Helping decision on a class?

beastmasterjr
beastmasterjr Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Hi PWI community,

The reason for this forum post is as the title says about 'helping my decision on a class" in PWI. I would just like to give some background to this question. I have always been a commited gamer and now wanting to switch to PWI I wish to be the same. I was a high end, top guild raider in wow for 7 years, so I have a foundation of playing at a high level and doing the best I can in a game.

The reason I am writing about my previous gaming experience is that because I am coming to a game I have to learn I would like a little advise from the PWI community based on the idea that I wish to focus on the end game and therefore would like a class that does well late game.

I am currently a level 30 wizard and I had a 26 barb (only being played 3 days so don't shoot me down haha) and I like them both however I get comments from people on my wizard saying "Why play a wizard, psychic's are way stronger and do everything better than a wizard...." and so now I am thinking.... do I play my wizard or when I get high levels is everyone going to not want me in groups at all...? =/

I realise that at the moment sins are strong but with that comes the fact that everyone has one, so I would prefer to not go there haha.

I suppose the bottom line question is , "Are wizards useful at all late game (80-101) ? are BM's useful late game (80-101) for the person playing with me and do these people get invited to groups...?

If they don't what would you think would be a better class to ensure groups (only if these ones like just DONT get into groups). And are they capable of leveling solo decently , e.g. I notice a heap of clerics are needed but from 1-80 can they level or are they extremely boring and slow?

Thanks for your anticipated help guys!!!

Kind regards,

Beastmasterjr.
Post edited by beastmasterjr on

Comments

• _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This game sucks.
    you can get to lvl 100 in 5 days and buy the endgame gear for ~1500$.

I would recomend another game, this one is dying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    First off, welcome to the game! Believe me when I say, we need a lot more gamers around who are concerned with playing the game well and can speak intelligently.

As for your concerns, psychics are not necessarily better than wizards any more than any of the classes are better than one another. Every class has their advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I prefer squading with wizards in most cases because the sustainable(constant) AOE damage can be incredibly useful.

Psychics have their advantages as well though and I've seen them do some wicked damage in PVP.

But, as for your bottom line question, both are useful end game. Both are wanted for caster Nirvana, for good FC squads, both are useful in Delta.

I will be honest with you though, finding FC squads on a wizard around lvl 80 can be difficult(Or so I'm told.). I had the same experience on my veno. Uninformed squads think the only successful squad is a barb, cleric, BM, two sins and a random.(Usually a seeker or another BM) But in my experience, once I got up to 99+ most of the squads seemed a lot more open minded and willing to realise that there are many successful squads.

The advice I give most people is, if you wonder what class you want to play, try them all. You can have two accounts, so you can make one of every class. When I started this game I thought I'd end up being an assassin since I've always been an assassin/rogue class. I tried out the venomancer class just for kicks and completely fell in love, any other class just doesn't click for me how it did with my veno. Maybe you'll have a similar experience.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My advice is to keep playing WoW.

Just to buy your endgame gear for your Wizard would get you like 10 years of subscription there, not to mention, Blizzard actually takes the time and pays their employees to balance the game.

I had an item glitch out on my Hunter, and Customer Service responded within 12 hours and the glitch was taken care of. Here, you can have all kinds of weird **** happen, and it'll take 12 DAYS for anyone to even LOOK at the ticket.

Griefing and Twinks are a minor nuisance there.

They are the norm here.

As for Wizard vs Psy... Wiz is still a very powerful class at endgame, and really, if you want to spend the $1,500 for R9, and the $500 or so to refine it all to +10, then the $500 more to +12 your weapon, $200-$2,800 for shards...

Or you can spend the time you normally would play on running a Catshop (or... Erm... 12 like some people do) and in a year or so, give or take depending on sales and whatever, you might be able to Merchant it without spending any of your real world money on the game.

PWI is all about money. All about Powerleveling. It's not about playing anymore. Blizzard's MMO is still about playing the game, having a good time with other people, RPing if you want to, the PVP is ****ing awesome if you are patient, instances are done right, and none of that is here. But the TW's can be fun, when they aren't 80 cashshoppers rolling 12 nubs for a basically free land.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    This game sucks.

Just because some people are dumb enough to power level that way doesn't mean that it ruins the game for all of us. How we choose to play as individuals has a lot to do with how long the game stays entertaining. b:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just because some people are dumb enough to power level that way doesn't mean that it ruins the game for all of us. How we choose to play as individuals has a lot to do with how long the game stays entertaining. b:chuckle

Well... To be honest... The only reason I didn't stick with playing *that other MMO, since I'm sure a Fuzzy mod will be editing posts really soon* was because I had too many friends and connections here, and not there. I never found a good guild there, I'm in 4 good factions here.

However, the amount of entertainment and the 'daily play value' of that other MMO is quite high compared to PWI. You can choose from so much diverse gameplay, PVP has DIFFERENT MODES there, vs Open World, Duels, or TW here.

I also was here when the play value of PWI was quite high, and it was very entertaining reading the half-assed broken english quest text. Some quests, you actually had to figure out what the NPC's were saying by reading guides... The Gold Trading Guide was so awful, it was hilarious. Google Translate 100% right there. There were typos EVERYWHERE. But, they never fixed the truly broken stuff for the most part, and they broke the fun stuff. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • beastmasterjr
    edited March 2012
    Keep the advise coming guys!!!!

I would just like to comment on the people who are talking about "cash gets you everything".... you have the option to farm the money and earn your gear the normal way, or level normally and not get increased xp, buy runs etc. Just like building a car, you can build it up from the ground or you could just buy one that someone has already worked on and get the best you want... doesn't mean it is pointless for the people who want to build it up over time?

Yeah fair enough, I see clerics are really needed but I have also heard that they take forever to level as their solo capabilities are really bad and as much as I care about the late game and not so much the early game I don't want the early game to be PAINFUL lol.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Keep the advise coming guys!!!!

I would just like to comment on the people who are talking about "cash gets you everything".... you have the option to farm the money and earn your gear the normal way, or level normally and not get increased xp, buy runs etc. Just like building a car, you can build it up from the ground or you could just buy one that someone has already worked on and get the best you want... doesn't mean it is pointless for the people who want to build it up over time?

Yeah fair enough, I see clerics are really needed but I have also heard that they take forever to level as their solo capabilities are really bad and as much as I care about the late game and not so much the early game I don't want the early game to be PAINFUL lol.

If you dont have decent gear no squad will want you, therefore its impossible.
    Anyway, gl on farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012

First off, welcome to the game! I quoted you here because the game really does need more people who think like you, and will work on their characters instead of just power leveling and cash shopping everything. And like someone else said, people who are willing to take the time to actually type their comments out in proper english lol
    For you're second comment, clerics are always needed, and honestly they're a really good class to solo things with because you never have to buy hp pots. Well, really my comment pertains to mobs, bosses are a different story, but bosses are hard for any class.
    As for your primary question, I LOVE wizzies. As you can tell, my main is one, and it took me the best part of 3 years to settle on a main, but I wouldn't change now for anything lol In my experience, wizzies are useful in tons of situations, and I never had a problem getting an FC squad for example, or a BH one in earlier levels. People who know the potential of wizzies are often really happy to see me in squads because of the continuous AoE and hard hitting single target skills. Despite this, I would have to say Psychics have the advantage in pvp certainly, maybe in pve, but I havent played one nearly as extensively as I have my wizzie. I tried playing a psychic, but i found it... boring I suppose. Wizzies have a bigger variety of skills I think, and I like having the elemental choice for different mobs. I'll
    stop there cause I could go on for hours about how awesome I think wizzies are lol
    As for BMs, they are always wanted too, for the stuns/AoEs/HF, and the dps.
    Hope that wall of text helps instead of putting you off because theres so much of it b:chuckle

PS to the people who say this game isn't worth playing.... I honestly think that thats the problem, how you approach the game. I have been playing for about 3 years now, and I haven't got bored with it because I find new things to do and new ways to challenge myself. I think there are certain parts of the game that are slightly broken, but I think if you play a certain way and with a certain mindset you can easily over come them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I'm curious, OP, what server are you on? Server does make a bit of a difference as to what sort of squads will take you, what won't. I think the key into getting squads is making good friends, but that's just me. I don't pour money into the game, nor do any of my friends. So we all learn ways around having the latest uberpower gear. Some of it is with tactics and skills, some of it has to do with helping each other out.

That's just me though.
  • beastmasterjr
    edited March 2012
    Thank you for all the nice comments.

The reason I have this mindset is because I feel people are not thinking logically and only impulsively. For example I mentioned my background in world of ******** and people say stick to it the sub fee is cheaper then the cost of paying for gear. Firstly gear doenst HAVE to be paid for you CHOOSE too and in WoW you leave out the fact that if you dont spend 20 hours a week of predetermined time (time you have to accomodate, you cannot just log on when you wish to play to do the raids) to even have a CHANCE at the decent gear and every 3 months the gear is **** again as a new content patch comes out meaning you are constantly replacing gear, even at the max level.

I am on Dreamweaver as I had one friend who already had a few toons on that server, if that helps at all in what you were saying about squads and squad make up.

Yeah I do enjoy my wizard but I noticed with my friend that it was awesome if I used morning dew (I think it is called that haha) to heal while (the bm) was just attacking. So I thought maybe a cleric + another fighter would be a decent thing to level up together but also clerics are always need late game from what I see in my world chat on my server.

Any further advise or comments is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Beastmasterjr
  • Arythalia - Dreamweaver
    Arythalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I am on Dreamweaver as I had one friend who already had a few toons on that server, if that helps at all in what you were saying about squads and squad make up.

Yeah I do enjoy my wizard but I noticed with my friend that it was awesome if I used morning dew (I think it is called that haha) to heal while (the bm) was just attacking. So I thought maybe a cleric + another fighter would be a decent thing to level up together but also clerics are always need late game from what I see in my world chat on

If you're on dreamweaver, feel free to pm me in game, I'm usually around on this char, and if not, I will be at some point or world chat for me cause I may be on an alt. I say this in case you need any help, with general things from bh/fb to anything else really, or if you do decide to continue a wizzie I'd be happy to try and help as much as I can (I'm not the best wizzie by far so I may only be able to help to a certain extent). I have a few other classes too so feel free to pm me about them too.

Anywayyyy moving on, clerics are always needed. Mystics took some of the job, but they are usually more of a secondary heal, and I think almost all squads would choose a cleric over a mystic. Cleric and a BM I can see working out as a good duo cause BM can tank most things and obviously it's easier with heals. Its really your choice and I'll avoid getting into the personal choice part, because I obviously chose wizzie over cleric, however my main was a cleric for a long time. They have very different play styles and if you get really stuck I would advise playing a cleric to 30 or so, as you did with your wizzie.
    Hope this helps! ( I may be rambling some, I should really be asleep instead of posting lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks tons to Bellefleurs for the sig<3
    Arythalia - 100 sage wizzie - main - active
    Eadrienia - 9x demon archer - active
    Myantria - 7x psychic - active
    Multiple other 6x, 7x, and 8x chars too, but too many to list in one sig b:shutup
  • Snufalufugus - Harshlands
    Snufalufugus - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You may get better help if you post in DW subforums. I am sure someone would meet you in game and show you the ropes.
  • beastmasterjr
    edited March 2012
    This game sucks.

I'm curious, OP, what server are you on? Server does make a bit of a difference as to what sort of squads will take you, what won't. I think the key into getting squads is making good friends, but that's just me. I don't pour money into the game, nor do any of my friends. So we all learn ways around having the latest uberpower gear. Some of it is with tactics and skills, some of it has to do with helping each other out.

That's just me though.
    If you're on dreamweaver, feel free to pm me in game, I'm usually around on this char, and if not, I will be at some point or world chat for me cause I may be on an alt. I say this in case you need any help, with general things from bh/fb to anything else really, or if you do decide to continue a wizzie I'd be happy to try and help as much as I can (I'm not the best wizzie by far so I may only be able to help to a certain extent). I have a few other classes too so feel free to pm me about them too.

Anywayyyy moving on, clerics are always needed. Mystics took some of the job, but they are usually more of a secondary heal, and I think almost all squads would choose a cleric over a mystic. Cleric and a BM I can see working out as a good duo cause BM can tank most things and obviously it's easier with heals. Its really your choice and I'll avoid getting into the personal choice part, because I obviously chose wizzie over cleric, however my main was a cleric for a long time. They have very different play styles and if you get really stuck I would advise playing a cleric to 30 or so, as you did with your wizzie.
    Hope this helps! ( I may be rambling some, I should really be asleep instead of posting lol)

Thanks I will add you :D Thanks for being so nice ahah.

To comment about the DW forums (subforums) I will do that, just thought I would direct my question more broadly haha.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game! First off, I'm glad you're ignoring the pessimists. I mean, obviously if you pay out-of-pocket money in a free-to-play game, you're going to be the best. That's a given to all free mmorpg's.

As for wizards, they're awesome in PvE and TW (territory wars=group pvp). Psychics are also good in PvE, but they're OP in PvP (pk and TW). I actually like a wizard in pve more since, like others stated, they have a constant aoe damage effect.

Clerics are always needed. I know this because I have played a cleric and mystic. You will level easily as a cleric because you're wanted in every squad. But the higher level the squad and more OP, the less clerics are needed (in my experience). Mystics are secondary healers, but if you play right, you can heal quite as well as a cleric.

My main is a mystic, and I lvled very fast too because of the lack of clerics in squads. But even when there is a cleric in the squad, I still get picked because I can DD quite well in PvE, and I can support the squad at the same time.

Maybe you should try a mystic someday? We're sort of a jack of all trades type of character. We can do a lot of things other classes can, but not as well. We're also very, very good in PvP (and can kill Psychics or any other arcane class quite easily, if you're wondering) if you ever choose to go that route. Our weakness is we use the most mana out of any magic class, especially at lower levels. And if you ask any mystic around who has played other classes, we're probably the most challenging class to play.

Best of luck to you!b:victory
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    a bit late welcome from me.
    I started as a wiz, then tried psychic when they came out (tideborn expansion) and sticked to psychic. both classes have their advantages but they generally fill the same role in squads: magic DD (aoe/single target).

as you may have already noticed however, it appears that some people think that a wiz has superior aoe dmg which is definetely not true; while psys dont have an aoe spell that is activated and lasts forever (as long as you have mana) we have enough aoe spells to be able to constantly cast an aoe.

anyway, msot of the time people will have little to no idea about what your class does (psy) :b

pvp-wise I cannot say that a certain class is way too OP. well, maybe sins a little
    pve-wise though, most farming instances are dominated by meele chars (sins,bm,barb,archer)
    "wait what?" you are going to say "archers meele??" and I'll say yup, there is a mechanic so broken that an archer deals more dmg to a boss with claws/fists instead of a bow. and the mechanic is named 5aps meaning 5 attacks per sec. check a related thread; basically those chars can solo, without heals, most end-game instances (the ones that make money anyway)

so, while they recently added an instance for casters, if you are going to farm and expect to make money in a reasonable amount of time, I would suggest rolling a sin or bm. that's what everybody does usually.

so why am i not rolling a sin? well, i'm thinking to roll one but mainly because i actually want to play and do some instances. my main source of income is merchantizing; i think i'll get that 1.5k$ gear within 4-5 months of merhcing.

anyway, GL; i'm also on DW so feel free to pm me
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Late welcome but I only have one small piece of advice... Just play whatever class you feel like playing and like the most... Maybe a class you personally can relate to or a class you loved playing in your previous MMO (if we have it)... True some classes may get harder into squads then others but eventually there will be ppl that aren't ignorant idiots and will take less popular classes as well...

Also this game is Free to Play but Pay to Win... But if you're going pure PvE and aren't a tank or anything you can do just fine with the cheaper gear like most molds, FF and TT90 gear or a combination of those when you're higher... If you go for a PvE wizard for example just do the same and get the free weapon from the Morai quest until you can afford better (you'll sometimes get rewards of 2-5 mil for your lvl 100 daily)... It's not the best gear out there but it's acceptable... Especially when you refine it a bit and put good shards in them... If you're going for PvP however... Well you'll be spending either lot's and lot's of $$ or time...

Hope you'll enjoy the game... It has many flaws but still is really fun for a free MMO... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • theatersword22
    theatersword22 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My advice is to keep playing WoW.

Just to buy your endgame gear for your Wizard would get you like 10 years of subscription there, not to mention, Blizzard actually takes the time and pays their employees to balance the game.

I had an item glitch out on my Hunter, and Customer Service responded within 12 hours and the glitch was taken care of. Here, you can have all kinds of weird **** happen, and it'll take 12 DAYS for anyone to even LOOK at the ticket.

Griefing and Twinks are a minor nuisance there.

They are the norm here.

As for Wizard vs Psy... Wiz is still a very powerful class at endgame, and really, if you want to spend the $1,500 for R9, and the $500 or so to refine it all to +10, then the $500 more to +12 your weapon, $200-$2,800 for shards...

Or you can spend the time you normally would play on running a Catshop (or... Erm... 12 like some people do) and in a year or so, give or take depending on sales and whatever, you might be able to Merchant it without spending any of your real world money on the game.

PWI is all about money. All about Powerleveling. It's not about playing anymore. Blizzard's MMO is still about playing the game, having a good time with other people, RPing if you want to, the PVP is ****ing awesome if you are patient, instances are done right, and none of that is here. But the TW's can be fun, when they aren't 80 cashshoppers rolling 12 nubs for a basically free land.

+9001. could not be said any better.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If you dont have decent gear no squad will want you, therefore its impossible.
    Anyway, gl on farming.

"My" squad takes even people with TT80 gear.

Just because there are some elitist nerds that doesn't even consider you unless you're at least R8+ doesn't mean we are all like that.

Those are the kind of people that ruins the game not the game itself.

Rage moar
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game! If you decide to play a cleric, or need general help on DW, drop me a PM on Leibniz (my archer).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game! If you decide to play a cleric, or need general help on DW, drop me a PM on Leibniz (my archer).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009.

huum huum,,,,b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game!
    Wizard also was my first class, let me state the pros and cons based on my opinion alone:

Pros:

*safe class to play in PVE once you get the Will of the Phoenix
    *high MP pool due Wellspring Quaff
    *have too much def in endgame for a magic class because of Stone Barrier
    *Wizards have tonnes of builds!
    *It's a very good character to play TW

Cons:

*only start to get strong after the levels 80+
    *lowest casting time of the game
    *cannot farm unless you have good gears, but for buy good gears you have to farm first...
    *players are dumb and doesn't know what Wizards can do, so they will think that youre not welcome in squads
    *the progress of the other classes compared to you, can make you lose the will of play like Wizard

Recently I created a Sin and loved! You shoudn't think because everyone plays with a character that you can't play too, actually there are very few players around here that can play well with Sin and the community can back me up with this here! But you will have a hard time for get your gears with your Wizard, I highly recomend of you to make another char for farm.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Try more then one class , get past the tutorial stage ( about lvl 30ish ) and see what you like

Don't limit yoursef but a word of advice is look up common builds so you dont **** up

like i did on my first toon, IE. Magic on my barb :p
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game!

I must tell you that first, no matter what class you play, there will always be people who tell you otherwise, so first of all is to really try the different classes. Take it from someone who knows. I have a veno, mystic, cleric, barb, seeker and this BM. I tried the BM last and guess what? I'm in love with it now. Took me 3 long years to find something I like too.

People will always tell you something suck in comparison to the other, so let me list down all the pros for each class.

Veno - incredible debuffs. Pets are capable of tanking lv 150 bosses in FF.
    Mystic - versatile class, heal, summons and plants, able to support, DD, heal at higher levels.
    Cleric - incredible at AOE grinding with poison mobs, heals, buffs, debuffs, and PVP is omigod.
    Barb - buffs, best tank, if played right can tank almost everything, and has the option of going APS.
    BM - I love the stuns, and the various AOEs. They are good at AOE grinding, and I love HF because the whole squad can stack even more damage on mobs or bosses.
    Seeker - ability to tank at higher level, good AOE and mid range DD, as opposed to BM which is melee.
    Wizards - nasty spells and AOE and with R8 which is easily farmable, they are SCARY. Looks at wizard friends on Friend List.

Won't say for archer, psychic or sin since I've not played them. Have fun and play the way you like.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game!

I must tell you that first, no matter what class you play, there will always be people who tell you otherwise, so first of all is to really try the different classes. Take it from someone who knows. I have a veno, mystic, cleric, barb, seeker and this BM. I tried the BM last and guess what? I'm in love with it now. Took me 3 long years to find something I like too.

People will always tell you something suck in comparison to the other, so let me list down all the pros for each class.

Mystic - versatile class, heal, summons and plants, able to support, DD, heal at higher levels.
    Cleric - incredible at AOE grinding with poison mobs, heals, buffs, debuffs, and PVP is omigod.
    Barb - buffs, best tank, if played right can tank almost everything, and has the option of going APS.
    BM - I love the stuns, and the various AOEs. They are good at AOE grinding, and I love HF because the whole squad can stack even more damage on mobs or bosses.
    Seeker - ability to tank at higher level, good AOE and mid range DD, as opposed to BM which is melee.
    Wizards - nasty spells and AOE and with R8 which is easily farmable, they are SCARY. Looks at wizard friends on Friend List.

Won't say for archer, psychic or sin since I've not played them. Have fun and play the way you like.

>.> i can say with almost 100% accuracy that a well built psy is far better at AoE grinding than the bm...reasoning,the psychic has some of the fastest natural channeling in the game,quite afew good range AoE,(tons of them actually,i think the psy actually has more AoE spells than single hit spells)

and if you happen to have alot of vit adding stones on hand...fully modding all of your armor peices with vit stones(and by vit stones i mean primeval stone,and stone of the savant) with a psy,will make you indeed far better at AoE grinding than any bm ever could be :<,there is literally no arguing on this point,no way around this....the psy is better at AoE grinding
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What would get you into just about any squad...? Cleric. Or a Barb, squads love a tank! And basically wizards hit harder than psychics but not as fast in their attacks - as far as I've been told and understand anyway.

Also, just how sins got extremely popular, that trend has moved over to the BMs. My faction and the others don't seem to be recruiting BMs anymore. Or at least a regular 90-99-r8 BM. Because we're lacking on barbs and clerics, archers and wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited March 2012
    >.> i can say with almost 100% accuracy that a well built psy is far better at AoE grinding than the bm...reasoning,the psychic has some of the fastest natural channeling in the game,quite afew good range AoE,(tons of them actually,i think the psy actually has more AoE spells than single hit spells)

and if you happen to have alot of vit adding stones on hand...fully modding all of your armor peices with vit stones(and by vit stones i mean primeval stone,and stone of the savant) with a psy,will make you indeed far better at AoE grinding than any bm ever could be :<,there is literally no arguing on this point,no way around this....the psy is better at AoE grinding

Lolololol tell that to psychic who gets melee mob aggro in FC, practically dies instantly. At least the BM would have a chance! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game!
    Wizard also was my first class, let me state the pros and cons based on my opinion alone:

Pros:

*safe class to play in PVE once you get the Will of the Phoenix
    *high MP pool due Wellspring Quaff
    *have too much def in endgame for a magic class because of Stone Barrier
    *Wizards have tonnes of builds!
    *It's a very good character to play TW

Cons:

*only start to get strong after the levels 80+
    *lowest casting time of the game
    *cannot farm unless you have good gears, but for buy good gears you have to farm first...
    *players are dumb and doesn't know what Wizards can do, so they will think that youre not welcome in squads
    *the progress of the other classes compared to you, can make you lose the will of play like Wizard

Recently I created a Sin and loved! You shoudn't think because everyone plays with a character that you can't play too, actually there are very few players around here that can play well with Sin and the community can back me up with this here! But you will have a hard time for get your gears with your Wizard, I highly recomend of you to make another char for farm.

That's already true for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Lolololol tell that to psychic who gets melee mob aggro in FC, practically dies instantly. At least the BM would have a chance! b:laugh

why do you think i mentioned vit stones?im talking about damage here...>.> a psy,built well,played well, is better at AoE grinding than any bm ever in existence could be...

and also,you fail,fc is not grinding o.o,i define grinding as standing in a rapid respawn for hours and hours killing the same spawn over and over again for next to nothing in xp per mon >.> and dont challenge me on this point,i know what grinding is more than 75% of the people on here,(mainly because of three years spent on a much harder korean grinder mmo v.v)
    edited March 2012
    why do you think i mentioned vit stones?im talking about damage here...>.> a psy,built well,played well, is better at AoE grinding than any bm ever in existence could be...

and also,you fail,fc is not grinding o.o,i define grinding as standing in a rapid respawn for hours and hours killing the same spawn over and over again for next to nothing in xp per mon >.> and dont challenge me on this point,i know what grinding is more than 75% of the people on here,(mainly because of three years spent on a much harder korean grinder mmo v.v)

Challenge Accepted.

Most people do not -VIT- stone their gear, first off each stone will cost 25-30m. And more realistically if you had meant the Citrines then I would only agree with you somewhat. I'm a barb, just because I have a lot of HP doesn't mean magic attacks are only going to tickle me. The same principle applies to a psychic, and a major player in how fast they'll die is that they have even less HP.

When I'm thinking of an AOE grind, what the hell else do people do besides FC? Sure, there are people who do Zhen leveling... for like 3m for an hour? Dafuq. So what purpose does a psychic who can hold their own on fast-spawning mobs need to kill those mobs? Levels? Money? SP? Tell me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to the game!

Archer - Really nice ranged DD, can keep mobs away from them most of the time, don't get hit much, hard in the lower lvles but get's really good after around 60+, and in all honesty it's a pretty lazy class to play when DDing bosses...

Sin - Not much to say about it... I played it 'till lvl 75 and all I can say is that it's a light-armor overpowered DD (when played right) that can do just about anything... Sins do take agro a lot on high lvl's though, which is not really a great thing with the low HP and Defense...

Edit: And guys... You do realize that Psychics also have White Voodoo which ups their defense at the cost of magic attack right? Unlike Black Voodoo which does the opposite... Although not many psy's will agree, I think it's really useful when in a squad, with no intention of taking agro, while it even gives extra defense...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin