Green FF Gear into EXP

2»

Comments

• FinnyGuard - Heavens Tear
    FinnyGuard - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In before AH becomes non existent of FF greens again.....
  • TwentyThree - Dreamweaver
    TwentyThree - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wait, I'm confused. you guys are seeming to imply that 400k exp for the cost of an FC green is a great deal....Last I checked, FC greens sold for 800k+. Granted, that was several months ago, but that price had been steady for a very long time (1 year+).

Trading coin for experience 2:1 seems absolutely terrible. I get some 480k exp for crazy stone, and that's like 75k?

Someone explain this to me b:sad
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    . . . you're despicable

Derp.
    Wait, I'm confused. you guys are seeming to imply that 400k exp for the cost of an FC green is a great deal....Last I checked, FC greens sold for 800k+. Granted, that was several months ago, but that price had been steady for a very long time (1 year+).

Trading coin for experience 2:1 seems absolutely terrible. I get some 480k exp for crazy stone, and that's like 75k?

That's also what I posted 4 months ago.

I still don't get it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its worth it if you get it as a drop, but I wont buy them just for exp kinda silly at current prices b:chuckle

oh and inb4lock
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012

It's mostly for the purpose of a drop. And depending on your server they aren't even close to that cost. On my server you can still get quite a few if you wanted at a 1:1 ratio. And before this became public you could have it as much as 1:10 ratio when I was getting them at like 40k each initally.
    Its worth it if you get it as a drop, but I wont buy them just for exp kinda silly at current prices b:chuckle

oh and inb4lock

^
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's also what I posted 4 months ago.

I still don't get it...

You're limited in the amount of times you can do crazy stone per day. You aren't limited in the amount of Orders of Blessing you can use at once.

Basically it's a nice 'bump' to speed up the mind-numbingly tedious process. Gain exp via whatever your usual method is until your bar meets up with the amount of exp you have banked up, then go ding yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you study it, the gear has better stats than tt90 green gear, i have a set of the HA fc armor i keep for my ha toons as i level them, its not bad gear at all plus its cheaper than tt90 and can be socketed cheaper as well.
    Edit: not taking into account the extra attributes of tt90 versus fc gear though, im too lazy to do it
  • TwentyThree - Dreamweaver
    TwentyThree - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok I still don't get it. Trading coin for exp at 1:1 is still TERRIBLE. If you get it as a drop, you're better off selling it in AH and buying your way into mobs/heads.

/still confused...

Edit: I can't read, 1:10 Ratio is pretty good I suppose, but I never saw the FC gear selling for that cheap
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This stuff was a great income on my FrostCovered way to 105, most of the drops of course come from the last bosses , even got some gold rings from the bird boss. So it was nice basically fcc Paid for fccing , tons of hypers , food and pots used till i finished. b:victory

Edit: I sold every piece for 1.5-1.6mil , it all sold , always. I never knew why, till now.
    edited August 2012
    Ok I still don't get it. Trading coin for exp at 1:1 is still TERRIBLE. If you get it as a drop, you're better off selling it in AH and buying your way into mobs/heads.

/still confused...

Edit: I can't read, 1:10 Ratio is pretty good I suppose, but I never saw the FC gear selling for that cheap

No offense I don't expect you as a a sin at that to understand the point of it.

You can only Hyper so many times in a day. You can only do so many dailies in a day before you run out of things to do. Currently if hypers are used correctly in PV instead of wasted in FF and all major dailies are done for exp (MQ/BQ/Morai/cs/cube/etc). (PV gives MUCH better exp btw) you sit at about 15mil exp for the day(in 3hours worth of time). Thats where those FF greens came into play either by drops or purchased. Those can boost the amount of exp you gained for the day a little bit further. When I was 104 I set a goal to try to get 17.5mil exp a day which is exactly 1% exp. So I was buying 6 Green FF pieces a day ranging from 40-200k each but torward the last few months I prety much bought out all of the supply so I had to resort to worldchatting which caused more people in my server to start to figure out what I was doing and caused the prices to raise.

I'm pretty sure there are others who do this as well.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So I was buying 6 Green FF pieces a day ranging from 40-200k each.

Unfortunately at the prices you quoted,those are NOT gonna happen at my server. Cheapest FC green gear costs around 400k cheapest in RT. Maybe somebody did find out in my server as well but rather sell it out
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    akosireann wrote: »
    Unfortunately at the prices you quoted,those are NOT gonna happen at my server. Cheapest FC green gear costs around 400k cheapest in RT. Maybe somebody did find out in my server as well but rather sell it out

All your RT FC greens are belong to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You could still run TT and make the greens yourself. Then you have the option whether to merchant the greens or use them for XP & stuff.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You could still run TT and make the greens yourself. Then you have the option whether to merchant the greens or use them for XP & stuff.

Uhm... did you even read the OP...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012

*waves his hand*

"Those aren't the greens you are looking for."
    edited August 2012

I kinda find the characters name ironic to the post >.<
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I kinda find the characters name ironic to the post >.<

Even more ironic since it's spelled wrong? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    necrooooootastic!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray