About how many DQ items would it take to get 25 Silver Orders?

Options
Drakulas__ - Sanctuary
Drakulas__ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Topic.
Anyone know about how many DQ items it's take to do enough Dragon Quests to get 25 Silver Dragon Orders?

Or will it be easier to sell the DQ items and buy the orders. The orders go for about 1.5 mil on Sanctuary at the moment I believe.
Post edited by Drakulas__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    each Dragon Quest hast 10 sub-quests.. Mostly 5-6 DQ Parts.. So lets assume 6 for now.. I think it was 10-15 DQ Items, depending on lvl. So lets pick the higher number again.

6x15 = 90 DQ Items for one chain(and these DQ Items have to be of a spetial kind).

lets assume you need to buy them all. Than you can only spend 15k per DQ Item so that you are still below the 1.5kk.
    For 25 DQ Items you need to repeat that. If you are still not high in lvl you will have the chance that you only get bronze, which means all the DQ Items don't count. On higher lvl you will have the chance to get gold which is nice, but also not what you want.

So all in all you need 30-40 Runs of DQ if you can take the option that the DQ Quest gives gold/silver badge. If you only can take the lower DQs liek 31-61 you will have to run much more runs.

My conclusuion is: If you want that Orders, buy them. It will take you a real long time farming the DQ Items or much more coins to get the DQ-Quests done.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    beforesun wrote: »
    1.5kk.
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/Facewall.jpg
    FFS say mil it's 1 letter more to type or even easier type m and it's 1 less key to press for you. I swear next you will be seeing 1kkk and 1kkkk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    On my first toon, a veno, I did making silver dragon orders for money. Let's just say it was really painful, and very very tiring. Plus, there's a 10% chance of getting a gold instead of a silver, which is worth close to nothing.

I'd suggest just grinding and finding other ways of making money, and using the profits to purchase the orders. It's a lot easier and faster, and you don't feel annoyed when DQ items don't drop when you're grinding.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Drakulas__ - Sanctuary
    Drakulas__ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yeah, sounding like it may be better to just sell the DQ items and buy the orders than. Thanks for the replys. Least this will open up a lot of inventory space on my alt.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    one more thing to add to beforesun's analysis:
    while you can afk fly to the DQ npcs you still need to spend some time...
    and from my experience, afk flying is not so afk; I check a lot of times if I have reached the destination and cannot really concentrate to other tasks.

so, while it's not pure game time, it still takes some of your time.
    time you could use to farm or grind and make even more money ;)

btw on DW i rarely see DO for sale :/
    you only purge once #yopo
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yeah make money, and just buy the DQ items. OR get to higher level, farm higher level DQ, sell at higher markup prices, buy the DQ you need for silver dragon order and there you go!
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford