Ideas for a new Race and Classes: Chaos Element and Spear users

SabraWarsong - Heavens Tear
SabraWarsong - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Suggestion Box
I was thinking about the game systems and some ideas got to my mind:

Chaos/Dark/Death element: The game follows the 5 mythological chinese elements, but there are some references to 6 element system in game: Lunar Glade essences: Flame,Aqua,Earth,Steel,Life and Chaos.
If you trade Wood ( or Metal ) for Life, its let space for a sixth element : Chaos/Death.
Another interpretation could be the 5 elements plus the Taoist Yin/Yang, then the Chaos element could be the Yin ( the ocidental view of Yin , at least ).
The race based on that could be the classic Dark Elves or the Kindred for Forsaken World.

Spear user: The seeker class put a good use to the sword wepons , what were restricted to BM only. There is space for a class what use spears only, something like a Valkirie or a Warden ( like in LoTRO ).

Following my classes ideas:

Necromancer: A magic-user with control of many ( 3-5) weak , but versatile, undeads.
PvE: that undeads could be weak pets, but with meele, arcane and ranged versions.
PvP: Its rise undeads with steal power from dead player enemies, what will make people dont want to that powerful faction member die near a necromancer...

Occultist/Illusionist/Mentalist : A magic-user what control the mind of the enemies.
PvP: mass slow, silent,paralise and mana steal over players.
PvE: Aggro management team buff, making the Foe attack or not attack a certain squad members. Its could confuse mobs too, making then attack themselves.

Vampire: A magic-user, but what uses HP instead MP. Its will need a new weapon class, Vit based , like that cross from Forsaken World. It ll make a like a tank-mage.
PvE: Vampirism >Heal over Time squad buff.
PvP: Its will be really hard to kill a mage how steal your life...

Valkirie/Dark Knight: A melee spear-user class, what summons warriors souls/spirits/shadows to help.
Its could a be a kind of melee/ranged class with skills for both cases.
PvE: The soul/shadows adds DPS and take some aggro from mobs. A buff to improve a squad attributes based on the kind of soul/shadow summoned.
PvP: Something like the inverse of necromancer, its could summon souls from dead allies (with some of theirs skills), making you think twice before kill a strong opponent near a valkirie.

Warden/Hoplite : A melee spear-user class , what use auras/shouts to increse the power of squad.
PvE: The auras will improve squad attributes, and give some Heal/Mana over time. Its could have a ressurect skill too.
PvP: A kind of heavy armored healer, what could break the front lines in TWs.

Thank you for appreciate the ideas and sorry about my poor english.
Post edited by SabraWarsong - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I love the ideas of any new classes, but ("Another interpretation could be the 5 elements plus the Taoist Yin/Yang") another class already uses the yin-yang symbol(Wizards I think), and it could get confusing to other players in some situations. :)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I was thinking about the game systems and some ideas got to my mind:

Chaos/Dark/Death element: The game follows the 5 mythological chinese elements, but there are some references to 6 element system in game: Lunar Glade essences: Flame,Aqua,Earth,Steel,Life and Chaos.
    If you trade Wood ( or Metal ) for Life, its let space for a sixth element : Chaos/Death.
    Another interpretation could be the 5 elements plus the Taoist Yin/Yang, then the Chaos element could be the Yin ( the ocidental view of Yin , at least ).
    The race based on that could be the classic Dark Elves or the Kindred for Forsaken World.

Um... The last time I checked, steel was a metal.
    Necromancer: A magic-user with control of many ( 3-5) weak , but versatile, undeads.
    PvE: that undeads could be weak pets, but with meele, arcane and ranged versions.
    PvP: Its rise undeads with steal power from dead player enemies, what will make people dont want to that powerful faction member die near a necromancer...

Lol no way. 3-5 small randoms hitting on someone and channeling things will be quite hard.
    Occultist/Illusionist/Mentalist : A magic-user what control the mind of the enemies.
    PvE: Aggro management team buff, making the Foe attack or not attack a certain squad members. Its could confuse mobs too, making then attack themselves.

I'm pretty sure Clerics already got the debuffing aspect down with their Seals.

As for the aggro buffs, those are already in the Morai skills for Barbs and Psychics.
    Vampire: A magic-user, but what uses HP instead MP. Its will need a new weapon class, Vit based , like that cross from Forsaken World. It ll make a like a tank-mage.

No, just no. With high vitality and Primevals, you'd end up with a ridiculously high HP character.
    Valkirie/Dark Knight: A melee spear-user class, what summons warriors souls/spirits/shadows to help.
    PvE: The soul/shadows adds DPS and take some aggro from mobs. A buff to improve a squad attributes based on the kind of soul/shadow summoned.
    PvP: Something like the inverse of necromancer, its could summon souls from dead allies (with some of theirs skills), making you think twice before kill a strong opponent near a valkirie.

I think two classes that gets battle pets is already enough, the pet summoning skills in Morai are horrible enough.
    Warden/Hoplite : A melee spear-user class , what use auras/shouts to increse the power of squad.
    PvE: The auras will improve squad attributes, and give some Heal/Mana over time. Its could have a ressurect skill too.

So what would they attack with, if their primary function is buffing and/or healing?

And I really don't think we need any more buffers, the game is easy enough with full buffs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wont quote cuz im lazy as hell.

But a one in squad able to control enemies agro, that would be awesome. But they'd be hated by players who they assign Harpy wraith's aggro, IJS b:surrender

An illusionist, for me is the one able to teleport a random distance in a random direction while creating around 3-4 dull clones, who don't do damage but attacks and use skills and moves like if they did. I know this is much like another game and I know which game you guys thought. But I wanna be a GM and I wont be naming 3rd party games here b:avoid

A guy able to raise corpses from R9 archers? No freaking way. This would outbalance the already unbalanced game. Wanna **** the screwed? GTFO b:angry

Aw, Ill quote... Hold a sec...
    Since they're unnable to deal negative effects and has very very low attack speed and damage based on soulforce (but low) yes, would be usable. Now, raise FULL R9 DoT archers would **** totally da' game, no freaking way. This kinds of 'stratagy' doesn't belong in PW, this 'Gotta watch' overpowerness is senseless in Perfect World's ambient.

Nah, My idea of PvP illusionist was betta... Though PvE is interesting and should be watched. A rule I'd implement would be: You can only increase/decrease aggros in monsters aggro list, but never add a player nor any other target into that list. That would avoid people to troll their afk bretheren.

I don't think this would add much to Perfect World. The guy's skills costs health, but drains health, which nullflies the cost and makes a Damage Deal for no price or a Damage deal at cost of own life, means to ATTACK and KILL your enemy, you gotta lose health to attack and when being attacked. Sounds really annoing at perfect world's ambient where stuns are all around on pvp.

This PvE view is already used by Seeker's angel's of justice. I think...
    The PvP view is totally lunatic and out of Perfect Worlds Environment as said above for another of your suggested classes. Means: Okay kill the squishy but let the strong guy live or else... Means if you kill the strong or if you let him live: You're screwed. No way.

Okay my turn:
    Robert Bobbinsky's Class b:cool
    1st of ALL. This class is most of a Joke, but most of the skills have been thought in a real Perfect Worlds Scenario. I'll write down this class and post here later. For now, get the joke and enjoy :D
    Uh.. I started mixing concept classes here, Ill do em better later on.

Hes like a Caster who mostly combats at melee range. He has around 3-4 teleattacks, one or other ranged attacks and most of its skills are melee. Robert's weapon is... Magic sword, of course.
    Some of his skills:
    Mark of Life: Lays a token to the ground. While this token lives, allows your own to revive at that location when you die. Token lasts for 35 minutes or until its destroyed. Casting a new token will destroy the older one. Token's effect range is 200m, if you get too far it auto-destroys.
    Angled mirror: Buffs your own with a shield which will protect you from the next attack, making all of its damage and effects to be caused on your target. Lasts 30s has 30s cooldown and costs 1 spark.
    Suddenly a Ninja: Robert Bob teleports to target's location and deals damage to a 8m radial area. Reduces targets APS by 85% for 3s. Costs 1 spark.
    Gimme a break, I need a smoke: Deals radial water AoE based on Magical attack, weapon attack and additional damage, makes all targets Invincible, but unnable to move, attack or use potions for 9s and they take Roberts soulforce in water DoT over 9s. Effects aint purgeable nor purify-able. Costs 3 sparks.
    Get outta my sight: Knocks enemy back 40m and freezes it for 6s. Costs 1 spark.
    Come here: Grabs an enemy at 40m range close to you and freezes for 6s. Costs 1 spark.
    Summon Mana Sword: Reduces your Magical Damage by 100% and increases your Physical Attack by 100% ammount of Magical damage lost. Melee attacks will cause metal damage though. Using this skill disables some skills but enables some others. Using it again will disable mana sword. Mana sword skills damage are based on Physical Attack.
    You pissed me off: Stuns, freezes and seals Target for 7.5s, increases all targets resistances but fire by 1000%. Reduces target's fire resistance by 65% and makes all Robert Bob's melee and skills attacks to cause fire damage for 7.5s. Requires Mana Sword and 399 chi.
    Whos the tank nao?: Reduces magical resistances by 65% and increases physical defense by 100% of the magic defense lost. Melee and skill damage are turned into physical but reduced by 50%. Lasts for 15 minutes, cast again to disable.
    Hey gimme that: Has 50% chance to Steal up to 10 of enemies buffs to your own. Costs 2 sparks. Can be used in any stance.
    Lacerate: Deals damage in line between you and target and up to 6m around target. Instantly moves you to your target, has 35% chance to cause bleeding based on soulforce. Requires Mana sword.
    Evil Genius: Knocks enemy into the air up 4.3m from the ground and freezes it for 4s. Costs 150 chi and makes Robert Laugh mad.
    Inner Eruption: Gains 3 spark at cost of reducing own Physical and Magical weapon attack by 80% for 15s. Also decreases own channeling by 25% AND amplifies damage taken by 25%. Player takes 20% of health in damage. Makes Celestial/Demonic eruption enter in a 15s cooldown. 1 minute cooldown.
    Clarify and restart: Purifies all negative ailments on a 12m area. Allies within this area will gain 5 chi per second for the next 7s. 90s cooldown. Costs 1 spark
    Gotta love flipping: Slash enemy with mana sword and deal damage. Each of enemies buffs will have a 25% chance to be flipped. Anti-impairing will be turned into freeze, Flipped attribute increase buffs will turn into attribute decrease debuffs and so on. Doesn't flip Bloodpaint, HP/MP regeneration increased, psychics and assassins self buffs, deflect and some other buffs. Costs 1 spark to cast. 30s cooldown
    You're now a ghost: Remove antistun and antisilence status from target then silences and slows it 75% for 12s, during which the target will have 100% focused mind and tidal protection effects and 10 stealth lvls. Target will have 80% mag&phys attack lowered for 4s afterwards. Can target enemies and alies, can't cast on neutral targets. costs 2 sparks to cast. 90s cooldown and instant.