Morai skills

Asgardeus - Sanctuary
Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Blademaster
Well, I just got done with aquiring my big skill from corona but I'm unsure which order to join next. Anyone already got Reel In or Flame Tsunami?

I'm kinda drawn towards shroud for reel in but the description makes it sound like it's not as effective and might be player vs player only ._.

Any thoughts about the both skiills?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Asgardeus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Made a thread like that quite a while ago. I think nobody went somewhere else but Corona. Tele stun, which is actually not a stun, is the best choice. I am now aiming for Flame Tsunami for a few reasons : pull to yourself one enemy (a chance for it) is useful only in a few situations. Last resort high damage (highest no chi damage) skill which is AOE with a chance to stun is way more useful. Can be used as a damage spell in pk, can be used in TW as well. My 2 cents
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, I just got done with aquiring my big skill from corona but I'm unsure which order to join next. Anyone already got Reel In or Flame Tsunami?

I'm kinda drawn towards shroud for reel in but the description makes it sound like it's not as effective and might be player vs player only ._.

I will let you know in 5~7 days about flame tsunami once i get it.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I got "Flame Tsunami" and I think, this skill isn't very well. I tryed that skill on cleric (lv. 100+ / channel gear with low phy. def.) and deals a bit more, than an axe's skill. Even with triple spark I didn't one shotted that cleric (with GX axes +5 / non crit), only ~5000 damage it was... And you can use that skill only when ur HP is lower than 40%. Good bonus is: it's 12 metres around AOE and 75% chance to stun for 3 sec. and that doesn't cost any CHI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i got Reel In yesterday, i tested a few times its cool, specially vs ranged users, just the problem its not always success and depend on your and target soulforce, i used on a flying target and works pretty good, used while target was running and lol they cant run they just come to you, but i not sure about this, i used on target with antistun and never success, i need to test a bit more b:bye
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is it like an instant pull or a gradual one? :o And does it look cool? b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Oh well, I ended up joining luminance. Reel In sounds like it's got its uses in pvp but for pve... I think I got enough stuns. b:surrender

Sacrificial aoe for sacrificial me and maybe the G15 axes sounds better :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012

you may be able to set fire to the rain. but spongebob can light a fire underwater.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i got Reel In yesterday, i tested a few times its cool, specially vs ranged users, just the problem its not always success and depend on your and target soulforce, i used on a flying target and works pretty good, used while target was running and lol they cant run they just come to you, but i not sure about this, i used on target with antistun and never success, i need to test a bit more b:bye

Had I known reckless rush wasn't a stun I would've gotten this skill first. This is probably the only decent BM skill from the expansion so far.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Had I known reckless rush wasn't a stun I would've gotten this skill first. This is probably the only decent BM skill from the expansion so far.

QFT.

Ive got two BMs in the faction that went with this instead, but got lazy on their quests.

I'm really curious what this does to a catabarb.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    QFT.

Ive got two BMs in the faction that went with this instead, but got lazy on their quests.

I'm really curious what this does to a catabarb.

I could imagine a similar effect mystics have on them, mystics can knockback cat barbs into towers so their catapults don't hit the crystal directly. A BM would do a direct pull rather than a push, so it would probably be easier for a BM than a mystic to do so, lol.

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I could imagine a similar effect mystics have on them, mystics can knockback cat barbs into towers so their catapults don't hit the crystal directly. A BM would do a direct pull rather than a push, so it would probably be easier for a BM than a mystic to do so, lol.

Yea difference is survival factor in this case. I'm also interested in how it screws with clerics flying - and if you can pull someone into the air and have them fall, thereby causing them not being able cast/attack.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Yea difference is survival factor in this case. I'm also interested in how it screws with clerics flying - and if you can pull someone into the air and have them fall, thereby causing them not being able cast/attack.

I'm sure they could, but it would require a really long range for it to be able to pull them up far enough. Not to mention half damage from air to ground lol. It's probably better off pulling people from air to ground while they are still on their aerogear so the BM does full damage whereas the opponent deals half.

A combo with both the pulling skill and reckless rush would be interesting. Heh.

For example your character reckless rushing 1 opponent for a quick leap, then pulling a kiting opponent into the first opponent into an Archer's barrage and stunning both lols.