefinitely/wait for cooldowns make it 30 seconds cap or so. But it would be your idea so use what you want.

Thank you for pointing that out about certain skills, good point and i will add it in(am gonna read tho all this tommorow after work and edit in some of communities take and ideas) and as for it bein my idea, I posted it here for every1 to get involved, if you like the idea in anyway or have suggestions post..
    Its then becomes OUR idea =]

/5char
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PVP instance you dont need..stop being a coward if you want to pvp..go out on the map and have it out..foolish people.

and that video.>FAIL but a good concept.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PVP instance you dont need..stop being a coward if you want to pvp..go out on the map and have it out..foolish people.

and that video.>FAIL but a good concept.

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread, meant to post here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16702741