-99 casting.

Options
DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear
DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
is it possible? some cleric is telling me if he gets -79 base and uses hes -20 channel buff he will be insta with every skill ( know that works) but is it possible?
Post edited by DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That doesn't work for the fact alone that a spell has a cast and a channeling time. Cast time won't be influenced at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I did see some video on a test server where they showed -99 channel. it was instant. They made no mention of removing cast times. So it might actually be possible.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    your character still pauses to go through the casting animation, in terms of damage you will probably still kill people through IG/sutra/AD (graphics wise) as you've channeled before they immune, though the casting animation will show the skill hitting afterwards. (this is assume that you do in fact channel before they use apos)

~95% chan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-nYETkpd4&context=C4c8da8cADvjVQa1PpcFMASIo2mzo0X-I95ivnWGK04WhlTxsBAhs=

graphics start messing up
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    97-99 is the sweet spot to be insta for anything with 2 sec channeling or less. Everything else won't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jasriana - Heavens Tear
    Jasriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -99% channel? Yes. -99% casting? No.

What's the difference?

In baseball, channeling would be the windup, casting would be the pitch.

Or, think of pumping a shot gun before every shot. With -99 channel, the reloading time is eliminated, so it would only take as long as firing a shot.

Casting time cannot be modified or reduced.
  • NescauBall - Archosaur
    NescauBall - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^^^^^^^at least not anymore :x
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i think it's a glitch that has been fixed ages ago but sitll remains in some p.servers
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Also at a certain -Channeling point, the game forcibly resets you back to -90%. Forget what the point is though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notso - Raging Tide
    Notso - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    How do you even get 75-79 base channel reduction? b:puzzled b:infuriated
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -99 channel (often referred to as insta cast, hence all the confusion about it) cannot happen on 1.4.4. servers (aka any servers with the new races). On older servers though, like the kind my-en used to have before their updates (pwi started off on a much newer version than they did though, it's possible pwi never had this feature), these sort of things were possible. However, wanmei long since changed things and the game is hard coded to be capped at a maximum of -90%.

Likewise, you cannot achieve an aps higher than 5, however, if you forcible tried to get an aps higher than that, you would end up with a really small aps (say like .2).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    by sacrificing some gears for lower quality higher channeling gear. using magic OHT neck that has channeling on it is one common way since it's possible (though extremely rare) to get -18% channeling on such a neck peice (as I said VERY rare, seen -12% a few times) My cleric is between -25% and -30% channeling (too lazy to count exactly) and I've not gone for extra channeling gear with a channeling cape, neck, pants, top I could easily be 50-70% but that would drasticly lower my phys def (I like my cube neck and warsong belt ty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Notso - Raging Tide
    Notso - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So basically you can't get it with legendary gear? You have to use ☆☆☆ gear with -chan adds, which are obviously crappier than the legendary gear...

So who wins if the toons are equally skilled; -95 chan wizzy or full R9 wizzy?
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So basically you can't get it with legendary gear? You have to use ☆☆☆ gear with -chan adds, which are obviously crappier than the legendary gear...

So who wins if the toons are equally skilled; -95 chan wizzy or full R9 wizzy?

2 people equally skilled the one with better gear wins of course. Now if a person has high channeling and is skilled but the r9 is a cs noob then the channeler can win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2y ago i saw someone selling 3x-6chan wrists in DW
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    your character still pauses to go through the casting animation, in terms of damage you will probably still kill people through IG/sutra/AD (graphics wise) as you've channeled before they immune, though the casting animation will show the skill hitting afterwards. (this is assume that you do in fact channel before they use apos)

~95% chan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq-nYETkpd4&context=C4c8da8cADvjVQa1PpcFMASIo2mzo0X-I95ivnWGK04WhlTxsBAhs=

graphics start messing up

I looked at your pw calc build, and it says -13 channel on ur mag sword + 2 - 3 chan stones. How did you get -13 channel on your R9 sword o,O
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I looked at your pw calc build, and it says -13 channel on ur mag sword + 2 - 3 chan stones. How did you get -13 channel on your R9 sword o,O

I thought the same, but in generality

helm -3
    plate -6
    legs -3
    boots / wrists -9
    neck -6
    belt -6
    cape -6
    ring 1 -6
    ring 2 -6
    weapon -10

That's all standard gear. Totaling that up gets you -61% channeling base. You put demon spark on that you're in the 80s. I'm not sure why people think it's blasphemy to get into the 90s... now getting neck belt to -12 -12 will be a costly step but I mean it's already -80% channeling. You can even add in base buff which is 10% for the major one.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Options

huum isnt there a rune with -chan? not sure
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    is it possible? some cleric is telling me if he gets -79 base and uses hes -20 channel buff he will be insta with every skill ( know that works) but is it possible?

so the thing with the casting, its answered. casting time doesnt change.

as with channeling speed, im quite sure it works on an exponential decay formula, meaning that the more channeling you have, the less of an effect each -channeling will have, because each -channeling is compounded from the next. like, if you have a -6, that means u are 94%, but if you have another -6, that -6 is 6% of 94 not 100, so in reality you will never have 0 channeling.

this is just my guess.

helm -3
    plate -6
    legs -3
    boots / wrists -9
    neck -6
    belt -6
    cape -6
    ring 1 -6
    ring 2 -6
    weapon -10

That's all standard gear. Totaling that up gets you -61% channeling base. You put demon spark on that you're in the 80s. I'm not sure why people think it's blasphemy to get into the 90s... now getting neck belt to -12 -12 will be a costly step but I mean it's already -80% channeling. You can even add in base buff which is 10% for the major one.

also forgot about the 2 channeling stones you can put in your weapon, giving another -6.
    Koizara from dreamweaver has that -19% nirvy g15 weapon (-10 from unique add-on, another -3, and 2 channel stones). iv never seen a -12% belt but i have a -12 neck and im sure -12 belts can exist. the tome, useless as it is, can give -1-2% channeling depending which one you get, lol. im bad with math idk what that will put max channeling to, but its high enough to be 90% sparked
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so the thing with the casting, its answered. casting time doesnt change.

as with channeling speed, im quite sure it works on an exponential decay formula, meaning that the more channeling you have, the less of an effect each -channeling will have, because each -channeling is compounded from the next. like, if you have a -6, that means u are 94%, but if you have another -6, that -6 is 6% of 94 not 100, so in reality you will never have 0 channeling.

this is just my guess.

Could be true on this client. But on the 1.3.6 client, channelling went up very simply (idk the correct word), where each number added up and it capped at 99%. Channelling went down to 90% if you went over 99%. I remember on old p.servers, people would always suggest channelling should be like interval, and be (whatever the word is). Sorry beer kills brain cells b:surrender
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -99 channel (often referred to as insta cast, hence all the confusion about it) cannot happen on 1.4.4. servers (aka any servers with the new races). On older servers though, like the kind my-en used to have before their updates (pwi started off on a much newer version than they did though, it's possible pwi never had this feature), these sort of things were possible. However, wanmei long since changed things and the game is hard coded to be capped at a maximum of -90%.

Where does this info come from? Every time I see something like this I have to go and re-test to make sure it still works.

-99 Channel still exists. It still resets to -90 if you go beyond that. Tested many times. Witnesses have seen it.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    huum isnt there a rune with -chan? not sure

this is correct its is -3 chan rune, it is a cheaper rune, but only lasts 30 mintues.
    However, wanmei long since changed things and the game is hard coded to be capped at a maximum of -90%.

there is a difference in speed b/w -90 and -99. over 99 resets to 90. over 100 used to look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU&feature=related. ive had 103% chan and it does not work like that though. b:sad
    How do you even get 75-79 base channel reduction? b:puzzled b:infuriated

lol... idk.. you could copy past link of the - chan wiz... maybe..
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

helm -3
    plate -6
    legs -3
    boots / wrists -9
    neck -6
    belt -6
    cape -6
    ring 1 -6
    ring 2 -6
    weapon -10

Ok Revision:

Helm -3%
    Plate -6%
    Legs -3%
    Boots / Wrsits -9%
    Neck -6%
    Belt -6%
    Cape -6%
    Ring 1 -6%
    Ring 2 -6%
    Weapon -10% (-13% to -16% with a crazy roll on G15 Nirvy)
    Weapon Shards -6%
    Tome -2%

Rune -3%
    Base Buff -10% (Overridden by spark? I'm going to assume so)
    Demon Spark -25% (except venos all other AA get this)
    Unsparked Base: -69% to -75%
    Unsparked (With Rune): -72% to -78%
    Unsparked (With Base Buff + Rune): -82% to -88%
    Sparked (With Rune): -97% to -103%

I'm not even counting any -9% or -12% pieces on neck/belt/rings so yeah pretty possible and only the nirvy weapon is really a stretch.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -99 Channel no linger works. Channeling has been capped at about 60%
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    take a wiz use sutra and use townportal ( sutra = -%100 channeling skill) you will see the wiz will still need to channel 1 second...
  • RoyalMist - Sanctuary
    RoyalMist - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    or a psy tidal spirit + town portal, same effect as wiz sutra :) oh and mystic can reach -90% channel the easiest since Rapid Growth gives -20 channel and stacks with demon spark or base buffs.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    -99 Channel no linger works. Channeling has been capped at about 60%

So wrong, stop spreading falseness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So wrong, stop spreading falseness.
    so true. I know more than you think I do
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited April 2012
    Options
    take a wiz use sutra and use townportal ( sutra = -%100 channeling skill) you will see the wiz will still need to channel 1 second...

-100% resets to -90%.. -99% is the cap.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Could be true on this client. But on the 1.3.6 client, channelling went up very simply (idk the correct word), where each number added up and it capped at 99%. Channelling went down to 90% if you went over 99%. I remember on old p.servers, people would always suggest channelling should be like interval, and be (whatever the word is). Sorry beer kills brain cells b:surrender

the reason channeling cant be like interval is that interval increases atk rate exponentially, while channeling is either in a decay function or a linear function i believe. the more -int you have the more difference each piece makes. while for channeling, that is not exactly true, partly because the unchangeable "cast time" that exists no matter wat -chan u got, and maybe partly due to some other otherworldly factors that my brain cannot process because its too advanced for my understanding...

but yea, chan and int should go hand in hand and should have roughly the same effect. idk why cast speed has to be a constant.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    this is correct its is -3 chan rune, it is a cheaper rune, but only lasts 30 mintues.

there is a difference in speed b/w -90 and -99. over 99 resets to 90. over 100 used to look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU&feature=related. ive had 103% chan and it does not work like that though. b:sad

lol... idk.. you could copy past link of the - chan wiz... maybe..

-138% channeling? wat the hell kind of gear do u have/wat skills/genie/pots do you use lol?

i should ask...what game do you play lol?