[Attention] LF > Goon Glitch update from PWE Staff

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If this thread gets locked/closed when we haven't been given a response I'll make another one.

I want an update on this matter just as much as you do, but if we are required to close this topic, and you open a new one, we will be required to close that one as well since we don't allow reposting of locked topics.

Keep this topic how it's going now, and there won't be any need to lock it in the near future.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I want an update on this matter just as much as you do, but if we are required to close this topic, and you open a new one, we will be required to close that one as well since we don't allow reposting of locked topics.

Keep this topic how it's going now, and there won't be any need to lock it in the near future.

What if another player makes the same topic asking for answers? Especially if the thread was locked due to "unnecessary locking"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I'd make another xd
    Seriously, there is no reason what so ever to close it untill a GM replys.
    Or can you just close threads for no reason now to? LoL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Technically speaking if a topic was locked, even if the community doesn't think there was a valid reason, there likely to have been at least one. We'll never lock a topic out of a whim, and most of the time (at least myself) we'll look into just cleaning it up or consult with Frankie if he's available. So the answer to that is if a topic is locked, then no, no one should reopen it.

We're leaving this topic be because we were asked to by Frankie himself. Like I previously mentioned he's waiting on an answer in order to post it here, it's not all his decisions and he can't release a statement without having all the information regarding the glitch and the offenders.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is why mods should be given a "mute gun"... Must be a hellish job being a mod with this community... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Soon....
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Technically speaking if a topic was locked, even if the community doesn't think there was a valid reason, there likely to have been at least one. We'll never lock a topic out of a whim, and most of the time (at least myself) we'll look into just cleaning it up or consult with Frankie if he's available. So the answer to that is if a topic is locked, then no, no one should reopen it.

We're leaving this topic be because we were asked to by Frankie himself. Like I previously mentioned he's waiting on an answer in order to post it here, it's not all his decisions and he can't release a statement without having all the information regarding the glitch and the offenders.

Well, we have been waiting for over 45 days, and over 3 months if you count from the time this was brouhgt up the first time b:lipcurl

And who would possibly Frankie wait for an answer from,
    Som native dude speaking an unkown language in Kongo?
    sure as hell it doesnt take more than 40 days....b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, we have been waiting for over 45 days, and over 3 months if you count from the time this was brouhgt up the first time b:lipcurl

And who would possibly Frankie wait for an answer from,
    Som native dude speaking an unkown language in Kongo?
    sure as hell it doesnt take more than 40 days....b:lipcurl

Maybe someone is really actually analyzing the logs and they have a ton of data to sort through?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Maybe someone is really actually analyzing the logs and they have a ton of data to sort through?b:shocked

Well that shouldnt still take more than a week anyway.b:lipcurl
    unless its a blind guy with 1 arm and down's syndrome doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well that shouldnt still take more than a week anyway.b:lipcurl
    unless its a blind guy with 1 arm and down's syndrome doing it.

If PWE actually was getting someone to analyze the logs, I wouldn't put it past them to try to save money by hiring someone like that. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sachimi - Sanctuary
    Sachimi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just use the ticketing system if you want an answer and not the general section as the rules suggest. - If mods don't want to close this thread just move it to "lower depth"..
    edited April 2012
    Just use the ticketing system if you want an answer and not the general section as the rules suggest. - If mods don't want to close this thread just move it to "lower depth"..

Yes, because everyone had a great experience with PWi's ticketing system. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yes, because everyone had a great experience with PWi's ticketing system. b:chuckle

You know, although I got some weird responses sometimes, I always had my issue fixed. So it can't be that bad.

Curious for that official statement. Although I probably know none of the 'worst offenders'. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    In all honestly, for this type of issue, ticketing would only get you a vague response. The only reason why I took the ticketing system negatively because my first and only time using it was pretty negative. Plus you hear stories of other players saying that their issue/questions weren't even addressed correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    True. But then again PWE has a policy to not disclose any information about bans unless its your own. b:surrender

And people talk a lot. Especially this forum community likes to down talk everything and make it look negative. So I don't really care unless I saw it with my own eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Does pwi even have gm's?

They have proven multiple times on forum that they do not give a ***. So hoping on things to happen is a waste of your time.

As for their ticketing service. Apparently its very easy to get people banned through it. Heard about bans which were unjust. And the times i used tickets it appeated they never played pw because they were clueless about gameplay and were unaware of the excistence of the earthguard race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Day 48 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Tickets have always been a bit repetitive and frustrating for me, but I always did eventually get the problem resolved satisfactorily. It's important to be polite but persistent. A ticket isn't the best way to address this issue though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just wanted to join in and say thank you for keeping this issue alive. You're not the only one who wants PWI to answer, and to hold themselves to account.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Bump, and still waitin'..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Day 49 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
  • nothinaa
    nothinaa Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    WTF lol how has a mod not closed this troll thread?

It's so pathetic the mods don't know how to do their jobs and moderate the damn forums. Seriously how pathetic is that this QQ fest was allowed to fester for so long when it should have been closed on PAGE 1.

I think we need some new moderators that aren't afraid to do their job. It's ridiculous how much pathetic whiny complaint threads demanding GM attention there are.
    NOTE: Threads Directed to Perfect World Staff Members

The forums are not the place for you to address your inquiry to PW Staff Members. Any and all inquiries should be made through our ticketing system. Before contacting customer support, please use the search function and look through our FAQs located in the Support section of our website for account and billing related inquiries. A general FAQ regarding gameplay can be accessed from the main page.

If you feel the need to report a user for suspicious behavior or for violating the Terms of Use, please use the in-game reporting function or the ticketing system and file a report.
    18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.
    11. No power-posting, spamming, bumping and/or flaming.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    nothinaa wrote: »
    WTF lol how has a mod not closed this troll thread?

It's so pathetic the mods don't know how to do their jobs and moderate the damn forums. Seriously how pathetic is that this QQ fest was allowed to fester for so long when it should have been closed on PAGE 1.

I think we need some new moderators that aren't afraid to do their job. It's ridiculous how much pathetic whiny complaint threads demanding GM attention there are.

if you had bothered to read you would have seen

what was that about the mods not doing their jobs?
  • nothinaa
    edited April 2012
    Gasp frankie isn't doing his job either?!?!?! Big surprise there lol.

There has been nothing but QQ demanding GM action from dedicated forum trolls like tremble. It's 100% against forums rules but the mods and frankie don't care to enforce rules.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    nothinaa, I think you need to take a deep breathe and realize that there are exceptions to everything. As I previously stated Frankie himself has instructed us to leave this topic open while he prepares the response for this situation.

As you for, I ask that you accept that this is the course of action and let it go. What's the point of complaining about other people complaining, after all? Redundant, and irrelevant to the topic itself.

Thank you.
  • PumpingIron - Dreamweaver
    PumpingIron - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    nothinaa, I think you need to take a deep breathe and realize that there are exceptions to everything. As I previously stated Frankie himself has instructed us to leave this topic open while he prepares the response for this situation.

As you for, I ask that you accept that this is the course of action and let it go. What's the point of complaining about other people complaining, after all? Redundant, and irrelevant to the topic itself.

Thank you.
    Ah there are exceptions to everything...
    I urgently need one of those exceptions. Level me to level 105, I'll be gratefully b:dirty
    edited April 2012
    nothinaa wrote: »
    Gasp frankie isn't doing his job either?!?!?! Big surprise there lol.

There has been nothing but QQ demanding GM action from dedicated forum trolls like tremble. It's 100% against forums rules but the mods and frankie don't care to enforce rules.

I don't believe I'm a "troll". I created a legitimate thread, asking for a legitimate response from a legitimate staff member of PWE. A ticket would get a vague response, and no action. Actually, I'd probably get banned for a ticket, since that seems to be my past record for sending tickets and getting responses back. But that's besides the point.
    edited April 2012
    Someone sounds mad at this thread. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • nothinaa
    edited April 2012

Thank you.

All what you are doing is showing a lack of respect to those posters who choose to follow the rules. Giving people exceptional treatment is favoritism. What is tremble your personal friend or something?

It's pretty clear the forum rules don't mean anything if you can't enforce them.

I don't believe I'm a "troll". I created a legitimate thread, asking for a legitimate response from a legitimate staff member of PWE. A ticket would get a vague response, and no action. Actually, I'd probably get banned for a ticket, since that seems to be my past record for sending tickets and getting responses back. But that's besides the point.

Ohh please you bragged about how you don't even play the game anymore and get your jollies off on the forum lol.

Keep on bumping and trollin bro.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    How about you don't derail the topic?
    14. Keep posts on-topic.
    Keep the topic in mind when you post. Refrain from posting irrelevant information.

b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.