HD Textures?

Options
psumiku
psumiku Posts: 58 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
When do you think Perfect World will get High-Definition Textures?
Post edited by psumiku on

Comments

• BlissherFX - Harshlands
    BlissherFX - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    psumiku wrote: »
    When do you think Perfect World will get High-Definition Textures?

If it ever comes it will be a HD-Texture Pack for 100G in the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Never.

The game is far too old for such a massive graphical overhaul. There's a good portion of the playerbase who are playing on older computers for various reasons, e.g. merchanting or not being able to afford a recent PC. Suddenly upgrading the graphics of the game to a point where you'd have to have a PC that is no more than 2-3 years old at best would pretty much cause an outrage and tons of people would quit because they simply wouldn't be able to play anymore.

Also, the game is F2P, so motivation for such a major overhaul is low, not to mention it'd be a stupid move due to the aforementioned issue. Also, graphics are mostly useful in luring in new players, but with the reputation the game has I doubt even a massive graphical overhaul could bring significant amounts of players to the game.

And even if they did it, it wouldn't be as pretty as some of the commercial high end games. After all, take a freaking look at all the graphical glitches we have here: fashion randomly disappearing in water, stealth looking funky, certain hair styles and fashions clipping through each other, etc.

If anything, it'd be much simpler to just make a who new game altogether.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • psumiku
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Then why not allow people to mod at least the textures?
  • Agorey - Harshlands
    Agorey - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Also, the game is F2P

i agree with everything but this. This game banks for being a FREE 2 PLAY.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I tried it on a private server, but it really bogs the client down on slower systems.
    Too many people currently play on long outdated systems, (as we discovered with the last major update). Imagine what would happen if you needed a system that was more than marginal 6 years ago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psumiku
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I tried it on a private server, but it really bogs the client down on slower systems.
    Too many people currently play on long outdated systems, (as we discovered with the last major update). Imagine what would happen if you needed a system that was more than marginal 6 years ago?

You should have the server not cache the textures itself and distribute to the users. But instead, have the users download the cache, and have the client load the cache itself. This also relieves a ton of stress when loading other players. I know ping times are also a good thing to look at, but first try to cache everything.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yea, they are probably better off releasing Perfect World 2. My new computer fresh from the factory couldnt even run this game at max settings. Of course, it used an integrated card. But most factory PCs are integrated.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yea, they are probably better off releasing Perfect World 2. My new computer fresh from the factory couldnt even run this game at max settings. Of course, it used an integrated card. But most factory PCs are integrated.

I was seriously thinking about create a topic asking if they have interest in release a PW2, since this game once was called the "WOW of China".
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This game still looks good for the age so yea..
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )