Base vit help?

Theperisher - Lost City
Theperisher - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Blademaster
Should an end game bm have 4 base vit? I reset mine and I have noticed a decrease in survivability but and increase in damage as expected. what do you guys thnk?
Post edited by Theperisher - Lost City on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I roll with 50 base vit.

I may restat to 3 base, and later on stat out some dex for str as well, but that's a lot of HP for me to lose. I'll have to get my HA gear first and shard it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Should an end game bm have 4 base vit? I reset mine and I have noticed a decrease in survivability but and increase in damage as expected. what do you guys thnk?

Enough Dex for the claws you plan to use, the rest into strength.

If you're having survival issues you should be focusing on:

Better Gear
    Better Refines on gear
    Better Refines on weapon for better heals
    Refining your playstyle

Otherwise you're tossing 5g every 50 you want to move around. Money better spent on 1-3 above.

100 vit is 1500 hp. Ive not seen 1500 HP save people if they've got at least 6k-8k base hp. 100 Str is a big deal in terms of paint heals from fists.

If you're PVPing and want to go Vit Axe - seriously, dont - thats okay. But in PvE, jacking stats outta strength or dex is just gonna make you use lesser claws, or hit for less damage, which with claws you want as much damage per hit to keep up paint heals.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Meh too many BMs are trying to play sins here with such low vit. BMs should be made for survivability, not heavy damage. If u do intend to do pvp with a low HP, u need to check into an asylum :P

I've planned my economical method for getting a good base vit at lvl 100 while i work on my endgame gear. while armor's don't demand high requirement, ur weapons will be the key to determining ur build. I've chosen calloused lionheart hatchets and deicides as my interim weapon till i get my endgame. The reason for this is because, deicides are cheap and require low dex which i can pump the extra stats into vit and honestly there's no reason to flaunt ur epeen saying that u can aps with **** damage when a sin can easily out DD u. Lionheart axes have a nice zerk with it along with the low str requirement. And when u're an AOE DDer survivability is important.

So these weapons till i get my endgame armor i.e Lunar nirvana full set or r9 if i think i'll be capable of farming or merching it. After i get the armor then only i'll restat. No point in refining a TT99 to +5 and then using it to make ur nirvy gear and again refining x.x
    So like Sarra said, ideally keep 50 vit, maybe a lil more if u can. My BM has 140 vit with armors and 10k HP buffed, only 2 pieces of TT99 but rest of the gear at +3, i haven't noticed a reduction in damage in practice but i'm enjoying the huge boost in survivability
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Eh. Vit helps with MDef and PDef. But, at 100, I've got 11.7k HP unbuffed. If I statted that 50 vit into Str, I'd have 11k HP unbuffed. Which I'm considering doing. I get my HP from shards (Vit shards) and refines (+10 is where I stop, my pockets aren't that deep).

Vit Axes was fantastic when BM's didn't WANT to pull aggro from a Barb. BP changed that.

And really, axes are useful for AOEing and HF. But if you don't have the sparks for HF... Not to mention, it's kind of nice hitting at 1.43 with axes.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Vit build = Fail build.
    Refine ur end game gear to +7 and you'll be fine with HP for PvE.
    Refine ur end game gear to +10 and you'll be fine for PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Eh. Vit helps with MDef and PDef. But, at 100, I've got 11.7k HP unbuffed. If I statted that 50 vit into Str, I'd have 11k HP unbuffed. Which I'm considering doing. I get my HP from shards (Vit shards) and refines (+10 is where I stop, my pockets aren't that deep).

Vit Axes was fantastic when BM's didn't WANT to pull aggro from a Barb. BP changed that.

And really, axes are useful for AOEing and HF. But if you don't have the sparks for HF... Not to mention, it's kind of nice hitting at 1.43 with axes.

Vit helps with mdef and pdef, but strength is something like 10x more effective at increasing physical defense. Considering about 90% of the damage a BM takes is physical, it means adding to strength really reduces the amount of damage we take. Sure we have less hp but we take less damage. Combine that with things dieing quicker and its probably an overall increase in survivability. Not to mention more strength = better paint heals.

The answer is 3 vit, 200 dex (or 203 for Regicide/Windpour) and the rest strength, WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD DECENT REFINES. I was a 3/2 build up to 100, had a bit of trouble with BH 100s like tanking Metal so I restatted 40 into vit, got +5 or +6 on my gear and re-restatted all that vit away. The 40 vit helped but in retrospect the 5-6m I spent on a restat could have just gotten me the refines, lol.

For PvE 8k hp is plenty to do anything in game a BM is expected to do except solo 3-2/3-3. For PvP I can respect vit as being an option, especially in group PvP, but you lose a bit of finishing power. So you may be able to tank their hits better but you may also never be able to kill a decently geared charmed opponent, depending on yours and their refines. I say if you can restat and keep 7.5k hp, go for it.

And honestly, vit-axes were never great for PvE. This was a time when BMs had a job that took 2 seconds out of every 30 seconds of gameplay and were largely useless the rest of the time. I remember 4 hour long 2-3s and FCCs. Btw, back then barbs were tanking with 10-12k hp, lower physical defenses, no marrows, and no self heals. Even paintless 3-vit BMs have more survivability now than barbs did in the vit-axe days, so why shouldn't they tank?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited April 2012
    Vit build = Fail build.

I'd rather throw myself off a Jet Plane without a chute rather than refine a TT90 chest to +7.
    TT90 is the reality of alot of BMs having survivability issues, and takes a while to get TT99/lunargold chest assuming u're farming ur gear and not swiping ur credit/debit card.
    For lvl 100 BMs, u need vit till u get 10k HP buffed. And don't try to get 10k HP buffed by refining the worthless gear, i.e TT 90 to +3 tops, TT 99 to +5 and the only gear that's worth going above +5 refines is nirvana gear. the aps parts of ur TT99 can also be refined to above +5 but others it's just a waste of money.
    Once u can get get more than 10k HP buffed or unbuffed with ur Lunar armor, that's the most economical time to do a reset to 3 vit. Only a matter of 6 mil coins for a restat back to no vit build if u have been going through a vit build from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Vit helps with mdef and pdef, but strength is something like 10x more effective at increasing physical defense. Considering about 90% of the damage a BM takes is physical, it means adding to strength really reduces the amount of damage we take. Sure we have less hp but we take less damage. Combine that with things dieing quicker and its probably an overall increase in survivability. Not to mention more strength = better paint heals.

The answer is 3 vit, 200 dex (or 203 for Regicide/Windpour) and the rest strength, WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD DECENT REFINES. I was a 3/2 build up to 100, had a bit of trouble with BH 100s like tanking Metal so I restatted 40 into vit, got +5 or +6 on my gear and re-restatted all that vit away. The 40 vit helped but in retrospect the 5-6m I spent on a restat could have just gotten me the refines, lol.

For PvE 8k hp is plenty to do anything in game a BM is expected to do except solo 3-2/3-3. For PvP I can respect vit as being an option, especially in group PvP, but you lose a bit of finishing power. So you may be able to tank their hits better but you may also never be able to kill a decently geared charmed opponent, depending on yours and their refines. I say if you can restat and keep 7.5k hp, go for it.

And honestly, vit-axes were never great for PvE. This was a time when BMs had a job that took 2 seconds out of every 30 seconds of gameplay and were largely useless the rest of the time. I remember 4 hour long 2-3s and FCCs. Btw, back then barbs were tanking with 10-12k hp, lower physical defenses, no marrows, and no self heals. Even paintless 3-vit BMs have more survivability now than barbs did in the vit-axe days, so why shouldn't they tank?

Works for PVE. But... Unless I re-sharded with Sapphires (fail) or JOSD (expensive), I'm still a oneshot for even lame geared mages. Taking vit out and putting into Str is an awesome way to have even less MDef.

Cube MDef neck and warsong MDef belt would help.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2012
    Works for PVE. But... Unless I re-sharded with Sapphires (fail) or JOSD (expensive), I'm still a oneshot for even lame geared mages. Taking vit out and putting into Str is an awesome way to have even less MDef.

Cube MDef neck and warsong MDef belt would help.

Besides other than FC and maybe delta to an extent, where else do u see mobs that do only physical damage at lvl 100? Agree with u Sarra, mdef means alot to BMs, we're easy shots to the magical kind even with magical marrows on. Atleast right now unbuffed i can happily say that i'm not a 1shot to r9 +10 because of my vit.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Vit build = Fail build.

This^ +1b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited April 2012
    r9 +12 JoSD b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sltryder - Lost City
    Sltryder - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    50 vit isn't that much Mdef for BMs yoru better off with 1-2 sapp gems then 50 vit. run with mdef adornds and high refine them and use Jades or Vit stones in your gear.l
  • Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    until im r9 and refined to some lvl i have 60 vit and once i am r9 i will reset most of the vit out and reset my dex to the min lvl for r9 and put everything in my str for my pure axe build
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well arent you set on your future mr lvl 77 bm.
    edit: im actually lvl 97 avatar is messed up