quest item lag

Ryeleah - Raging Tide
Ryeleah - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
whenever i do a quest that teleports me somewhere, like the illusion stone, or the faction bank, Or when i do a quest that gives me an item, it takes like 1-3 min before anything happens.

any insight as to what is the matter/what can be done?
Post edited by Ryeleah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ryeleah - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    bump!
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    nothing can be done, probably loading the map/area
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ryeleah - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    its not just teleporting places tho. its quests that give me things...this is a brand new comp with a great graphics card...it shouldnt be doing this.
  • Ryeleah - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    its not 'any' teleporter either. just ones that require quests. like in and out of morai.
    i cant do the cube right now because of this!! >.>
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    its not 'any' teleporter either. just ones that require quests. like in and out of morai.
    i cant do the cube right now because of this!! >.>

Literally a few minutes?

I've had it take about 5 seconds before, but never much over that. I doubt it's anything to do with your graphics, it's either a server issue, your internet, or some hop in between.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    I have seen this happen when the quest list is very full, when you have a decent amount of lag, when your CPU is overloaded with background tasks, when your drive is heavily fragmented, and when the client has some files that aren't exactly kosher.

The last is what I find to be most common, and the issue is fixed by verifying the files a couple of times. Always remember to temporarily disable your antivirus before you verify, and it's also a good idea to add the client directory to the exceptions lists for your antivirus software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]