Assassin PvP/TW Guide

Options
CritCat - Archosaur
CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Assassin
I'm taking a break and might work on it later or tomorrow.

Table of Contents:

1A-Introduction
2A-Assassins and You
3A-Assassin Skills for PvP
4A-Genie Skills and You

Assassin PvP

Heavy Armor Classes:

1B-Barbarian/WereBeast
2B-Barbarian Skills
3B-Countering Barbarians

4B-Blademaster/Warrior
5B-Blademaster Skills
6B-Countering Blademasters

7B-Seekers
8B-Seeker Skills
9B-Countering Seekers

Light Armor Classes:
1C-Archers/Elvenl Archers
2C-Archer Skills
3C-Countering Archers

4C-Assassins
5C-Assassin Skills
6C-Countering Assassins

Arcane Armor Classes:
D1-Clerics/Elven Priests
D2-Cleric Skills
D3-Countering Clerics

D4-Wizards/Mages
D5-Wizard Skills
D6-Countering Wizards

D7-Psychics
D8-Psychic Skills
D9-Countering Psychics

D10-Mystics
D11-Mystic Skills
D12-Countering Mystics

D13-Venomancer/WereFox
D14-Venomancer Skills
D15-Countering Venomancers

Territory War

E1-Assassins and Territory War
E2-What are assassins good for in TW?
E3-What do we do?
E4-Okay, now what?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Sin Build:
pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
Current Wizard Build:
pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
Post edited by CritCat - Archosaur on

Comments

• CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    A1-Introduction
    IF YOU ARE A SAGE SIN WITH R9 JOSD/DOT, GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE. NOW. I HATE YOU.
    Hello! You've stumbled upon the cheeto-stained guide on the PvP Assassin!
    More then likely I bet you might have been roflpwntaps'd to death, and are wanting to roll an assassin for your own intents and purposes. This is a PvP Guide. Please treat it as one.

A2-Assassins and You
    Assassins are built for PvP and PvE. They are the top-notch class for anything on this MMO. Capable of soloing worldbosses at top-gear and level, and killing higher leveled classes and better geared players with mediocre gear. Almost nothing poses a challenge to a skilled assassin in top-notch gear.

A3-Assassin Skills for PvP
    Twin Strike
    This skill is almost useless in PvP. Unless you're skill spamming or something, which I never see it being used. Seriously, low damage output for a low cooldown.

Puncture Wound
    This skill was OKAY back when HP was almost non-existant. It's a 4.5 range skill, allowing you to hit other sins who tackling slash you/Outrange you.

Tide Form
    Turn into a fishy. Ew, I honestly haven't seen a use for this for a long time, unless i'm underwater grinding... or need to move faster.

Slipstream Strike
    This skill looks as if it rocks when you get the sage/demon version. it jumps the attack power by almost 2 times the lv10 version. Here, from the ecatomb site:
    Deals base physical damage plus
    100% of weapon damage plus 2918.1.

This is the level 11 version:
    Deals base physical damage plus
    100% of weapon damage plus 6633.

HeadHunt, at level 10 does:
    100% gear attack and another
    6716.9 physical attack.

My point being it almost rivals a level 10 HeadHunt in raw power, get the sage/demon version of it, looks awesome on paper, and I haven't tried it yet so far.

Raving Slash
    I'll be flat out honest, this skill just doesn't have enough uumph to be useful, I almost never see it being used in PvP, by myself or others. The slow's kinda nice if you don't like fast classes and want to kite.

Shadow Walk
    Oh god, it's this skill, Stealth, the bane of all the 9 other classes. Now you're probably thinking: "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOMEWTF" But stealth is overrated and overused.
    Stealth in general is good for everything. Be careful though, other assassins can still see you and can still attack you if you both are at the same level with the same buffs. You can be removed from stealth by any class using an AoE or stealth detection potion.

Wolf Emblem
    I'll be honest here, this can be so easily used/chained that you can hit like a crazy person on roids. 35+% Crit rate+30% More damage? You're dishing out a ton of damage in a short time. I haven't gotten this sage/demon yet, but they have their perks.

Windpush
    BM just hit Will? Archer triple sparking? No problem! With this neat little skill, you can run like a cheetah, and kite for a short while. Be advised, this doesn't exactly stop stuns, so you'll have to deal with that on your own! Joking aside, this is your general purpose speed-up skill. Moving so you can kite and run away more often than not.

Deep Sting
    I. LOVE. THIS. SKILL. It's so helpful, you can catch wizards mid-channeling, BMs about to throw a roar on you, Hell, it's even fast enough to stop a headhunt from firing from another assassin! The best all-purpose sleep I've used short of cleric sleep. Sage is better than demon for this, because 95% Probability is pretty nice, and cooldowns, in my opinion, allow you to lock a class in midflight over and over.

Focused Mind
    Now we get to the OP buffs that the Assassin has...
    At level 10, this has a 25% Chance to convert any damage, to 1. Very annoying to an enemy when it keeps working and holding up, 1, 1, miss, 1 1, It's a life-saver. Get it, use it, love it. It can't block status effects though...

Knife Throw
    I can't imagine how many people have died to this while they were running. THIS SKILL IS AWESOME AT LEVEL11. If they're almost dead, and they're running, slap them with this, 9/10 times it will hit them and kill them as they're running.

Rib Strike
    This skill works great against APS characters that love locking you and just twitching over and over til you die. Namely, it isn't as effective on archers, but it works.

Shadow Escape
    This skill is amazing. It's one of the reasons all the other classes are so jealous of us. This escape is more powerful than the Shadow Walk skill when it is level 11. You can have 1 more stealth level from this, making it so that only ? Level mobs can see you, you can only come out if you attack, or AoE'd. Other than that, this skill is excellent for everything, and I love it.

Bloodpaint
    This is a PvE skill, if it's not demon, don't use it. demon gives you more evasion but that's almost useless unless you stack it with demon maze steps or something. But other than that, leave this skill shelved for the most part.

Tackling Slash
    This is an awesome skill used for keeping a foe from MOVING. I love it because it allows enough time to triple spark and APS something to death, or keep it locked up and unable to do anything. This skill can be used with Deep Sting to move-lock someone in the air. Sage is better for doing this because of cooldowns and increased immobilize time.

Shadow Jump
    There's 2 instances where this is useful:
    A)A Blademaster or Wizard Blinks away and you need to catch up to them, or
    B)You're immobilized and need to teleport away from someone to a mob or someone else.
    Other than that, it helps a LOT in the air. Don't use this on moving targets, it wastes chi and a cooldown.

Throatcut
    This skill is awesome to use and be used on. There's an advanced tactic you can use with expel to do something awesome, but I'll explain this in an advanced PK tactics section. This is a 4 second seal and can cut through anti stun. It also can be chained with tackling slash to "Stun" an enemy for 4 seconds.

Deaden Nerves
    Another OP buff. This skill allows you to avoid DEATH ITSELF. Any attack that would oneshot/kill you can be avoided and heal back your HP. This is awesome when you're paired with a heiro and can heal back 100% of your HP after being ticked.

Chill of the Deep
    This skill is essential to Chill sins. Full R9+ This skill=DPH Nuker.
    I've pretty much only been killed by skill spamming sins, the APS ones can't really beat me at my own game, and I never use this skill.

Maze Steps
    This skill, I love. It's basically windpush 2.0. It allows you to use Ironguards with it, avoid stuns and immobilizes, and pretty much mow down an opponent before they know what's going on. ESSENTIAL FOR PVP.

Earthen Rift
    I don't really use this unless I'm getting ganked or want to try and oneshot someone. 400% Damage still hurts against arcanes, so don't overlook it.

Rising Dragon Strike
    This skill is awesome when you're down on chi and cornered, it refills 150 chi instantly. It works pretty well with skill spamming or if you're trying to keep someone locked up.

Subsea Strike
    This is another AoE, chained with Earthen Rift, can cause massive damage to a group of people from stealth or otherwise. It basically amps damage to a group by 30% at level 10. But I honestly would rather spend it on headhunt.

Headhunt
    I LOVE THIS SKILL!!!1!!1! Anyways, 5 seconds of pure stun power, and one of the strongest skills an assassin has. I use this very often to lock classes up and APS everything to death. Essential for PvP.

Power Dash
    Okay, for 2 sparks it warps your critical rate into ROFLPWN mode, if's awesome if you need some extra power behind your attacks, or skill spamming and need that one ZerkCrit to win. Back when you could CC, this used to be AWESOME.

Tidal Protection
    Welcome to the world of OP buffs. Namely, Tidal Protection. At level 10, it filters out 50% of all negative debuffs. It's so awesome, nothing can keep you down. Not even THE MAN. Stuns? NOPE. Immobilizes? LOL. Sleeps? HAHA. Get this, love it. It's awesome and ESSENTIAL.

Inner Harmony
    AWWWW YEAAAA, INSTANT 2 SPARKS BOIIIIII, Joking aside, this is an awesome skill. It allows you to chain 2spark combos and allows so much freedom chi-wise.
    I love this skill, I use it so often.

Shadow Teleport
    Oh, wow, Shadow Jump 2.0. This skill is awesome for stopping a target mid-kite or otherwise, I primarily use it in the air to catch people as they're falling and locking them up. Demon version could probably be chained with HeadHunt for a 10 second lockup.
    I like this skill, but the cooldown is very harsh, use it sparingly.

Dagger Devotion
    Do you seriously need me to describe this? More damage=More dead people. Max it out.

Sharp Observer
    Essential for seeing other sins in shadow walk. Get it and max it.

Cat-Like Tread
    Essential for not letting other sins see you in shadow walk/escape. Max it.

Healing Trance
    Get Condensed Thorn first, Seriously. This skill's not worth it.

Condensed Thorn
    This skill has 2 purposes:
    A)Hurting HA classes just a bit more.
    B)Getting through Expel. (I'll explain this later on.)

Spell Cutter
    I quote Skai for the next 4 skills, I don't have the skills yet.
    Spell Cutter: This is a good skill to throw in when your others are on cooldown, but it's only very useful when you have plenty of experience and know when a person is about to channel something. Obvious spells such as Blade Tempest, Mountain Seize, BIDS, and channeling skills such as BoA, Vortex, and BB it'll be easy to use, but in general it's hard to pull of a correct SC to interrupt an opponent.

The good thing about the skill is that it reduces the target's channeling by 30% for 3 seconds, so just throwing it on a caster would be worth it.

The downside to the skill is that it's melee-ranged only. But that shouldn't be a problem if you can maneuver a shadow jump to spell cutter a casting opponent. It's also good to have another guaranteed 100% interrupt, along with Demon Knife Throw.

Blood Frenzy
    Skai: "Blood Frenzy: If you're in a group where you can aoe, or have a target where you can hit hard on, or have a target with bramble on in bramble-enabled areas, then this skill is very useful. In general, when you're about to go in for an attack, this skill pretty much guarantees you to stay alive, as long as you're not locked and can attack others.

20% Bloodpaint is a lot. For myself, I hit on average 3k on an auto attack, and 5-10k+ on skills. That's 600, 1k-2k health gained when BF is active. I have 11k health unbuffed, so healing back 10-20% of my health in one hit is a high survival skill."

Death Chain
    Skai: "Share the Stealth: This skill is VERY useful for getting out of ganks. As soon as you're not locked (Badge/Fortify are a great way of getting out of it) just cast it. It has a total casting and channeling time of 1.9 seconds (.9s channel/1.0s cast), which is faster than the total time of Shadow Escape. Even though it's .2s slower in channeling than SE, it definitely doesn't feel like it. The 1.0s of casting time is such a huge difference vs SE's 2.8 seconds.

It's also a force stealth, so it can copy as another backup to shadow escape. Which to use will always depend on the situation. I find getting out of situations with StS as very easy. As soon as you stealth, you can holy path away in any direction quickly, and by the time it ends, you'll be a good 90 meters away from the epicenter of your cast.

The other thing that's better is that no one will be able to see you for those 5 seconds. Usually shadow escape works, but unless you're 105, a sin of higher level can always be attacking while you're stealthing, and from experience the 2.8 seconds of casting SE is more than enough to get you killed.

The downside is that it does cost a spark, but I haven't found that to be a problem yet, since sins ooze chi."

Share the Stealth
    Quoting Skai, I don't have this skill.
    "Share the Stealth: This skill is VERY useful for getting out of ganks. As soon as you're not locked (Badge/Fortify are a great way of getting out of it) just cast it. It has a total casting and channeling time of 1.9 seconds (.9s channel/1.0s cast), which is faster than the total time of Shadow Escape. Even though it's .2s slower in channeling than SE, it definitely doesn't feel like it. The 1.0s of casting time is such a huge difference vs SE's 2.8 seconds.

It's also a force stealth, so it can copy as another backup to shadow escape. Which to use will always depend on the situation. I find getting out of situations with StS as very easy. As soon as you stealth, you can holy path away in any direction quickly, and by the time it ends, you'll be a good 90 meters away from the epicenter of your cast.

The other thing that's better is that no one will be able to see you for those 5 seconds. Usually shadow escape works, but unless you're 105, a sin of higher level can always be attacking while you're stealthing, and from experience the 2.8 seconds of casting SE is more than enough to get you killed."

The downside is that it does cost a spark, but I haven't found that to be a problem yet, since sins ooze chi.

Spoils of War
    Makes someone drop DQ when they die. I wish it was coins but.... Oh well. Great for looting your friends.

Shadow Sight
    Curious as to what's in your friend's inventory? Look using this skill.
    Pervert.

Toxic Torrent
    DoTs suck on this game with the exception of nix bleed.
    I don't have this skill, someone PM me.

A5-Genie Skills and You
    Okay, I've been a squishy sin for 2 years, with a +5 weapon and I've killed +10 R9 sins with it. And I've killed +5 r8 sins with TT80 H&Ts back when it mattered. How?
    With a genie. I'll outline a few genie skills that I think assassins should/may use when PKing.

Expel
    This skill is awesome. I've survived stealth pops, BM RoarOfThePrideDeicideAPSAPSAPS, Barb Armageddons, and Archer rofl quickshots.
    This Genie skill is essential for surviving other sin stunlocks. Unless they know an advanced technique that I'd say roughly 30-40% of all sins know.

Tangling Mire
    With a decent STR genie, this can effectively HALF an enemy's physical defence. Great for APS,DPH and everything else you can think of. A must-get IMO.

Wind Shield
    Oh god, -.05 APS for 35 genie energy with almost no cooldown? COUNT ME IN! This skill is awesome if you're an APS user and need to hit just a bit faster. I love this skill and have it on my demon AND sage sin.

Extreme Poison
    Well, this warrants a spot in the list, just because amping this with Tangling Mire does seem to work pretty well. 20% more damage is okay, get it if you want, but I believe there's better skills out there to get.

Fortify
    This skill is awesome too. I use it all the time instead of Maze Steps for firing off an IronGuard. If you're good at predicting stuns, this skill is right for you. I like it more than some of the other skills. I recommend it to anyone.

Will Surge
    Okay, honestly, this skill is for one class and one class only:
    Psychics. It cancels out Soul Of Silence and allows you to APS it to death. I also heard somewhere if you have enough Vit in your genie, you can use this in tandem with Expel and have immune to physical damage, canceling out the seal effect.

Frenzy
    I honestly have little experience in using this, but I would recommend using IronGuards with this skill so that you don't get roflpwnt while using it. Single-target wise it's okayish if you're locking them up and need extra power.

Holy Path
    Actually, I've never known a skill that goes well on ANY class. Holy Path is that skill. It's up to you to get it, it's more personal preference than anything. We already have 2 movement speed skills.

Occult Ice
    People will hate you for using this skill, there's almost no counter when you pair this with a high-STR genie with the exception of Badge of Courage and Expel. An extra stun on top of our 2. Get it if you like.

Absolute Domain
    If you can predict attacks, I'd recommend Domain on your genie. That's about all I have to say about this skill. You can use it instead of Expel, but it's 4 seconds if you're immunizing yourself against Physical attacks. , not 5 compared to Expel's 9 seconds at level 10

Bramble Rage
    A devastating weapon in a Chill R9 Sin's Arsenal. Combined with Power Dash, this skill's almost guaranteed to crit. Since it's an AoE, it works well if you're nuking from stealth or whatnot.

Faith
    Honestly, I've almost never seen this used by sins, but it stops all status effects from working on you... at the cost of completely **** your genie over.

EDIT: THIS SKILL PURIFIES. I don't really know much about it's usefulness, but I'm researching it PvP-wise.

Assassin PvP

Heavy Armor Classes:

1B-Barbarians/WereBeasts
    Barbarians used to be the "Bane" of Sins, with such high HP and Physical defence, how are you supposed to beat them? They seem invincible with all that **** that we hate caked on top of them! UGH, SO ANNOYING!

2B-Barbarian Skills
    Here's some skills to watch for:
    Mighty Swing:It has a 50%(60 on demon) to stun you for 4 seconds. The sage version reduces the cooldown by 1 second from 6 to 5. Watch for this skill, because they hurt and not being able to do anything while they're hurting you hurts you more while you're hurting...dawg

Penetrate Armor: If they're hitting you, they're probably gonna cast this on you. It reduces YOUR Physical defence by 30%(45% if sage and 35% if demon.) Owch.

Armageddon: Here, I'll let you find out for yourself:
    Consume all ones Chi, and trade half of all HP and Mana for a massive
    attack to all targets in a range of 12 meters from the caster.
    Inflicts 4000 physical damage. Each point of HP
    and Mana consumed in casting adds an additional 4.0 damage.
    Good news: It costs 2 sparks and roflscrews their charm.
    Bad news: It hurts and IS GOING TO ONESHOT YOU. KEEP DEADEN NERVES UP.
    (Try to AD this or prevent them from using this skill. Avoiding it is difficult to do due to the short casting and channeling time.)

Devour: This skill reduces your Physical defense by HALF for 10 seconds.
    Good news: They can only do this skill in tiger.
    Bad news:They can switch back to human and armageddon you.

Violent Triumph: A barb's antistun, it's 10 seconds and uses 50 chi. You can Throat Cut through anti-stun. Or kite it, It's up to you.

Bestial Rage: Every time you hit them, they get 5 chi. Watch it and Mo Zun's Taunt them accordingly.

Invoke The Spirit:90% Damage reduction for them+50% Speed reduction for them for a full 20 seconds.
    Good news: They just wasted 2 sparks. You can kite this. And they can't go anywhere because YOU'RE NOT HITTING THEM RIGHT? BETTER NOT BE. I SWEAR I'LL DO....SOMETHING.
    Bad news: You can't kill them.

3B-Countering Barbarians
    Okay, First off, KEEP DEADEN NERVES UP AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
    Barbarians aren't too bad with all that armor and HP, you can use Tangling Mire, Condensed Thorn, ANYTHING to reduce that massive Pdef, 40k HP isn't easy to cut through.

Stunlock these guys if you know they don't have a heiro. They will eventually die.

Barbs with a heiro are stupidly hard. It's easier if you triple spark and keep them there. Then again any smart barb is going to try and tank it with a genie skill or invoke.

Keep their defenses down. Barbs are mean't to hit hard and take hits. Without the defense, HP is nothing.

If you're r9 or have a G15 + range dagger, you can tackling slash, move out of range, and aps them or do whatever that you need to do. They can't hit you because you out-range them. It works best if they're in tiger form.

Ending note: Barbs aren't hard. If you can't pass their charm, run to sz or call for backup and kite the living **** out of them. Don't forget you can stealth.

[SI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Final Reservation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    reserved for top comment
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1C-Archers/Elemental Archers

D1-Clerics/Elemental Priests

I thought the PW-MY terms for archers and clerics were elven archers and elven priests. And why are you even including PW-MY terminology at this late date? I'm sure the holdouts on Lost City will understand it if you don't use their favored codewords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I thought the PW-MY terms for archers and clerics were elven archers and elven priests. And why are you even including PW-MY terminology at this late date? I'm sure the holdouts on Lost City will understand it if you don't use their favored codewords.

Correcting that now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, I might add to this if I find I have anything to add to it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, I might add to this if I find I have anything to add to it.

I don't have the 100 skills and I'm missing a few demon skills. :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    May I suggest adding some genie skills and your opinion on them for PvP/TW? (If you never planned on doing it already)
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    May I suggest adding some genie skills and your opinion on them for PvP/TW? (If you never planned on doing it already)

Sure, I'll do that later... lol

Edit: Done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Sayouri_ - Dreamweaver
    Sayouri_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    where's the rest of it :(? b:cry
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My entire BM subsection got cut-off because these fourms don't auto-save and my computer cut off to update Windows one night.

Plus I only have the videos for the Barb/Wizard, so I need about 8 more.

I've never played Mystic/Seeker, so I can't really post about them.

I never had any motivation to keep this up, as I'm sure it would NEVER be sticky'd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just noticed I quoted _Skai_ On the same thing twice for 2 skills. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I see that now. I got Death Chain yesterday, and plan to make the video eventually, and I'll make a comment regarding if Death Chain is useful or not once I experiment with it.

At the moment you have Share the Stealth quoted for DC xD

A thing to edit on StS: With Imperial Fury's update, StS only gives you the same amount of stealth levels as Shadow Walk, so there is a high chance that a sin will still be attacking you while you cast it, but it will be easier to get out of a situation than SE due to its much shorter casting time.

Toxic Torrent is more or less a fan-shaped auto attack that hits all enemies in a fan in front of you at the power of an auto attack. The DoT time is the same as the cooldown, so it can basically give permanent poison to an enemy.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I see that now. I got Death Chain yesterday, and plan to make the video eventually, and I'll make a comment regarding if Death Chain is useful or not once I experiment with it.

At the moment you have Share the Stealth quoted for DC xD

A thing to edit on StS: With Imperial Fury's update, StS only gives you the same amount of stealth levels as Shadow Walk, so there is a high chance that a sin will still be attacking you while you cast it, but it will be easier to get out of a situation than SE due to its much shorter casting time.

Toxic Torrent is more or less a fan-shaped auto attack that hits all enemies in a fan in front of you at the power of an auto attack. The DoT time is the same as the cooldown, so it can basically give permanent poison to an enemy.

Eh, I don't know whether or not to continue this. There is no support and I'd be willing to do a part on a full Rank 9 Sage sin build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Eh, I don't know whether or not to continue this. There is no support and I'd be willing to do a part on a full Rank 9 Sage sin build

:x yeah there's not really that much support anywhere. It also feels like the hype for my videos has started to die down as well, but I still make them regardless because I enjoy doing so.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    :x yeah there's not really that much support anywhere. It also feels like the hype for my videos has started to die down as well, but I still make them regardless because I enjoy doing so.

lol, I make my videos and it's just whatever I want to upload, I may/may not get around to it. If I got a mod's go-ahead for a sticky I'd begin working on it in the morning as my 1st thing, lol.

Eh, I should convert over from Power Director to Vegas. Too lazyyyyy~

Also:
    Luna is best pony. :Xb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Luna is best princess, and Octavia is best pony!
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I remember when my guide was posted (god knows back when) and it was flamed upon.

I still have not released my PvP/TW guide to the public yet, just to my own faction, lol.
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I guess I should critique it... o.o
    Twin strike is a very good skill, even when you aren't skillspamming. It attacks faster than any other skill - i've one quite a few fights with it.

Deep Sting demon is superior because of its reliability, I think. I have tackling slash and demon deep sting and I air-lock fine by looping them. Locked an r9 bm in the air for a minute during group pvp, lol.

You mention nothing about knifethrow's interrupt capabilities.

Earthen rift is good for spike dmg on almost any class. I kill seekers with it skillspamming.

Getting through expel is not advanced - there are a number of problems with using it. You should only use it at the end of a stun, so they can't relock you, or have a specially designed genie (like mine, with fortify).

Extreme poison is a lot more useful than you make it out to be, especially on dex genies. Complements very well with a skillspam sin. Also, it increases the dmg of condensed thorn, technically because it amps elemental dmg.

Fortify is ridiculously awesome.

Will surge can be used against wizzies as well, as well as psy buffs*, not just a psy, obviously. Yes, the expel-will surge is possible, but my genie can barely just do it and it has 90 vit and 75 mag, lol.

Frenzy can be used for 1shotting.

Holy path is necessary for kiting in PK and TW. It increases to maximum speed, even if you are slowed, which maze steps and windpush cannnot achieve. Also, if someone else has it and you don't, you will always be easy to escape from.

Bramble rage and pretty much all the other genie skills that deal damage aren't great. The only one I would warrent is actualy Thunderstorm, which I have hit 11k on a BM in phys marrow.

Faith is great because it purifies almost everything (See Skai's video test). However, it only works well if you have excellent defenses.

You mention nothing about the uses of the three sparks, as well as the added range on certain skills.

On apsing from range (in your barbarian section), they cannot autoattack, but they can and will debuff and send ranged attacks at you. You forget also their anti-fly morai skill.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I guess I should critique it... o.o
    Twin strike is a very good skill, even when you aren't skillspamming. It attacks faster than any other skill - i've one quite a few fights with it.

Deep Sting demon is superior because of its reliability, I think. I have tackling slash and demon deep sting and I air-lock fine by looping them. Locked an r9 bm in the air for a minute during group pvp, lol.

You mention nothing about knifethrow's interrupt capabilities.

Earthen rift is good for spike dmg on almost any class. I kill seekers with it skillspamming.

Getting through expel is not advanced - there are a number of problems with using it. You should only use it at the end of a stun, so they can't relock you, or have a specially designed genie (like mine, with fortify).

Extreme poison is a lot more useful than you make it out to be, especially on dex genies. Complements very well with a skillspam sin. Also, it increases the dmg of condensed thorn, technically because it amps elemental dmg.

Fortify is ridiculously awesome.

Will surge can be used against wizzies as well, as well as psy buffs*, not just a psy, obviously. Yes, the expel-will surge is possible, but my genie can barely just do it and it has 90 vit and 75 mag, lol.

Frenzy can be used for 1shotting.

Holy path is necessary for kiting in PK and TW. It increases to maximum speed, even if you are slowed, which maze steps and windpush cannnot achieve. Also, if someone else has it and you don't, you will always be easy to escape from.

Bramble rage and pretty much all the other genie skills that deal damage aren't great. The only one I would warrent is actualy Thunderstorm, which I have hit 11k on a BM in phys marrow.

Faith is great because it purifies almost everything (See Skai's video test). However, it only works well if you have excellent defenses.

You mention nothing about the uses of the three sparks, as well as the added range on certain skills.

On apsing from range (in your barbarian section), they cannot autoattack, but they can and will debuff and send ranged attacks at you. You forget also their anti-fly morai skill.

you just described my play style
  • Tsyren - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lies
    your playstyle only uses one skill: Summon Harpy Wraith Legion
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lies
    your playstyle only uses one skill: Summon Harpy Wraith Legion

criminy ive been figured out D:
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Something about skill spamming that I could care less about.

Oh it's the guy I thought how to PK to.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

b:laugh you started a hype of making vids, so now we're overloaded with pwi/sin-vids.

Most of those newer vids are more show-off then anything else though. You'll probably stay a reference simply because you make them for your own joy. That's why yours are the only one stickied imo.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:laugh you started a hype of making vids, so now we're overloaded with pwi/sin-vids.

Most of those newer vids are more show-off then anything else though. You'll probably stay a reference simply because you make them for your own joy. That's why yours are the only one stickied imo.

Yeah that's true xD. And well, some of the new ones are also instructional, such as the AEU ones. Well, there's only one right now, but I have the other paths recorded; I just need to edit them xD. I've also received a few PMs in game thanking me for making the full Warsong video, since they didn't understand how to do a full Warsong, and apparently the way mine was done was enough to help them.

As long as there's still content to make videos out of, I'll still make videos. Though I have noticed that I haven't done a PvP video in a while...

Thank you for that Empu. b:pleased
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

yw b:cute There are just to many vids out there now for the only purpose of showing-off it's not even funny anymore. Yours are the only ones I watch actually, because I notice that you make them for yourself 1st.

I had a few ppl pm me, asking if I had (or would make) some vids. But since there is so many already, I just keep it by an explanation b:laugh Besides, recording is a pain since I pretty much always have my barb in squad to speed things up.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah that's true xD. And well, some of the new ones are also instructional, such as the AEU ones. Well, there's only one right now, but I have the other paths recorded; I just need to edit them xD. I've also received a few PMs in game thanking me for making the full Warsong video, since they didn't understand how to do a full Warsong, and apparently the way mine was done was enough to help them.

As long as there's still content to make videos out of, I'll still make videos. Though I have noticed that I haven't done a PvP video in a while...

Flashy as hell PvP video gogogo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah my one sin video is **** gogoogog pvp skai