New End-Game Character

Options
CritCat - Archosaur
CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I was thinking of rolling another caster. Problem is, I can't decide between which one next to use.
I was choosing between:

Venomancer
Mystic
Cleric

But I cannot decide.

The toon I choose, will be fully R9.
The toon will be used primarily for PK/TW/PvP purposes.

I'd just like your personal opinions.

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Sin Build:
pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
Current Wizard Build:
pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
Post edited by CritCat - Archosaur on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Veno.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Veno.

Can you at least attempt to convince me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do.

Cleric > Heal, rez, keep your squad alive.

Mystic > Heal, support, nuke

Veno> Debuff, nuke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wiz?! D: mm, if you go cleric, I'd say go recast r8 instead of r9 for puri proc
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do.

Cleric > Heal, rez, keep your squad alive.

Mystic > Heal, support, nuke

Veno> Debuff, nuke

I like killing people more than anything. But none are excellent for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wiz?! D: mm, if you go cleric, I'd say go recast r8 instead of r9 for puri proc

Wiz

Undine
    Genie Spark
    Ulti/Sutra fire combo

GG/Boring

20kPdef SELFbuffed with ornies

Boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Killing people sounds like psychic or archer to me.

Not cleric, mystic, or veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Killing people sounds like psychic or archer to me.

Not cleric, mystic, or veno.

Psychic is Faceroll DoT mode

Archer is PewPew 21k HP Purgeroflown mode

Wizard is 1combo blinkaway mode

BM is lol marrow Y U NO DO ANY DMG MODE

Sin... No.....

I need another class, The others are boring to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ... you just had to prove me wrong the one time I thought you were actually serious and not trolling, right? b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ... you just had to prove me wrong the one time I thought you were actually serious and not trolling, right? b:scorn

I just want a class that's a bit more difficult to PK on than something so easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well r9 anything is sweet so I'll ignore that in the comparing factor

Cleric will be easiest to lvl, squads will always need a cleric and even if there aren't any squads right away the moment one pops up you'll be invited

Mystics have the highest DD factor of these 3, plants in TW PvP can be annoying as hell and their pets do way more damage than a venos

Venos have the most solo capablity of the 3 their pets can tank bosses unlike mystics pets (which can tank if set up to keep themselves ranged properly, but they still can't take as much damage as a veno's can) veno's also have the advantage of being wanted in both nirvana's so there is an additional factor there as well for when you get tired of farming on your sin. With fox form veno has highest survivablity factor PvP or PvE, but again since all are r9 not as much of a factor

Each has good points and bad what it really boils down to is how do you want to play.

Cleric's in TW are expected to support mostly, whether as part of a cata squad or a pk squad your first mission is to keep your squad alive, second is to kill the enemy

Mystics in TW are sometimes expected to support heal if your faction is low on clerics, but mostly your rezbuffing and killing

Venos purge the most dreaded thing for an incoming pk/cata squad is for a aoe purge to strip them of their buffs and make them suddenly very squishy. After the purge (if you live) you attack and if your squad is victorious of course you go off to rinse and repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well r9 anything is sweet so I'll ignore that in the comparing factor

Cleric will be easiest to lvl, squads will always need a cleric and even if there aren't any squads right away the moment one pops up you'll be invited

Mystics have the highest DD factor of these 3, plants in TW PvP can be annoying as hell and their pets do way more damage than a venos

Venos have the most solo capablity of the 3 their pets can tank bosses unlike mystics pets (which can tank if set up to keep themselves ranged properly, but they still can't take as much damage as a veno's can) veno's also have the advantage of being wanted in both nirvana's so there is an additional factor there as well for when you get tired of farming on your sin. With fox form veno has highest survivablity factor PvP or PvE, but again since all are r9 not as much of a factor

Each has good points and bad what it really boils down to is how do you want to play.

Cleric's in TW are expected to support mostly, whether as part of a cata squad or a pk squad your first mission is to keep your squad alive, second is to kill the enemy

Mystics in TW are sometimes expected to support heal if your faction is low on clerics, but mostly your rezbuffing and killing

Venos purge the most dreaded thing for an incoming pk/cata squad is for a aoe purge to strip them of their buffs and make them suddenly very squishy. After the purge (if you live) you attack and if your squad is victorious of course you go off to rinse and repeat.

Point is, I get my *** handed to me by clerics sometimes.

I might not wanna roll one again. Factor out costs, I solo everything I need on my assassin. What I can't farm really I just CS.

Veno and mystic seem fun, But I have no idea how well they could be used to PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, if you want to make a pvp char with one of these 3 races, i suggest Mystic
    The first R9 Mystic in Lost City was almost unbeteable, you were lucky if you manage to survive a thicket (yeah, ppl said ''holy god im so pro i survived her ticket!'')
    And, you will have fun sealing ppl and make them rage
    At least im having a lot of fun with my lil char, her gear sucks and is really squishy, but it can hold an r9 op psy in tw easily :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Point is, I get my *** handed to me by clerics sometimes.

I might not wanna roll one again. Factor out costs, I solo everything I need on my assassin. What I can't farm really I just CS.

Veno and mystic seem fun, But I have no idea how well they could be used to PvP.

Yes I can understand cleric's giving you a hard time b:sin I am not r9 or even r8 (I'm in lunar and mix of other gear, but it's a good mix) and in tw when a sin pops out of stealth and tries to kill me they discover I am not squishy but crunchy and if my squad mates don't kill the sin I do. But I am a cata cleric making sure the barbs make it to the crystal being an r9 I'm sure your faction would put you more on the frontlines cause you'll have a lot more power and cleric's can deal a great deal of damage.

I don't have a mystic to know what kind of damage they do first hand, but I have friends that do (and from fighting them on my cleric and other toons) I know they can put out a fair amount, but are more complicated to play because of the various plants and pets.

Veno's of course purge and then attack, nova can be a really annoying skill to be hit with since it can seal not to mention if you get in a tight spot you can bramble hood and return 2x the damage to meelers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Psychic is Faceroll DoT mode

Archer is PewPew 21k HP Purgeroflown mode

Wizard is 1combo blinkaway mode

BM is lol marrow Y U NO DO ANY DMG MODE

Sin... No.....

I need another class, The others are boring to me

That is pretty much it though. I say get Gee double you two and move on if bordom is what you are trying to escape.

They do a remarkable job with this game in decieving people that it is fun. You literally have to stand there to fight. What is that mess? Directional AOEs require targets? WTF!

This game is an antique.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Both veno and mystic can be amazing for pvp.

With my veno i would stun>purge>sick pet>nuke. If they get loose and come for ya and are melee bramble hood is just LOL :D

My mystic is by far the most unique class i pvp with. With such awesome summon buffs from salvation or buffs after you energy leech them (absorb damage and insane crit and stuff) you have high survival if you know how to do it. Not to meantion the aoe stun/seal is so fun when multiple targets are on you. usually seals 1-2 people while you nuke the others.

My favorite combo is Summon salvation>Energy Leech>Cloud Eruption>Summon Craglord and just destroy everyone around me. I have killed full squads coming after me with that while they just stood there going "WTF"
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Mystic, because they're a pretty diverse class. I've seen at least 2 on RT that were pretty good in PvP, and since they can fill the role of a healer in -most- instances, they can be very useful in an FC squad. As for TW, I can't say, I haven't seen or experienced or heard of anything like that first hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    y no seeker?!
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is no-endgame.

You have the power to end the game when you choose not to login anymore.

They will bring new and new content to maintain the game up, as long as it is profitable.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes. Spend even more money on this broken game, so I can keep feeding my addiction for free. b:victory

OT, Veno...because venos suck.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    y no seeker?!

No. Seekers hit **** numbers on me even on my APS sin.

Edit:8k Max proccrit out of 12k HP when I can already lock them up and deal decent damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No. Seekers hit **** numbers on me even on my APS sin.

Edit:8k Max proccrit out of 12k HP when I can already lock them up and deal decent damage.

sage veno, Think about it...

Aoe Purge, parasitic nova maybe a follow-up noxious... grats! you took out a charging mob/squad/half a squad.

and if you are making it R9 even...b:dirty
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is no-endgame.

You have the power to end the game when you choose not to login anymore.

They will bring new and new content to maintain the game up, as long as it is profitable.

...never thought I'd do this to a spell quote, but...

qft

well done b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]