To r9 or not to r9.

ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Blademaster
Hey guys, im in quite the dilemma here and Im going around asking for people's opinion. My main is my BM and this wizard here is my alt that I go to TW with.
I absolutely detest going to TW on my Bm, I just dont find it very enjoyable. I find my wizard TW gameplay more thrilling and I actually look forward to TW on this character every week.

Now my problem is, do I r9 my main or r9 my TW character.
The fact that my BM is my main does not change r9 or not but is it worth getting r9 on a toon I dont plan to TW on. I still do occasional PvP but not as much as my wizard.

A faction mate of mine also said, whats the point of getting r9 on a character I log in maybe once or twice a week. I see his point as well, I was hoping to get some opinions guys :). b:thanks
Post edited by ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    a few pieces for each?
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Would that really be whats best? The weapon is the game changer. My farming capabilities does not allow me to get 2 r9 weapons.
    edited April 2012
    r9 chest,belt and boots for bm? for bm to still be 5 aps. assuming you have a pangu/love up and down
    maybe something like this?
    http://pwcalc.com/a05329ef838af05d
    since your bm is your main that build can be 5 aps sparked with deicides/windpour/regicide/ewwww striking dragons/ g15 fist claw with double int

maybe this for wiz?
    http://pwcalc.com/e7ebca3e75897747

or something you may consider is r8 recast
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Spend the money on R8 recast instead? That's what i'd suggest you do. You can get R8 Recast for both, actually, and probably be happier with the results. Get +defenses and +attack levels on your BM's armor, and go for similar on your wizard.

I hit a similar conundrum on my BM, I don't want R9, but I want something better. So, I'm gonna recast R8 instead.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • rotshreck
    rotshreck Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    R9 the wizard. Period.

If you're only using the BM to PvE, there is really no "need" to R9 the BM. Prior to R9 I did everything perfectly fine without the R9. R9 is practically easy mode.

PvP is where the R9 is really needed/shines. If youre doing all of that on your wizzie - do the wizzie.

-Maelael
    edited April 2012
    op said wizard for tw only.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    R9 is not necessary for PvE, ijs. If you TW on your wizard, then go R9 your wizard. Who cares how much you log the wizard? It's your TW character which makes it your main in my eyes.

There's plenty of R9 barb mains that farm on their G15 zerk dagger sins 5 out of 7 days a week, but they still consider their TW characters their main regardless of how much more they play their sins.

Get some nice fists/claws and make your BM 5aps, that's all you really need for PvE (farming).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited April 2012
    bm is so much fun to play though.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bm is so much fun to play though.

I enjoy my BM in TW as a R9 Support/Tank, but if they aren't going to be using the R9 char in TW it makes it a waste in PvP lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited April 2012
    good point. i guess it all depends on what the op does with their bm. he didnt specifically say his bm was pvp only so i guess it depends on that. if bm is only for pve then full r9 the wiz.
  • FrostWill - Raging Tide
    FrostWill - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Kiwi , as far as i remember ur BM has good gears PvE wise .. would you invest in r9 just to farm nirvana/tt ? i doubt that . since you enjoy your wizard ----> get r9 there !
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    R9 the wiz!

My friend is R8 and can pretty much shred players. Then again, he knows his class pretty darn well. Since you enjoy TW and you do it regularly, shred players better with R9!

Just keep an eye out for archers! (:
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Sasque_Man - Archosaur
    Sasque_Man - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Warrior is only a support for other classes, so eh TT, FB, TW. I say make the rank ninth on the mage as it is a good class of TW and fearless, fun, and its prominence huh MT will be guaranteed a group ...

:)
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:cute bm rank gear makes even crappy as hell veno rank gear look like diamonds ijs.

R9 the wizzy
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena