i dont know where to put this but

Kastus - Raging Tide
Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
THIS HAPPENED TO ME THE SECOND TIME I BOUGHT A NEW CHARM TO REPLACE MY OLD ONE AND WHEN MY OLD CHARM FINISHED

MY NEW CHARM SUDDENLY HAS 76K LEFT how is this even possible QQ

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff437/Kastus007/2012-03-2705-09-35.jpg

i submitted a ticket but i guess if u havent CS's more that 10k$ they wont give a damn pls fwankie do something about this D:
youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
Post edited by Kastus - Raging Tide on

Comments

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Did you buy this from the boutique or from a cat shop? Some people are getting scammed with people selling partially or mostly used charms. There is some kind of workaround going around.
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    i bought from a catshop but when i bought it had 1.2m in it im sooooooooooo lost :c

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    There have been shops on each server selling used charms like that. x_x
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    bump
    xD

• CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    OUCH. kastus got scammed? what next?

i would have got scammed too. i "assumed" that charms cant be removed and only disappear when they are used up.

Now here is my question:

HOW DO YOU GET A HALF USED CHARM OFF YOUR CHARACTER???

is this some **** like the stacks of dq random pigs mixed with boutique ones? or the old jones trick?
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wondering if i missed something, can you unequip your charm now?
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Wondering if i missed something, can you unequip your charm now?

There has always been a way yes. Not without the use of third party programs though.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i submitted a ticket but i guess if u havent CS's more that 10k$ they wont give a damn pls fwankie do something about this D:

If you submmited a ticket it will definitely get answered, it just might take more than 3 to 5 business days.

Did you purchase a charm from the Boutique, or from a Cat shop?
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    HOW DO YOU GET A HALF USED CHARM OFF YOUR CHARACTER???

You can replace an equipped charm by equipping another charm - I'm guessing they have a cheap low level bronze charm that they replace the plat charm with once it's almost run out.

To the OP - sounds like you got scammed by one of those catshops. Badluck with that, it does suck, but if it's the case there is nothing you can do about it as you got what was in the shop. All you can do about it is make sure it doesn't happen again I guess
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    If you submmited a ticket it will definitely get answered, it just might take more than 3 to 5 business days.

i got it from a cat shop but it clearly said it had 1.2m in itb:cry

the first time it happened to me i equipped a new charm i saw myself it had 1.2m and it ticked like 900k of when i used it in front of holeen? u want me to post here the support teams first answer to my ticket?

-removed-
    8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

this must be investigated if it is indeed a scam because it clearly doesnt show that the charm was used i did tend to becareful from the first time it happened to me but meh
    b:cry what a reward for leveling to 104

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That tec reply is muther****ing classic pwi.

Lawl.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    THIS HAPPENED TO ME THE SECOND TIME I BOUGHT A NEW CHARM TO REPLACE MY OLD ONE AND WHEN MY OLD CHARM FINISHED

MY NEW CHARM SUDDENLY HAS 76K LEFT how is this even possible QQ

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff437/Kastus007/2012-03-2705-09-35.jpg

for starters, clear your inventory first before complaining. It is likely that it replaced the old one due to lack of space.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    for starters, clear your inventory first before complaining. It is likely that it replaced the old one due to lack of space.

LOL what? I agree that his inventory is a mess but um his charm disappeared and he wanted to replace it... He still has about 4-5 spaces left so that isn't the problem here.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is a serious bug/glitch PWI should fix this asap
    (Not saying that it should also punish who abused this because we all known that's not gonna happen)
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    that sucks about the charm, what im confused on is did they change it so that if u equip a new charm over an existing one they switch places??? as in the used one goes in ur inventory....cuz as far as i knew if u equipped a new charm over an existing one it would erase the charm that was equipped to allow the new one to be equipped....
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    that sucks about the charm, what im confused on is did they change it so that if u equip a new charm over an existing one they switch places??? as in the used one goes in ur inventory....cuz as far as i knew if u equipped a new charm over an existing one it would erase the charm that was equipped to allow the new one to be equipped....

There is a glitch where under a certain set of circumstances the old charm is not destroyed but instead returns to your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012

C'mon, he only had two real posts on the first page, not that hard to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012

8D sorry i was in the middle of steelation 3-3 when this happened hence the dq and all the ****

if u see my inventory now wait till u see my bank xD

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    if you put in a new charm, the old one disappears....so how can you prevent that and have it in your pack and sell it? never heard of such a thing.

though it would be nice to be able to unequip or somehow stop the use of the charm sometimes

You can replace an equipped charm by equipping another charm - I'm guessing they have a cheap low level bronze charm that they replace the plat charm with once it's almost run out.

To the OP - sounds like you got scammed by one of those catshops. Badluck with that, it does suck, but if it's the case there is nothing you can do about it as you got what was in the shop. All you can do about it is make sure it doesn't happen again I guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    2nd rule about exploits people!

If you found an exploit, don't try to hurt anybody with it, because then nobody gets to enjoy it. They're going to fix this, then no one is ever going to get to take off their charm ever again.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Probably not the end of it since the glitch has been in the game since beginning or since charms were first introduced, I don't remember if they were there at the start or not b:surrender but then I started playing right around the genie expansion.

But I've seen people trying to sell used up charms before in catshops it's nothing new it's just unforunate that this poor guy fell for the scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:surrender
  • ParadoxBG - Lost City
    ParadoxBG - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The unbinding bug is well known for those who want to know it... There is a way to unbind gear too.
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm more interested in the weird flower quest and odd squares in his inv XD (they are new, and show things that aren't durable, so will expire, but those just seem to be hovering...)
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm more interested in the weird flower quest and odd squares in his inv XD (they are new, and show things that aren't durable, so will expire, but those just seem to be hovering...)

I hadn't noticed that but.... I just had that quest on my lvl 4x mystic. o.O OP still doing 4x quests at his level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Happens when you play in widescreen mode. The timed items glowing outline seem to glitch for some reason. Notice the box it right about the jones blessing and the timed fashion pack.
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I hadn't noticed that but.... I just had that quest on my lvl 4x mystic. o.O OP still doing 4x quests at his level?

i left some quests because i was too lazy when i was low level and i didnt have pro wings and didnt even bother walking all over pangu to get them done i now do them on my spare time after every fc b:laugh

• Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    UPDATE

i got a response from support

asking a question FOR MY QUESTION

and stating that THERE IS INDEED A SCAM GOING AROUND

and still didnt get my charm ._. b:cryb:cry starting to really lose faith

and my ticket submission hasnt even reach 10!!!

this is your glitch guys fix it or give me a new charm b:sad

• CuteEmily - Heavens Tear
    CuteEmily - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, you could see what you were buying, so don't blame PWI. Next time:
    1. Learn from this experience and check how much HP is left on a charm before buying it
    2. Take a screenshot of a scammer so that they get banned (hopefully)

And please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against you. I got scammed on warsong essence lv9 the same way (well, the money lost was much less but still). I just from then on checked how much exp there was every time.