about Damage per second

13»

Comments

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bennymars wrote: »
    i would like to ask if really the crit rate is included in the formula of damage per second in a melee class?. like seeker,blademaster and barbarian?

it so hard to believe a crit % which is based on chance can be a part of something that happens 100% of the time and not based on chance.

according to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=741822

one of the guy there said that the formula of dps was:

Avg DPS = ((Max damage - Min damage)/2) x (1 + crit rate) x Attack speed

but according to this guide: (its from PW PH, wuxia means blademaster)but its still a Perfect world online game.

http://janelh.wikidot.com/pwtribune:vol12h

her formula in the DPS calculation was:

attack speed = 1/ ans
    to get ans:
    1(baseaspd) - (attack delay) = ans

i already look at the perfect world wiki but there is no DPS calculation but only the APS calculation.

i thank you in advance for your help and for the knowledge that you may share.

I had same formulas in old thread already :
    Increase in damage output for critical hits:
    IncreaseInDamageForCrit=OriginalDamage*(100+CriticalChance)/100

From Critical hit-PWIwiki:
    PWIWiki wrote:
    Critical Hit

A crit is an attack that does more damage than a normal attack. This damage is given as the rage damage multiplier in your char sheet and is 200% for all classes but Assassins who have a skill to get 230% rage damage. Your chance to crit is given in your character sheet and come from equipment, crit buffs, the Rainbow Blessing (cleric-only genie skill) buff, and Dex.

chance to crit = 1 + ( Dex / 20 ) + crit from equipment + crit from buffs

Where ( Dex / 20 ) is rounded down.

crit damage = rage damage * damage inflicted

Examples :
    If you have original damage equal 10k per second, then for critical chance (+crit%) equal to 20%, then increased damage will be 12k per second.
    If you have original damage equal 10k per second, then for critical chance (+crit%) equal to 100%, then increased damage will be 20k per second.
    If you have original damage equal 10k per second, then for critical chance (+crit%) equal to 100%
    and 230% rage damage, then increased damage will be 23k per second.

This is simple.

Also in dps calculation not included -channeling bonus for caster classes, which had been calculated in same thread if you need it.
  • IHunter - Raging Tide
    IHunter - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The OP was concerned with the formula being not accurate because the crit rate is a chance based variable. He should also realise that the Max to Min damage part is also chance based.

In a worst case scenario you could hit 10 times at the min value and not crit once. At the other end of the scale, you could hit 10 times at the max value and crit every time. Depending on the weapon used these outcomes could be very different. Add to that the possibility of Sacrificial Strike doing double damage and there is more variation.

With my modest +2 Calloused Lionheart Hatchets I have PAtk of 4,056-6,989, Crit Rate 21% and attack speed of 1.11/sec. So my 10 minimum hits would be 40,560 damage (over 9 seconds). My 10 max hits that all happen to crit and zerk as well would be 6989 * 2 * 2 * 10 = 279,560. So the possible range is 4,506 to 31,062 dps.

Of course the chance of either of these scenarios is ridiculously low. That is why dps figures are averaged over time. As I don't know the chance of Sacrificial Strike I can't put that into a formula. But if i use (Max+Min)/2 * (1+crit) * AtkRate I get (6,989+4,056)/2 * (1+.21) * 1.11 = 7,424 dps (which is much more likely than the extreme figures above).

The same formula applied to my +10 claws gives 21,763 dps which is why auto attack on them is fine for mobs.

Now add in the effect of triple spark increasing both damage and speed (I'm demon) and the figures change again. And don't forget that even when perma-sparked, there is 3 seconds of standing there just glowing red and not attacking.

So in concusion, the whole game is random and based on averages over ranges. b:victory