Working fixes for 3d3x9_42 and invisible issues!

Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Support Desk
After weeks of trying I found a really easy and safe way of fixing this issues (with a little help)... This way is so easy the GM's should've done more about it already... Like I suspected after installing some other games, .dll files can indeed be extracted by the game when installed... You don't even need to tamper with your system... Seriously the staff should be ashamed of itself... b:surrender

Warning: Before using these methods... Do make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed on your system... This solution is only for the ppl who already have DirectX 9.0c...

The fixes:
For the missing d3dx9_42 error: Download this zip, extract it & copy the .dll file to Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element... That should fix the 3d3x9_42.dll error...

For the invisible characters/mobs/NPC's: Download this compiler for the 3d3x9_42.dll zip (it ain't complete without it) and do the same with it as you did with the 3d3x9_42.dll... Just extract it and put it in the Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element folder as well... That should make everything visible again...

As you can see there is no need to alter anything of your current DirectX 9.0c or windows files... It's just as simple as putting the .dll's in the game folder and the game will recognize them... Hope this will help for those who still have issues... b:victory

Update: The fix for the invisibility issue apparently doesn't work for everyone... So I made a batch of all d3d related .dll's I have atm, for those who like to experiment, of which some are in the System32 folder and other in Element... Doesn't really matter in which you place them although the Element folder is probably less risky for your system... The .zip contains all the d3d .dll's used by my system on which the game now works well... Just extract them somewhere and pick whichever you're missing in your System32 folder and put them in your Element folder (or if you wanna try for the heck of it put all of them there)... Batch: d3d dll's... The .zip contains these files: http://i43.tinypic.com/15ro9jc.jpg...

PS: Feedback on this is appreciated... No matter if it works or doesn't... It's still kinda in experimental phase so... b:thanks

Other useful threads:
Another way that might fix your DirecX issues in case all this really won't work...
Temporary fix to book freezing issues...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• onix555
    onix555 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    i hope this works than... because i want to see people at least in BT and soon tw
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    onix555 wrote: »
    i hope this works than... because i want to see people at least in BT and soon tw

I'm pretty sure it does... But let me know ok? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • JuggaloNips - Sanctuary
    JuggaloNips - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Uhhh... The first zip it wont connect for me, and thats the one i need lol.. the d3dx9_42 error
  • JuggaloNips - Sanctuary
    JuggaloNips - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Nevermind, it connected finally xD
    edited March 2012
    Nevermind, it connected finally xD

Nice... Where you able to fix it properly? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KerraLyn - Dreamweaver
    KerraLyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    worked for me, just tested. I see the book and all characters. Thank you!

:D
    edited March 2012
    worked for me, just tested. I see the book and all characters. Thank you!

You're very welcome... I'm so glad I'm also finally able to help others... Everyone should be able to play the game if they want to, right? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onix555
    onix555 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    well i have download your tab and my bug/glitch that i cant see people is still... i just wish pwi just goes back to the old graphics with genies... because didn't have a problem before decent
    edited March 2012
    onix555 wrote: »
    well i have download your tab and my bug/glitch that i cant see people is still... i just wish pwi just goes back to the old graphics with genies... because didn't have a problem before decent

You tried the whole batch as well? You do already have DirectX 9.0c installed right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asgarath83
    asgarath83 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    After weeks of trying I found a really easy and safe way of fixing this issues (with a little help)... This way is so easy the GM's should've done more about it already... Like I suspected after installing some other games, .dll files can indeed be extracted by the game when installed... You don't even need to tamper with your system... Seriously the staff should be ashamed of itself... b:surrender

Warning: Before using these methods... Do make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed on your system... This solution is only for the ppl who already have DirectX 9.0c...

The fixes:
    For the missing d3dx9_42 error: Download this zip, extract it & copy the .dll file to Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element... That should fix the 3d3x9_42.dll error...

For the invisible characters/mobs/NPC's: Download this compiler for the 3d3x9_42.dll zip (it ain't complete without it) and do the same with it as you did with the 3d3x9_42.dll... Just extract it and put it in the Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element folder as well... That should make everything visible again...

As you can see there is no need to alter anything of your current DirectX 9.0c or windows files... It's just as simple as putting the .dll's in the game folder and the game will recognize them... Hope this will help for those who still have issues... b:victory

Update: The fix for the invisibility issue apparently doesn't work for everyone... So I made a batch of all d3d related .dll's I have atm, for those who like to experiment, of which some are in the System32 folder and other in Element... Doesn't really matter in which you place them although the Element folder is probably less risky for your system... The .zip contains all the d3d .dll's used by my system on which the game now works well... Just extract them somewhere and pick whichever you're missing in your System32 folder and put them in your Element folder (or if you wanna try for the heck of it put all of them there)... Batch: d3d dll's... The .zip contains these files: http://i43.tinypic.com/15ro9jc.jpg...

PS: Feedback on this is appreciated... No matter if it works or doesn't... It's still kinda in experimental phase so... b:thanks

i do yesterday and yu same my game!!!!! :D
    this is the steps peoples:
    1: download he ZiP file of direct 9.0c
    2: copy all the .dll into element folder of your game client
    3: run the game. this should fix all graphics bugs.
    4: book freezing the game? no prolem! download 3DANALYZE by topic of "oook freezing fix"
    5 install e run 3d analize
    6 click on button select, browse folder pc until rech element.exe. load it!
    7: check these boxes:
    - emulate htn caps or something similar
    - emulatire directx 8.0 caps
    - the third boxes down that's twos
    - theboxe with fix to shader 1.1 in the left area of the screen
    - Salve to a batch files.
    - Run the batch files.
    - enter in your server.
    Know should be Okay.
    :)

AH, VERY THANKS, DEAR! YU RESOLVE A PROBLEMS OF HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS!!!!
    pity i am in dreamweaver server, so i cannot play with yu.
    :S
    edited March 2012
    asgarath83 wrote: »
    i do yesterday and yu same my game!!!!! :D
    this is the steps peoples:
    1: download he ZiP file of direct 9.0c
    2: copy all the .dll into element folder of your game client
    3: run the game. this should fix all graphics bugs.
    4: book freezing the game? no prolem! download 3DANALYZE by topic of "oook freezing fix"
    5 install e run 3d analize
    6 click on button select, browse folder pc until rech element.exe. load it!
    7: check these boxes:
    - emulate htn caps or something similar
    - emulatire directx 8.0 caps
    - the third boxes down that's twos
    - theboxe with fix to shader 1.1 in the left area of the screen
    - Salve to a batch files.
    - Run the batch files.
    - enter in your server.
    Know should be Okay.
    :)

AH, VERY THANKS, DEAR! YU RESOLVE A PROBLEMS OF HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS!!!!
    pity i am in dreamweaver server, so i cannot play with yu.
    :S

NP... And thanks for the feedback... b:pleased And feel free to come to Heaven's Tear... We have free daily World Channel soap... b:cute

Oh and don't ask me about this but I heard my fix will be put into an official patch soon... So for those still having problems after trying just hold out a little longer and the game will fix itself soon probably... b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ahmed2001213
    ahmed2001213 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    you helped me to start this game <3 you ^^
    edited March 2012
    you helped me to start this game <3 you ^^

Ahw so glad to read that... And no problem at all... I just discovered it by accident myself (with a little push from some ppl who pointed me to where I thought of the clues) and thought I might as well share it... I was just as surprised myself when my theory actually worked... But now that so many ppl's games are fixed by this as well and knowing everyone is all happy because of that... It just makes me smile as well... It may not be a huge achievement but at least I was able to share some happiness with the world... b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2012

The fixes:

Other useful threads:
    Another way that might fix your DirecX issues in case all this really won't work...

Totaly solved my problem b:victory
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Gm's /Admin's should quit there job . Thx Lady b:cute
    U deserve to be a Gm of Perfect World, Good Luck
    And thanks again
    Regards b:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Gohru - Archosaur
    Gohru - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ok i posted my own thread but no one is responding to it so i just picked the one with the most replies. my pointer is missing and someone told me to update direct x but its up to date and my pointer is still missing wat should i do?
    edited March 2012
    ok i posted my own thread but no one is responding to it so i just picked the one with the most replies. my pointer is missing and someone told me to update direct x but its up to date and my pointer is still missing wat should i do?

Uhm... Well... This is a new one for me... I don't know if I can help with this but could you check in your System32 folder which d3dx9_ .dll's and compilers you have? Maybe there's still one missing... If not... Well we'll get to that later...

You did install the new patch yesterday right? It has the required DirectX files to get the game running...

@Sizzer: Well I can't deny some admins are really lazy lately... But at least Geno attempted to help me out before I figured this fix... And me a GM? I don't think my behavior is quite fit for that... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gohru - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    i have installed the update yes.
  • Gohru - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    nope nevermind i just looked and it is installing now my bad.. do you think that should fix the problem?
    edited March 2012
    nope nevermind i just looked and it is installing now my bad.. do you think that should fix the problem?

I hope so... it should extract and install all the required files...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sshhoobbooo
    sshhoobbooo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Omg thank you so mutch...you are the best lady!!!!!you really diserve to be a gm or admin...you help me so mutch... it`s working 100% thx verry mutch again :D!!!
  • Gohru - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    ok i installed it but it still didnt fix the issue any other ideas?
  • Gohru - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    i completely reinstalled perfect world but the cursor is still missing. i dont know wat im supposed to do i spent money on putting money in botique and i havent even been able to use it because i cant see where my cursor is. plzzzzz i need advice... b:surrender
  • bloodycrumb
    bloodycrumb Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You are so awesome!!! Althoug I do not really know what I have done to my computer under your instructions, it works!!! ^o^
  • wizardearth
    wizardearth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well I looked at my elements an I was missing a lot of them just about all of them
  • Advidya - Lost City
    Advidya - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I installed yesterday, but was having the invisibility problem. The second zip file only made the heads appear, so I ended up just downloading the whole package.

This rectified the problems that I had, thank you!
  • cassinator
    cassinator Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012

The fixes:

Other useful threads:
    Hi, so I don't know if you can help me with my issue or not but I can't even download direct x 9.0c because when I try I get this message: An internal system error occured please refer to DX Error log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem. Please help me. I really want to play this game. Thank-you :)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    cassinator wrote: »
    Hi, so I don't know if you can help me with my issue or not but I can't even download direct x 9.0c because when I try I get this message: An internal system error occured please refer to DX Error log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem. Please help me. I really want to play this game. Thank-you :)

Stop making multiple posts and wait for a response. I responded to one of your threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anaisfatima
    anaisfatima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've had that error for the longest time... I tried that first step you did, but I had to use the ''verify'' button at the patch. Then, I managed to log on, but the characters were missing. So I downloaded that last step of extraction you posted, and then.... It worked!

Thanks for posting this, you've got a satisfied customer. b:bye
  • kellkey
    kellkey Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hey! i know i made my own thread but this one is getting so much attention i was hoping i might get more help. i tried what you said to for the other things, but my cursor remains invisible and it really sucks. other suggestions?