Why was there maintainence?

condo2009
condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Why do a daylight savings time maintainence when afterwards your TW times are off an hour? FAIL
Post edited by condo2009 on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    They weren't off an hour, and I imagine a clock built into the servers would require a maintenance.

Fail thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    Why do a daylight savings time maintainence when afterwards your TW times are off an hour? FAIL

I know Arizona doesn't participate in the daylight savings scheme so they switch to and from Pacific Standard Time and Mountain Standard Time zones during the time changes. Not sure how many others states or territories not to mention other countries participate either but that could explain youbeing off an hour.

Our TW on time.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    TW on west coast is off an hour. FAILED reply bozo AND servers do NOT need maintainence nowdays, daylight saving built into the OS. So a failed maintainence.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If you actually did play since December of 2009, then you would know that every year PWI does daylight savings time maintenance twice a year, and the same result is always there.

TW was "off an hour" to make up for the hour lost/gained during daylight savings (depending on if it's in the Spring/Autumn). This is mainly because the TW times were announced on Thursday night at 7:20 PM server times, and you can't really reschedule a TW time because of DST, so to make up for it they move the TWs on Sunday 1 hour ahead/behind, again depending on which DST we're adjusting to.

-.- Ignorance is bliss.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • stargatez
    stargatez Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    which means it's a failed maintainence if they have to try and get the hour back
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    stargatez wrote: »
    which means it's a failed maintainence if they have to try and get the hour back

No, you just cannot comprehend jack ****.

If TW being at exactly 8 pm server time every week is such an important thing for you, then I feel sorry for you.

I recall there being a serious issue a few years ago where DST actually messed a bunch of stuff up. It was then revealed that PWE servers ran on Windows 95 and Windows 3.1, which has no concept of 'easy DST adjusting'.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I recall there being a serious issue a few years ago where DST actually messed a bunch of stuff up. It was then revealed that PWE servers ran on Windows 95 and Windows 3.1, which has no concept of 'easy DST adjusting'.

PWI is unusually stable to be running on that. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chowchowhound
    chowchowhound Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    win 3.1 wasn't a microsoft server platform, only client. it was a dos based GUI. so you would find 3.1 on the pc's on a large network, but server stuff was all NT based

ergo i call bullshlt
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWI is unusually stable to be running on that. b:shocked

Hmmm, you're right.

PWE runs Win ME servers.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • starofwand
    starofwand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    point is some people plan TW around their real life, not their real life around TW, which obviously is what you do.
  • Reninz - Dreamweaver
    Reninz - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    BT was actually messed up cuz of this too D= me and my fact couldnt go HAM in BT last night >.>
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    BT was actually messed up cuz of this too D= me and my fact couldnt go HAM in BT last night >.>

You forgot a lettuce in there somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]