A new scam site... Do not fall for it...

Options
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
If anyone gives you the link "http://www.perfectworld.20m.us/" do not fill out your info there... This goes mainly for ppl who are on Heavens's Tear but this link may also be spread on other servers as well... A friend of mom kinda fell for it... He got it from a friend of him (some friend he has =/ )... And now he can't get onto his account anymore/got banned... Ppl are passing this link along promising you free gold and such... But it's a scam... And ppl who are buying it even give it to their friends not knowing that they're passing a scam (thank god mom was smart enough for once)... If anyone gives you the link DO NOT FALL for it NO MATTER WHAT...

And don't give me the "send in a ticket" ****... We all know how much results that will give... b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    o_o that's a very nicely done scam website O.O
    if i had gotten this and not read this i woulda fallen for it maybe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Even though it's easy to spot as fake, I'm sure a lot of people fell for that one.

Free stuff always fakes some stupid people...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yo friend be stupid.

ijs
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Chronusblade - Dreamweaver
    Chronusblade - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dont even go to it. They did it to dreamweaver a couple weeks back you dont need to put in your info all you need to do is go to the site once and (not sure which) they get you with a virus or keylogger.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    o_o that's a very nicely done scam website O.O
    if i had gotten this and not read this i woulda fallen for it maybe

That's why I'm warning everyone right know...
    Yo friend be stupid.

ijs

He knows... He started facepalming himself about an hour ago... Not sure when he'll finish...
    Dont even go to it. They did it to dreamweaver a couple weeks back you dont need to put in your info all you need to do is go to the site once and (not sure which) they get you with a virus or keylogger.

That happens mostly to sites with .exe in it's link... The most dangerous kind...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    whenever I see an offer free stuff or gold I can tell its a scam right away. Hopefully other people out there are smart enough to stay away from people offering things like that.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Even though it's easy to spot as fake, I'm sure a lot of people fell for that one.

Free stuff always fakes some stupid people...

You'd have to be really naive to think something in the world is free. Fake world, perfect world, real world, your homeplanet when-you-space-out world.

"free puppies!"

buy food, water, vet care, vacuum like a clean freak, and so on...
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You'd have to be really naive to think something in the world is free. Fake world, perfect world, real world, your homeplanet when-you-space-out world.

"free puppies!"

I give free hugs.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigchewy
    bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If anyone gives you the link "http://www.perfectworld.20m.us/&quot; do not fill out your info there... This goes mainly for ppl who are on Heavens's Tear but this link may also be spread on other servers as well... A friend of mom kinda fell for it... He got it from a friend of him (some friend he has =/ )... And now he can't get onto his account anymore/got banned... Ppl are passing this link along promising you free gold and such... But it's a scam... And ppl who are buying it even give it to their friends not knowing that they're passing a scam (thank god mom was smart enough for once)... If anyone gives you the link DO NOT FALL for it NO MATTER WHAT...

And don't give me the "send in a ticket" ****... We all know how much results that will give... b:surrender

Ive seen this on Dreamweaver, only once and one too many times after our fac leader got **** threw the same site and if it wasn't for GM's acting in the correct manner this '****' would have destroyed a lvl 3 faction and our base which took soo long to farm.... thank god (GM's) it didnt.
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for reporting this. I'm unable to access the site now; hopefully it's dead.

Your victimized friend must send a ticket, sorry. We'll need to verify her info, load her logs, check her logins, etc... every step of which takes our system a geologic timescale to process. It's gotta be email.

Even if for some reason we are unable to reimburse losses, we will always take action against the phisher's accounts and connections. So be sure to always report these, even if you use a fake alt account to test them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As usual, if it sounds/seems to be to good to be true, it almost is every time
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As usual, if it sounds/seems to be to good to be true, it almost is every time

Almost is every time? Never trust 3rd party sites offering free gold, coin, etc. If PWI has any sort of promo going on it will be posted to the forums. If u fall for a scam its ur own fault.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like sites that get you just by going to it. It causes people to tell others not to click on it... causing them to click on it. Human Curiosity ftw!

(Goes a Grade 3 scan of my stupid cousin's computer tomorrow)
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

"free puppies!"

lol...

I want a free puppy. b:sad
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.