How long does/did it take to download Perfect world

fayeisreesmee
fayeisreesmee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok im about to start downloading it and i wanna know how long it took or how long it takes to download this game im really excited and i want to know :) (Btw i have a fast computer) Plus what creatures can you be in the games ( I wanna be a mermaid.b:pleased
Re
Post edited by fayeisreesmee on

Comments

• Garmalak - Archosaur
    Garmalak - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    From 2 to 23 hours. And you can't be a mermaid, you can be a humanoid with gills/tideborn.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Here is info on all the races http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/race/earthguard
    Here is info on all the classes http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/class/archer
    Download took me about 14 hours but my broadband is slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Even with great broadband it takes a while as the game is rather huge. It's best to use Torrent instead of PWI's installer.
  • Garmalak - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    You can always resume download at any time, I say Installer over Peers 2 Peers.
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I wanna be a mermaid.b:pleased
    And you can't be a mermaid, you can be a humanoid with gills/tideborn.

As a Tideborn when you are meditating you turn into a Mermaid form and also when you are swimming and use your fish form skill you become Mermaid form.

You can not maintain this form while walking on land though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luvwolvesx3
    luvwolvesx3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok im about to start downloading it and i wanna know how long it took or how long it takes to download this game im really excited and i want to know :) (Btw i have a fast computer) Plus what creatures can you be in the games ( I wanna be a mermaid.b:pleased

I have been waiting 2 days for it to download *sigh* it's 10:50 PM and still no download complete. It takes a while for Pando Media Player or something to install and then the REAL download begins. Overall I looked at many reviews all saying how great the game is,
    I get slighty angry and can't think because of how long it takes! b:angry Try looking at Game Info to find out most things about the game or check out more forms. b:victory!!!

P.S very eager to play game too!!!!!!And I'm using laptop to do all this,It's FAST!

-LuvWolvesx3 b:avoid
  • luvwolvesx3
    edited March 2012
    and I, HIGHLY recommend direct download because you can do it all in one download It may take a while but it's worth it ^ ^ b:sweat , and b:shocked
  • Garmalak - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    I really don't see why It takes days for most people...

I have an old Radeon Video Card and Windows XP and it took no more than 4 hours to download.
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012

My guess is 2-3 hours. And tideborn, psys and sins, can turn into a mermaid when in water at like level 7 I think.
    <3 b:cute
  • luvwolvesx3
    edited April 2012
    I belive it got jammed and didn't work properly so It took a long time to install Pando and the laptop shuts down every ten minutes so I know now why it takes so long,I just can't be there for the laptop all the time.

-LuvWolvesx3 b:avoid
  • knowthyselfa
    knowthyselfa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Based on some of the others, I guess I was lucky. Took me just under 45 minutes. Granted, I do have relatively fast broadband (50MPS).
  • Llamue - Dreamweaver
    Llamue - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My download took 2hrs max prolly more like 1:15min. I don't know the dynamics of downloading reasons for some to get fast and others slow but I have a new router. I used installer not torrent. Strangely game downloaded even faster to my roommate's slow XP than to my superfast Vista.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Ussta chi zhah jatha'ur taga dossta!
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It all depends, on the OS you use, download speed, when you downloaded it, expansions make it take longer.
    <3 b:cute