noob psychic question

Gay_Priest - Raging Tide
Gay_Priest - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Psychic
I notice the details of a Psychic's skill is different from that of the other magic classes I've played.

So how exactly do I do what my gear attack figure is ? is it the same as my magic attack figure or a combination of magic attack and soul force ?
Post edited by Gay_Priest - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Andrewhall - Raging Tide
    Andrewhall - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    confused about what your mean.
    what skills are your struggling with?
  • Psychel - Dreamweaver
    Psychel - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I notice the details of a Psychic's skill is different from that of the other magic classes I've played.

So how exactly do I do what my gear attack figure is ? is it the same as my magic attack figure or a combination of magic attack and soul force ?

You might have been meaning the Skills that requires or uses Soulforce to work. The difference between psys and other arcane classes is that psys uses Soulforce for almost half our entire skill set (including Morai Skills now), while the rest of our skill works like normal skills of arcane classes, with added debuffs here and there.

Your weapon will determine the base magic attack power, while when casting your non-soulforce skills, these skills does your base magic attack + % of your weaponary base attack + Skill add on damage.

Spells that requires Soulforce, or uses Soulforce as attack power, Such as Soulburn, Soul of Vengeance, Soul of Retaliation, Soul of silence etc. , these skills will not use your based magic attack, neither will they use your weaponary base attack. Rather, they will use your Stat "Soulforce" to damage the opponents. This is quite a special stat that originally belongs only to psychics (now Devs gave them to other toons b:angry), which affects all these skills that requires Soulforce, from chance of sealing to dealing damage back to Dealing damage upon opponent attacking or healing. Spells utilising Soulforce usually are physical damage, and they usually do fixed damage. As you lvl, refine your equips, your soulforce will increase thus giving higher damage output and chance of success output, and will not increase further with your based magic attack or weapon's magic attack, neither will soulforce get decreased from any debuffs or anything else other than removing your equips or shattering of your gears.

So in all, spells that uses Soulforce don't use your weapon or base magic attack powers (excluding red Tide, the 2 spark AOE water nuking spell that uses Souforce to bleed the oppoent), and the opposite for spells that don't use soulforce. Gear attack figure have nothing to do with soulforce, other than refinements. Weapon attack figure does increase your base magic attack. But, no combinations of base magic attack with soulforce or weapon attack figure with soulforce.

Hope that clears your misunderstanding :)

and sorry for my wall of text... take my 2 cents b:bye
    Wow, I see you... Now you don't... isn't that trolling? b:shutup
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Weapon Attack/Damage - the Sum of your Weapon + Ring attack bonuses (a random integer in this range)

Base Magic Attack - If you open C, the number range you see next to Magic Attack (a random integer in this range)

Soulforce - Arbitrary number representing the sum of your refines and levels.

Stone Smasher says "gear's magical attack". This is your Weapon Attack, PWI is just being nubbly again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]