**** attempt?

PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
My in game spouse saw me log in for a second then logg off yesterday around lunchtime, his time. At the time I was out riding a horse, nowhere near my computer. There was noone at home at that time, and family do not have my log in details anyway. I have never shared my account info with anyone inside or outside the game. When I logged in later, and was told I had been on, I got suspicious, and changed my password. Toon had not moved, no coin or items were missing.

I ran a virus check, no findings.

I had a look at my email inbox, and found that seemingly official messages from pwi had different mail adresses:

email@email.perfectworld.com
perfectworldinternational@perfectworld.com

So my questions will be:
1. Is there anything else I should do to secure my account?
2. Are both the email senders legitimate, or is one of them trying to get to my account?
3. If yes they are legitimate in question 2, why can't pwi stick to one email adress? Do they have more official adresses I should accept mail from?
Post edited by PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    1. If you're already sure your computer is clean, change your password- make it something strong, and don't tell anyone what it is ("anyone" includes friends, neighbors, family, faction mates, pets (and pet rocks), girl/boyfriends, GMs, People pretending to be GMs... etc).

2.There are a few different email addresses.
    -Password Change emails will come from email@email.perfectworld.com.
    -Messages that are specific to PWI will be from perfectworldinternational@perfectworld.com
    -Support messages will come from customerservice@email.perfectworld.com if you're banned ("Your account ___ has been temporarily suspended for....").
    -If you have a ticket, the email will come from customerservice@perfectworld.com <<<This is the email to use if you need to send a ticket but are unable to (such as if your account is banned, or if you get stuck in a redirect loop (we're investigating this)).

3.These are set up to do separate automated functions. If you get an email that looks suspicious, you can always ask us about it!

If you're concerned about the security of your account, change your pw and send a ticket. The best account protection is a strong password!b:victory
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thank you so much :-)
    I will prompt my spouse for a more precise time of the weird moment when he saw "me" log in, then send a ticket. Password is already changed, and should be rather hard to guess.
  • TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver
    TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    your password is.
    IAmAP4$$wordfieldandnowishalltellyousomenumbersandsymbols73532%$373731^&*^&*$%
    no.