LA BM full nirv set...

Options
issamali
issamali Posts: 24 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Blademaster
Hi all...

I know everyone is completly against an LA BM which is fine...

I have a sin as main lvl 103 atm with this gear..

http://pwcalc.com/57f66c41313c89ad

I am lvling my bm already at lvl 91. currently using full fc green HA set. http://pwcalc.com/5cc919f6444619cb .

I have cube necklace and warsong badge the physical ones because i have a cleric lvl 100 also..

So I was thinking of farming the full nirv set LA I can use on my sin in TW and on my BM in case i needed it, am a farming player I dont cs and with work nowdays not really easy to play and spend alot of time farming new HA set and refine only to be use on my BM... I already have the LA helmet and legs at +10 and have around 300+ cany in bank...

So what do you guys think will it be usefull or completly waste of time and effort?
Keep in mind I inted to use on sin and bm so not only for the BM well more for the sin to not be as squachy as with the aps gear only for TW pvp purpose..

Please advise and comments...
Post edited by issamali on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So basically this (at +10) build you described,right?

For farming it works fine. For pk/tw its got pathetic defenses for a bm.

All I can say is no R8/R9 ring because you could use ring refines for defense boosts. Maybe switch to O'Malleys. You get +10 def from 5 piece vana bonus, which will help.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    whats the point of making a BM?
    It seems you already havea decent farming toon.
    if you want to go full nirvy LA i think rollin an archer would benefit you more.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    cuz its a game and bms are ****ing fun to play?
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because he enjoys playing bms? You know a bm doesnt have to be made with the intent of it being a farmer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    whats the point of making a BM?
    It seems you already havea decent farming toon.
    if you want to go full nirvy LA i think rollin an archer would benefit you more.

I hate this argument.

I hear it for claw barbs "why not just make a bm if you want to aps." Uh, because its two different chars, two different skills sets, different playstyles. Thats kind of like saying to a sin "if you want to go pure dex and full LA, why not make an archer instead."

I hear it for DoT sharded attack based BMs "If all you want is dps you should just make a sin instead." Uhm, no. They're different skills, different playstles, different ways to have fun in a game. And the same gear and build on different characters has different strengths. My BM has almost 10k less hp than my barb but survives some areas much better because of marrows and stuns because even thought its the same gear, same build, its still played differently.

Character goals matter, too. An LA BM for PvE is good enough. I'm not personally crazy about the idea, but if you would find grinding and creating new HA gear for your BM more tedious than its worth and you'd have fun playing LA then go for it. Here's your warning, its not as efficient and is squishy. If you are okay with that and know that, then have fun with what you chose.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I hate this argument.

I hear it for claw barbs "why not just make a bm if you want to aps." Uh, because its two different chars, two different skills sets, different playstyles. Thats kind of like saying to a sin "if you want to go pure dex and full LA, why not make an archer instead."

I hear it for DoT sharded attack based BMs "If all you want is dps you should just make a sin instead." Uhm, no. They're different skills, different playstles, different ways to have fun in a game. And the same gear and build on different characters has different strengths. My BM has almost 10k less hp than my barb but survives some areas much better because of marrows and stuns because even thought its the same gear, same build, its still played differently.

Character goals matter, too. An LA BM for PvE is good enough. I'm not personally crazy about the idea, but if you would find grinding and creating new HA gear for your BM more tedious than its worth and you'd have fun playing LA then go for it. Here's your warning, its not as efficient and is squishy. If you are okay with that and know that, then have fun with what you chose.
    i completely agree with that. i have a sin. started a bm and i like bm wayyy better