Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    New item!:
    Server change stone, allows 1 server change
    disappear when used

2000 Gold.

<.<
    Hmm.... do I buy R9 or do I move servers? Gonna have to think on that one. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    Estoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this should really be allowed now that there are EU servers so that the people who are from eu and started on one of the american servers dont have to stay up till 2am for TW or 3-4am for CoA and other events. it could be made so that we would have to pay a fee to go to another server either a few in game milions or a few thousand zhen. and you can limit how many times and how many characters to transfer cause like the others said, to start over on another server with nothing really sucks and it takes years to get the gear we already have.
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    Estoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i say no make new toon on diff server CS there. you pick server be so stay there and suck it up. b:cute

but some of us are from EU, and at start there were only us servers, and by the time EU servers came out we got 100+ characters with en game gear and that takes years to rebuild on a new server.(unless u cash in like hell)
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    but some of us are from EU, and at start there were only us servers, and by the time EU servers came out we got 100+ characters with en game gear and that takes years to rebuild on a new server.(unless u cash in like hell)

+1....
  • sean1331
    sean1331 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    well i completly agree with you i think we should be able to switch a toon at the veryy least once for free. b:victory
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would fork over $100 to move my character over to another server.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Too many people change idea, i have many friends and people i know who wanted change server so they go on a other and finally missed too much and come back, if people ask a ''stone'' to change one time server, they will QQ 6 months later to be able come back in their own server.

But the only thing that could be nice is IF 2 server become really dead could be nice they merge it, but i dont think they can do it so do change people from server its about pixel thing, that would be really complicated and long.

Ps.: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1167321 He explain why they cannot do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Too many people change idea, i have many friends and people i know who wanted change server so they go on a other and finally missed too much and come back, if people ask a ''stone'' to change one time server, they will QQ 6 months later to be able come back in their own server.

But the only thing that could be nice is IF 2 server become really dead could be nice they merge it, but i dont think they can do it so do change people from server its about pixel thing, that would be really complicated and long.

Ps.: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1167321 He explain why they cannot do it.

Those excuses are a big fat load of ****.

They are just lazy.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh look, this thread again. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    to all those in here who said something like "i dont see where this gives any benefit to players" bla bla, ur just as ignorant as pwi staff is atm (not meant to be mean, only naming facts)

it does give a GREAT benefit indeed for e.g. europen players, for which most of the events is at 3.30am (morai pq), 4-5am (tw), lucidgold and bidding hall (5am), blood theatre, tiger event, coa, jungle ruins, etc etc

wouldnt u feel kinda fooled as well if u play an INTERNATIONAL (= not entirely american only) game and cant participate in ANY of the events? but u started playing with server start and already got too much stuff on ur current server to start over on the just recently rolled german/french servers)?

thats my 2 cents.

ps. IF relocating was enabled, id vouch for the whole account to get transferred, since theres a lot of ppl with chars who only got a single set of gear which gets accstashed between the chars
    edited April 2012
    Options
    shashahah wrote: »
    to all those in here who said something like "i dont see where this gives any benefit to players" bla bla, ur just as ignorant as pwi staff is atm (not meant to be mean, only naming facts)

it does give a GREAT benefit indeed for e.g. europen players, for which most of the events is at 3.30am (morai pq), 4-5am (tw), lucidgold and bidding hall (5am), blood theatre, tiger event, coa, jungle ruins, etc etc

wouldnt u feel kinda fooled as well if u play an INTERNATIONAL (= not entirely american only) game and cant participate in ANY of the events? but u started playing with server start and already got too much stuff on ur current server to start over on the just recently rolled german/french servers)?

thats my 2 cents.

ps. IF relocating was enabled, id vouch for the whole account to get transferred, since theres a lot of ppl with chars who only got a single set of gear which gets accstashed between the chars

International doesn't mean what you think it means. It was international just because China released a version for North America. If it stayed as just North Americans, it would still be international. Because it's China+Canda+USA. International=two or more countries, what you're thinking of is global. And actually there was a Perfect World Europe, but you guys as a whole decided it wasn't worth playing and it folded. Which is what gave PWI the rights to make EU servers now. And yeah this would benefit EU players greatly, but it would mess up the database for everyone else. Which is why it's not allowed.

PWI is an older game. IF they say it would mess up the database, it would probably mess up the database. I don't see them saying "I hate money so I'm not going to sell something that a lot of ppl would probably like," and then not implementing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    why Couldnt it just be like..

200 gold for a server change stone. can maximum use 1 every 5 months. Can take any items with you, but items gained on another server cannot be sold, npc'ed or dropped on another server. Raw coins should not be able to be transferred.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

edited April 2012
    Options

200 gold for a server change stone. can maximum use 1 every 5 months. Can take any items with you, but items gained on another server cannot be sold, npc'ed or dropped on another server. Raw coins should not be able to be transferred.

Lawl!!! They already have problem to fix DQ points, achievement stuff and jone's blessing and more, you want make that more complicated?? I dunno why people want change server PvP server is PvP server and PvE is PvE change to a PvE to a other PvE is stupid and same for PvP.

They already stated that change to a PvE server to a PvP one and vice versa would not be fair cause the price of stuff and etc... if it was allowed people would go get gears in PvE at cheap price and come back in PvP which will be unfair for the other players, which will make PvP server totally empty cause people would go farm in PvE server and at the end price will jump on PvE and the people in PvE server will cry cause price highest cause PvP come in their server, so im sure PvE server enjoy have cheap stuff and would not want see price go crazy like on PvP cause server change is allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

No, it should be a function in the support section of this site. Give people a limit of once a year or something. They ask us to pay for enough in this game.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd love to see that but it's probably too much of a bother to do it. Would be nice nevertheless. I'd definitely try it out myself XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • shashahah
    edited April 2012
    Options
    but YOU GUYS AS A WHOLE decided it wasn't worth playing and it folded.

i didnt notice i decided that
    ever thought bout it lacking promotion or w/e and the PWE STAFF decided it wasnt worth putting effort into?
    cant help it if theres not enough promo...i personally havent seen/heard anything the like, neither have the friend whom asked, so no wonder

PS. i dont see where this messes up the database for "EVERYONE ELSE"...i guess ur referring to the pwi staff actually getting something they have to work on?

dunno why theres so many "impossible" stuff here...e.g. char renaming/gender switch
    how does this influence the database? in a lot of games its possible as well, so why not here? cos of lazyness?

another thing bout renaming...kirby's sin on sanct got renamed (idc in what way this happened) due to an "inappropriate" name (from PhyuckYiu or w/e to MsSaxwell)
    now say again its not possible.

PS-2. if its so american-related as it seems to b according to venus, why not enable it for american IPs only? like in other countries where u cant access the PW there?
    as soon as players of other countries can access a game, its international/global or w/e u call it
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i didnt notice i decided that
    ever thought bout it lacking promotion or w/e and the PWE STAFF decided it wasnt worth putting effort into?
    cant help it if theres not enough promo...i personally havent seen/heard anything the like, neither have the friend whom asked, so no wonder

PS. i dont see where this messes up the database for EVERYONE ELSE...i guess ur referring to the pwi staff actually getting something they have to work on?

dunno why theres so many "impossible" stuff here...e.g. char renaming/gender switch
    how does this influence the database? in a lot of games its possible as well, so why not here? cos of lazyness?

As a whole means that no one individually decided on such a thing, but as a collective group the EU version lacked the numbers to warrant the version. Whether this is because you found the promo of the international version and didn't bother looking to see if there was an "EU" or "Your country here" version of the game or because you tried and didn't like it for whatever reason. Collectively (that means individually you didn't need to decide anything) EU players chose to play this version and not that one. If it had the players and revenue still, you can bet it would still be around.

At the moment, it's impossible. I don't know what damage it caused to the database. They have not made us privy to that information. Only that it a long time ago it was allowed and screwed things up in a way they couldn't easily fix. So now it's not possible to do because they don't want to damage the database.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • shashahah
    edited April 2012
    Options
    updated post above.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    updated post above.
    PS-2. if its so american-related as it seems to b according to venus, why not enable it for american IPs only? like in other countries where u cant access the PW there?
    as soon as players of other countries can access a game, its international/global or w/e u call it

I didn't say it's American's only. I said even if they decided that it was only for Americans, it still would be international. You have NO reason to believe that just because something has the word "international" in it's name, that it's meant for your region. They have obviously embraced the European players, they even have an EU server even if it's primarily for French and German speakers. But certain things like event times are going to be slanted towards it target/majority audience. It's not that they don't WANT to please EU players. It's that if they can only please one group, it's going to be the larger, target audience whose home territory they are based in.
    That's why things like TW times are slanted toward Americans. If they can only flip the switch once, its going to be at the time the majority of the people can play. And chances are that the majority of players are going to be in the country in which it's based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • shashahah
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "was allowed a long time ago"...ive played since the servers were up, and i havent heard anything bout being able to switch servers, not to talk about changing names lol

and im not saying that they should please EU players only, im just sharing the opinion with the stuff mentioned in the beginning of the thread, that if it would be more fair to europeans if the events (e.g., the DAILY lucid event which u can only get once anyway) took place every 12h
    edited April 2012
    Options
    "was allowed a long time ago"...ive played since the servers were up, and i havent heard anything bout being able to switch servers, not to talk about changing names lol

Was a reply to your edit about the player who changed his name. I don't know if server switching was ever allowed, but Frankie said that apparently name changing was but it caused huge issues. Which is why they can't do it anymore. Server Switching is banned for the same reason. It causes issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Then there's the problem of those people who leveled up to 102, or glitched to 105 on a PVE server, and want to switch to a PVP server. Now they have R9+12 with full DoT or JOSD and are suuuuuper OP, but they didn't have to deal with a PVP environment to get there.

The glitch was in an instance, so it don't matter if it was on a pvp or pve server.....

And I bet the ones who levelled on the pvp server would kick their butts anyway.

As for server moves, why not? Other games allows it.

At least it would allow all of us who had to create a char on a badly timed server because they only opened servers timed on the west coast to begin with to move to a better timed server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While this is a sound and well thought out plan, its impossible for pwi to do. Each server has its own database, and each account (thats means all chars on that account) have a number and a spot inside the database. Pwi cannot combine the databases or add things from other databases. If the attempt was made it would crash the databases and all things on those databases will be lost. You can dream about this all you want, but it comes down to the fact that it cannot be done..

You are totally wrong and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

On PWMY, they merged two servers into one, so it can be done.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No it is in fact not possible. One of my friends runs a private server of pwi and when he attempted to combine two different databases, the database crashed and was not recoverable.

Your friend is a n00b then. PWMY admins did it.

edited April 2012
    Options
    To be honest if they allow people to change name and server the scamming will go high, people will scam til none want squad with him than he gonna change name do it again and over again, change server and scam again etc. Other games are other games, PWI is PWI if you dont like it you are free to leave. People cry that PWI kill the game by changing stuff but people propose worse ideas who will totally kill the game. Yes there's data base stuff but like i state previously the economy will be totally mess up, people claim how its easy lvl to 100 in few weeks, if u want play a other server go make a new char on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]