cleric tw halpp

Options
Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Cleric
I was filling in for a friend and this was my first tw as a cleric and I was absolutely clueless.
Id like some suggestions and tips for next time please.

Somethings that I found annoying:
There was only 1 catasquad, it limited strats and made more work for my eyes.
wtf so much sins
how are people finding these 10 people squads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2LmI0badbo
+10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
Post edited by Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Stickies are cool to read. It's the new thing.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    3-4 Cata in a squad interresting...

Why do you stand in front of your cata for the most of part ? Cleric are not supposed to tank the opponent, it's BM job to stun/run . You spend too much time DDing ( not mentioning the few plume shot i saw on HA class) .
    Wield Thunder tend to attract all the sin around ( spot light "hey i'm here come kill me")
    Plume shell is almost spammable you should have it all the time . Why are you on the ground ? Rare are the cleric that can do their job and stay alive without flying .
    At the end i see 3 clerics in squad and you can't still keep your squad mostly fully healed/buffed/puri.

In that video, seems you're outnumbered the other faction and still your catas hesitated too much to push forward .
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    1. Stay back and in the air. If you're getting hit by sins, expel and drop. If you're getting hit by archers, drop and/or kite back (be aware of where they're positioned though). Communicate to your squad who's hitting you so they can be dealt with.

2. Don't metal mage. Especially if you're a cata cleric...zzzz...

3. Try not to stand in a group of people and especially not in the middle of all of the catas as it's prime target for AOEing.

4. AOE heal is really not that useful in TW. Also keep in mind that bb/trip spark makes you target #1.

5. Try to get rebuffed immediately after you die and res scroll/are purged. After you all wipe, your squad should regroup at a certain point on the map (where ever your push is going) and full rebuff there before going in. And make sure you do it quick. Maybe it's just me, but your BM seemed to be lagging behind a lot and it's imperative that they be there to buff you and then get in front of the push to stun/DG for your guild's DDs. Actually, your guild doesn't seem to have many BMs at all doing that.

6. Tell those in your squad that aren't charmed to get a ******n charm. You should also be MP charmed as a cleric for plume shell as it increases your survivability tenfold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It was my first time TWing with this faction but as you could see, we had 0 DDs in the air.
    I thought of being in the air but that would make me conspicuous.

Thanks for the tips everyone.
    I'll work on improving for next time I get this opportunity
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how it "helps" in a fast paced crowded battle area for "looking for more squad members" to be floating over every single person? is it supposed to add to the confusion on purpose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how it "helps" in a fast paced crowded battle area for "looking for more squad members" to be floating over every single person? is it supposed to add to the confusion on purpose?

If you open up the 'T' menu for squads you will see nearby players names. Some people use this to target certain enemy classes (clerics etc) or high priority players. Having "Looking for more squad members" puts this tag infront of the players name on the T menu essentially hiding who they are, making it harder to target an indiviual by name.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Clerics stay in the air in TW to give us greater mobility and to not be targeted straight away. A cleric on the ground in TW is pretty much a sitting duck for any BMs and barbs (and then DDs once the BM says they have you stunned) that happen to be near. Staying in the air also allows you to drop out of a sin's reach (if you're lucky).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If you open up the 'T' menu for squads you will see nearby players names. Some people use this to target certain enemy classes (clerics etc) or high priority players. Having "Looking for more squad members" puts this tag infront of the players name on the T menu essentially hiding who they are, making it harder to target an indiviual by name.

this

in fact, I think this is the only practical use for the squad sign b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • hishkari
    hishkari Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this

in fact, I think this is the only practical use for the squad sign b:cold

so that thing is useful, :)

anyways, the only problem I have in staying up are archers, and sins (with their blink skill)...

and sometimes, the TAB button plays its part in targetting and looking for clerics... so its kinda a weak point for us.

But yep, MP Charm + Plume Shell increases survivability.
    Add Pdef reduction charms as well... those pink charms with the 8 sec. cooldown helps.