Telekinesis

Options
Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Psychic
Telekinesis:
Does base magic damage + 130% weapon damage + 6475 Earth Damage after 12 seconds.

Damage does not show in damage log (as expected of a DoT applied skill). It has its own buff icon and is not overwritten by Earth DoT icon. The damage is uneffected by attack level like a traditional DoT.

Test 1 (Sin with some Armor):
Telekinesis: 3.5k
Spirit Blast 7.4k noncrit

Test 2 (R9 Barb):
Telekinesis, Invoked: 2.5k
Telekinesis, Black Voodoo, Non-Invoked: 2.5k
Telekinesis, White Voodoo, Non-Invoked: 2.6k

Will be doing more tests as today wears on.

Post edited so ppl don't get confused! Attack levels were confusing me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Can it be cast without a weapon equipped? I know 79 and 100 skills can be. If so, should make testing a bit easier, since you can compare damage results with sandball or so.

Also interested to see how spark affects it etc.

Are you testing with your full r9 on? Spirit Blast is gonna benefit from those 100 odd attack levels whereas Telekinesis wont. Wonder if Telekinesis gets Mastery dmg too...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It seems to be right.

I think youd have like 17k base damage? That puts you at like 3k weapon attack. The skill should do..

17000 + 3000*1.25 + 6475 = 27.2 k earth damage

After 75% PVP reduction you get 6.8k pvp damage
    A sin probably has like 4k mres? Thats 50% damage reduction.

6.8 * 0.5 = 3.4k damage ... you got 3.5k

The big issue is that it doesn't benefit from attack levels and can't crit.
    The benefit is that it ignores target defense level and you can likely cast it through IG / AD / Mag Defense Charms. That could hurt a lot with triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    What Astypoo said is correct.

Just tested with her.

Skill also goes through AD/Wings/Immunes and MDef charms.

With triple spark, the damage isn't... staggering, but it does increase considerably (on Asty 5k ish trip sparked r9), but you can cast it from white with no damage loss, which is a plus. As it ignores att/defense levels, expect it to do more traditional damage range on targets with high MDef.

BM unbuffed mdef 3.2k: 3.5k
    BM unbuffed mag marrow mdef 7.7k: 2.2k
    BM unbuffed phys marrow mdef .5k: 5.3k

It cannot be cast without a weapon on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dream2die
    dream2die Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Tested before. If you look at the skill descriptions it should deal more damage then spirit blast. (base magic attack + 100% weapon damage + 2938.5) vs (base magic attack +130% base weapon damage + 6475) for telekinesis.

Tested at regular mobs, pvp and on the 1k mob (damage test) the damage of telekinesis is a lot less then spirit blast.The attacklevels play a part, however even without voodoo on or a blessing on (so 0 attacklevels) spirit blast hits harder (15-20%)
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the information thus far, kinda inclined to go for Psionic Link next over this now.

What's the damage comparison to Spirit Blast with 0 Atk Lvls on a mob?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dream2die wrote: »
    Tested before. If you look at the skill descriptions it should deal more damage then spirit blast. (base magic attack + 100% weapon damage + 2938.5) vs (base magic attack +130% base weapon damage + 6475) for telekinesis.

Tested at regular mobs, pvp and on the 1k mob (damage test) the damage of telekinesis is a lot less then spirit blast.The attacklevels play a part, however even without voodoo on or a blessing on (so 0 attacklevels) spirit blast hits harder (15-20%)

Have you tested with a lvl 1 weapon on or something similar to nullify your weapon's natural damage range? At 0 attack level, Telekinesis should hit harder.

lvl 15 sphere 483 magic 0 att level mob lvl 21 wood mob:
    Spirit Blast - 5.5k 5.7k 5.6k
    Telekinesis - 7.5k 7.4k 7.5k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    quick question does this kill have the same dmg icon as the skill the epsilon mobs have in EU? if so everyone who have ever been in EU will be scared ****less by it
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    quick question does this kill have the same dmg icon as the skill the epsilon mobs have in EU? if so everyone who have ever been in EU will be scared ****less by it

Yes, it does. Even the icon to click is same. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes, it does. Even the icon to click is same. b:avoid

so i was right about those damn mobs b:victoryb:victory, now everyone will run to get purifed when they have it on them or waste apoth on it gonna be so much fun in TWb:sinb:sin
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so, can it be purified?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ahh this explains the lower damage. I got it yesterday and I wanted to do damage test on mob and was very disappointed when it was lower then spirit blast.. Now I don't feel so sorry for 3mil I spent on it. :D
    so, can it be purified?

I wonder about that too.. I will need to test it.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so, can it be purified?

yes, its why ppl want sins or clerics (and pro psys b:cool) to do that part in EU because you need to purify it or die
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This skill is like an additional dmg for the next attacks, fun to use tho
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is a support skill, simple as that.

Trying to kill a cata barb that just turtled? Use it and your other DoTs, try and tick him/get his health down in the meantime.
    Trying to group PVP and you're one of the few non-r9s there? Use it, gtfo of there and keep playing support for teammates while in white voodoo.

Maybe toss it down every so often while fighting a tanky enemy 1v1 or so, just to keep them on their feet, but yeah, I'm sorta surprised people are disappointed with the damage of it. It's not about the damage, it's about the unique ways you can utilize it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Syfo - Dreamweaver
    Syfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so, can it be purified?

Yai tested it out and it can be purified,
    so unlike some skills like soulburn
    telekinesis can be purified.

the thing i didnt like is waiting 12 secs for the dmg to hit target,
    usually for me, by the time the 12 secs are over mob is already dead.
    Its some what useful on bosses and in TW
    and does the most dmg if you triple spark
    before it goes off.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is it affected by any damage amp debuffs?

If so, should the target be amped when the debuff is first applied or at the moment the damage actually hits?

I suspect that it only matters when the debuff is applied, but you never know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is it affected by any damage amp debuffs?

If so, should the target be amped when the debuff is first applied or at the moment the damage actually hits?

I suspect that it only matters when the debuff is applied, but you never know...

Tested yesterday during TW--Yes, it does. Veno in my squad amped when I first applied the effect, and the damage increased during damage impact.

.....now if only I could hurry up and get Spirit Phalanax.... >.>
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • BlackMorder - Raging Tide
    BlackMorder - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Weak against psys cause can be purified, but good debuff/damage on other classes.
    Specially when it can cross shields.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I vote we offically change telekinesis's name to future sight, who with me??
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I vote we offically change telekinesis's name to future sight, who with me??

:Agrees:
    Psychic used Future Sight! Psychic foresaw an attack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The one odd thing about this....

It claims to deal more damage than it actually does. From the description you'd expect slightly more damage than Spirit Blast, but damage tests produce slightly less damage than Spirit blast.

Wonder what that's all about...Description must be off or the actual skill is bugged. Maybe someone entered 130% weapon damage when they meant 30?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe as a passive damage skill, it doesn't benefit from the 20/25% earth mastery bonus.

Edit: And our attack levels don't benefit it either. So that's potentially 2 sources of damage boost Spirit Blast gets that Telekinesis doesn't.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options

It claims to deal more damage than it actually does. From the description you'd expect slightly more damage than Spirit Blast, but damage tests produce slightly less damage than Spirit blast.

Wonder what that's all about...Description must be off or the actual skill is bugged. Maybe someone entered 130% weapon damage when they meant 30?

With a lvl 1 weapon, 0 attack level, it consistently out DDs Spirit Blast by almost two fold. I explain this discrepancy in the first page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I realize this is a long shot, but did you forget to remove jones?

I think the skill would be much more useful if the wait was only like 6 seconds. As it is now it's longer than a charm cooldown which means you can't even combo it with the other dots to finish off barbs who like to use crutch invokes. There's diminished, but I feel empowered is more useful and much more commonly used. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Posting because I can b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I realize this is a long shot, but did you forget to remove jones?

I think the skill would be much more useful if the wait was only like 6 seconds. As it is now it's longer than a charm cooldown which means you can't even combo it with the other dots to finish off barbs who like to use crutch invokes. There's diminished, but I feel empowered is more useful and much more commonly used. :<

Diminished vigor is used a lot more than emp in 1v1 with endgame gear, far as group pvp goes, things get pretty much even between the two since it depends on the situation. As for the Telekinesis thing - the wait time is actually good because you can i.e. cast it on a barb, nuke him down till his charm ticks, then go for 2nd round of nuking along with your normal DoTs and that time barb will be forced to turtle, be left on 2-5k hp as usual and the DoTs+telekinesis will help you kill him before his next charm tick. This is just theorycrafting, haven't tested it but this is pretty much the principle, you get the timing down and estimate when it's gonna be nasty for that telekinesis to hit your target.

In general it's always good to have that additional DoT to put pressure on a tanky target - ppl are just usually used to muscling their way out of every situation, completely forgetting they can do combos if needed as opposed to spamming few keys and killing everything around them - which is perfectly normal, as long as money dictates the food chain we won't really see much of elaborate play or thought put into the game from most players.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Damage does not show in damage log (as expected of a DoT applied skill). It has its own buff icon and is not overwritten by Earth DoT icon. The damage is uneffected by attack level like a traditional DoT.

Would just like to note that Telekinesis is NOT a DoT skill as it is not constantly effecting damage and cannot be purified, instead it is a DELAYED attack due to the fact it attacks the foe a while after being casted, cannot be purified either, amazing for popping sins out of stealth in PvP and TWb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have been hearing experiences from BMs and other classes of a certain Psy Dmg skill which goes thru AD and IG. (Not talking about Soulburn here as you cant cast it over ad or IG, or can u?)

Is this skill the telekinesis skill being discussed here? Or are there some other options?
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have been hearing experiences from BMs and other classes of a certain Psy Dmg skill which goes thru AD and IG. (Not talking about Soulburn here as you cant cast it over ad or IG, or can u?)

Is this skill the telekinesis skill being discussed here? Or are there some other options?

You can cast soulburn over AD, but not over IG. If you cast soulburn before ig, it obv. deals dmg through ig.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.