HELP me please

asianbannana
asianbannana Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Ok so pwi support takes quite a while to get back :c

And basically i dunno what i did. First a virus hit me while playing mid game. Then it corrupted my element file (i think) i tried deleting everything and redownload+ install. But the corrupted element file wont delete (when i try it says need admisistrators permission. I am the admin and when i approve it just keeps saying try again)

So basically i dont have the .pck files or i dont really have any pwi files. I kinda deleted everything and tried to over write the files. So after download it closes and then something opens up saying a bunche of characters and somewhere in the characters it says [Configs.pck] Id like help but i can barely explain this :/

Please HELP me b:beg
Post edited by asianbannana on

Comments

• asianbannana
    edited March 2012
    Ok sorry but i realized in my files i checked. In perfect world international > element > it says i have a bunch of .pck files but i dont think the pwi installer is picking them up. Tbh i dont even know what in the hell i am saying (if its right or wrong) Please help someone :/
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    1. Go to the Avira website and download their Rescue System CD Image.

2. Burn the .iso file to a disk. (If you don't have software for that, try this version.)

3. Reboot your Computer and boot off of the CD you just burned.

4. Let it scan your entire system and fix it.

5. Boot back into Windows.

6. Install a good antivirus. (Avira is good for free, but the popup ads annoy me. Pay a little and get BitDefender. It has the best overall detection with minimal impact on system performance.)

7. Re-download the client. (Personally, I recommend the torrent method. Direct download is NOT Direct and the Pando Media Booster is invasive. Not to mention the installer there is broken.)

8. After the client is downloaded, temporarily disable your internet connection and turn off the real-time scan for your antivirus software.

9. Install the client.

10. Add the client directory to the antivirus software exception lists for real-time and scheduled scans.

11. Re-enable your internet.

12. Download the manual patches. (Don't do any other internet activity while you are unprotected.)

13. Disable your internet.

14. Install the manual patches.

15. Re-enable your real-time scan and turn your internet back on.

16. Enjoy.

You will probably want to scan your system for errors at some point and test Windows for missing system files using SFC checker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asianbannana
    edited March 2012
    Hey is there any way i can do this without a disc? Or is there a way i can just get back onto pwi? Im getting an antivirus soon so it should be fine. Thanks for the help :)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    That's the best way to clean your system. It sounds like you're already infected pretty good, and once that happens, running something from Windows just doesn't get it fixed anymore. Your only option to truly clean and repair your system is with that CD. Sure you can try other stuff, but it's not going to be as effective, or may not work at all depending on the viruses you have and how deep they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asianbannana
    edited March 2012
    tyvm i dunno how to say it in words. But clearly i wasted about 20gb redownloading thru frusturation. But thanks it works now. Also tyvm for the anti virus.