13»

Comments

• Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    People whine because prices are too good: "Rank 9 sale killed PWI"

People whine because prices are absurd: "to charge the hideous prices they do is totally unfathomable"

Every time PWI does something they think the player base wants (based on feedback whiny forum trolls): more whines just keep coming.

Just **** people and play the game or leave. Even if you get what you want: you wont be happy. If it's dead: quit wasting your time here.

Translation: None of you are entitled to have an opinion.

If everyone thought like you, thumbs, there'd be no point of having forums!
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The game will never die as long as I have a taco, wait someone stole my taco b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1) people are spending more than ever
    2) new content
    3) company stock just paid a 13% dividend
    4) there are more and more female gamers
    5) there are more advertisements on the forum

i dont even......b:dirty

umm they have other games this game pwi is dead go try to find a bh squad or a fb squad go run tt 1-2 or something then tell me game is alive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Personally, there's little doubt in my mind that HT, Sanc, and possibly LC are the only populated servers left. I played on Arch for awhile and that place was more dead at its peak than HT is today. But even HT is slipping, I'd say.

I made a new char the other night (one of those "mystery alts" people have dislike, admittedly), and I was amazed to actually see people out at Broken Bow Bluff after 90% of the quests out there have had the training wheels put on them. My char was approached by a seeker with a random faction invite (after begging for buffs... from my lv24 wizard >_>) and I witnessed a sin get up from death only to immediately attack a mob without bothering to heal. The newbish stupidity made it feel like old times, there. XD If only for a second. But in general, HT's questing fields are as barren as any other server.

So I think at this point it's kind of moot to discuss how "dead" the game is. We've long since reached the point where they only way they can stabilize this game is to completely gut out the systems they've set up to attract the twitch-kiddie crowd that now composes 80% of their customer base. Otherwise, it's just going to circle the drain for awhile (like it's been doing for the last year or two) until most of the kiddies leave and only the vets are left... those who know exactly how and why PWI got so dysfunctional. The only true unknown, IMO, is at what point PWE/Beijing will decide to pull the plug and leave us to the arbitrary nature of pservers. I'll tell you one thing, though... if and when it happens, you can bet I'll be on the evening before shutdown to see all the nostalgic people get on one last time and troll WC. :P

EDIT: Cimon, I like that sig image (even if you didn't make it). Short and to the point. Makes me wish we were back in 2009-10 when there was at least the illusion of the staff here being able to do jack. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You forgot the attack clerics at west..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People still blowing $$$ out of their rears, so it's basically not dead... Old PWI is dead though, or should I say close to dead? Questing areas are almost dead, zhen squads are almost dead, some events are almost dead. Crafting system is a bit dead. Worst of all, skill is nearly dead unless you're playing a caster class.... If there is R9 recast, there might be a weapon that have the instant kill proc on every weapon, watch even casters user accuracy gems on their weapons to auto attack till proc comes to instantly kill anything they touch.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People have been saying the game is dead for so long. We are all still here though.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At least with people +10ing JoSDing PvP for R9 players is more balanced b:chuckle
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At least with people +10ing JoSDing PvP for R9 players is more balanced b:chuckle

They should add instant K.O add-ons on R9 recast while they are at it ._., they would not even have to refine their weapons for PVP, just hit them and boom! they dead.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People have been saying the game is dead for so long. We are all still here though.

Maybe. But because we are all here doesn't mean it isn't dead... unless of course "death" for you means nothing less than the servers finally being switched off for good.
  • Uriah - Raging Tide
    Uriah - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Not for long. Waiting for the release of a new game next month and I am gone. I want to play a game. Not take part in a virtual market. And that is all PWI is anymore... So even if it's not dead, it is for me.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'll just leave this riiiiiiiiiiight here.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/20676478.jpg
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Just what sort of sorcery is keeping a bearish thread alive? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'll just leave this riiiiiiiiiiight here.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/20676478.jpg

Correction:

You've clearly never seen this game before Raging Tide Expansion*

Which is somewhat faulty since the game was at it's best before genies, but even with them in the game wasn't worse since they helped in some manner with their skills for HP and/or shields to absorb types of damage/deal it out.

Sin's though....Sin's came in and things went to hell.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sin's though....Sin's came in and things went to hell.

Oh please.

We get the same argument every single time. Granted, with the gear we have now, Assassins are kinda hellish. However, it's not something that is inherently there. A big part of why assassins are ridiculously strong has to do with the pack gear, the reputation sales and the constant orb sales.

The orb sales yield high refines, which make up for the disadvantage of being melee-range with light armor. The pack gear was a major part of acquiring the higher APS numbers. And in PvP, the Rank 9 gear has tremendous DPH potential.

Take away all the gear in packs, all the stuff gained easily from the reputation and refines higher than +6 gained from Orbs and you're not left with much. That would realistically cap assassins at 2.22/2.86 aps. Of course, the unrealistic option would include getting a TM cape and a Pan Gu, Creator from pages in the Boutique. That would leave you at 5 aps with +6 refines and **** for life, since you'd pretty much have to be nuts to shard anything higher than Immaculates without tokens. And that still assumes that you find some means to farm yourself 4 pieces of TT99 and 3 pieces of Nirvana, which certainly wouldn't be as breezy as it is now.

Though, it's not just the sins that benefit. Without pack sales, you wouldn't see nearly as many 5 aps BMs, as Deicide is an easy way to that. Take it away and the next best option is G13 Nirvana, but that costs like 2-4 times what Deicide does. Not to mention that if you take away the -interval cape as well, BMs would have a softcap at 2.86/4.0 aps. Though most BMs would be 2.86, which isn't nearly as appealing.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Just what sort of sorcery is keeping a bearish thread alive? b:shocked

I blame the ponies. b:chuckle

@SS The meme is sarcastic, therefore, the response was sarcastic.

"Clearly you were here before Raging Tides" insinuates, being that it was sarcastic, that they actually weren't there, which is why they say the game isn't dead, because they hadn't seen what was there before things went to hell----which was my point entirely.

The game was fine the way it was. Hell, it would have still be fine, if there hadn't been such a big d!ckup when it came to Tideborn. (As a Psychic, I admit my class is ridiculous, but ONLY at R9. It's not hard to kill a R8 Psychic....unless it's that Longknife character.)

I honestly enjoyed the game when genies came out. As a former barb, I found them useful as all hell when I went out grinding. (I know, it's a new concept for you people who don't think this game is dead, but there was a period where we actually went out into the map and did things besides FC.) I also liked how I didn't have to rely on someone else to lure mobs.

The developers have had NUMEROUS chances to fix this game. We've had (going on, after the 23rd,) THREE expansions to fix what they've managed to **** up.
    They've taken advantage of none of them.

I'll make my point on that with the following:
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/20676570.jpg

@Olbaze
    I do concur that Pack gear and Rank sales were the final nail in the coffin. Once I saw the stats on R9, I lost all faith in this company. My last glimmer of hope is that 3rd recast is what they say it's cracked up to be.
    However, nobody QQ'd about bosses being too slow before RT, because the enjoyment came FROM bosses taking long, or PvP fights lasting several minutes. That's the point. APS became more popular, and people demanded instant gratification. Then people saw how quickly others were progressing, and the numbers multiplied. It's quite disheartening.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q