G15 PVE Dagger aka. ☆☆Blades of Bloodlust: Sky

Options
124»

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    go look at the new current best players thread in the lost city subforums if you want to see what i did.
    my troll brain was telling me to do it here, but that would most likely result in another ban b:laugh
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16867931&postcount=127

Fact: Invoking Longknife's name too many times results in an insta-ban. This is a failsafe against client and forum instability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fact: Invoking Longknife's name too many times results in an insta-ban. This is a failsafe against client and forum instability.

actually no it only gets lesser people banned, it got me full nirvana. but the mods were jelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Don't remember where you said "notgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayit..." but Imma post this here.

Pony Kombat.

Every Fatality would be a sparkly/rainbowy/flowery/geyasyouplease Friendship :D
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    btw has anyone made a brony guild in vendetta by any chance? o:
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    btw has anyone made a brony guild in vendetta by any chance? o:

theres one on harshlands. you guys arent bad but they **** me the **** off b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    And these daggers became sorta pointless to get. Obviously G16 vana daggers are harder to get, cost lot more but they also work on PvP. Even ppl who made sin just to farm like me will be sceptic bout going for corona dags as G16 vana offers chance for -int. W/o doing math I`d say new G16 vana will do more dmg per hit, has chance to take demon sin from 4aps to 5aps compared to the 4aps Corona daggers offer. And to top that, they also work just as well in PvP.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • /Ice - Raging Tide
    /Ice - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    And these daggers became sorta pointless to get. Obviously G16 vana daggers are harder to get, cost lot more but they also work on PvP. Even ppl who made sin just to farm like me will be sceptic bout going for corona dags as G16 vana offers chance for -int. W/o doing math I`d say new G16 vana will do more dmg per hit, has chance to take demon sin from 4aps to 5aps compared to the 4aps Corona daggers offer. And to top that, they also work just as well in PvP.

I might be wrong, because it's 5am and I'm tired and might be mis-interpreting what you are saying, but I think you are kind of missing the point of why people are interested in these dags.

People who are able to get grade 15 or whatever don't need to worry about morai... duh. The people who would want these daggers (such as myself) are PVE players who are pinching their pennies for gear. It's basically something, that is from what I have seen so far, a bit better than r8 dags to use until we can actually afford the g15 or 16s. Those daggers are expensive to people who don't have gold for ****. b:bye
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I might be wrong, because it's 5am and I'm tired and might be mis-interpreting what you are saying, but I think you are kind of missing the point of why people are interested in these dags.

People who are able to get grade 15 or whatever don't need to worry about morai... duh. The people who would want these daggers (such as myself) are PVE players who are pinching their pennies for gear. It's basically something, that is from what I have seen so far, a bit better than r8 dags to use until we can actually afford the g15 or 16s. Those daggers are expensive to people who don't have gold for ****. b:bye

My sin is "purely" PvE, I cant find the PK kill count but I`m doubtful it`s over 50. But let`s think bout prices, the morai dags were 17m + 100-200k per recast. So let`s call it 20m for them. I`m pretty sure I could get lunar dags for ~25m(What insignias go for on Archo) or even cheaper from somebody who needs the coin but not the dags they got. So the real difference in price is those 250 raps, which would be ~400m on Archo but I`m quite positive you could get em cheaper on older servers. And Those can be farmed, distinctly "cutting" the price of ithe daggers.

I find the Corona dags to be for such a minority. Investing on gear that is pointless for PvP is just meh, even if you only PvE with it. To me there has to be clear advantage of PvE based gear as it`s purpose is quite limited. R8 isnt too far behind on lower refines and most sins aim the R8 just for the chest piece too. Corona dags start to really perform on higher refines/shards and at that point, it`s more bout what is good for PvE than what`s cheap. I would of gone Corona dags myself as it was competent for PvE, unique and quite cost efficient.

G16 vana daggers are simply so strong in comparison with poor random addons, so ridiculously much better with good ones that Corona dags lost it`s charm for me. If there was real recast option for Corona dags, to put em on same bar with the new recasts as they were with the old ones, I`d likely go for em. But now it became pointless, I really liked the idea of PvE weps but for that to attract me, they have to be least competent with the best PvP wep options.

Edit: Almost forgot, if cost is such a problem for somebody, I`m doubtful they should even upgrade from Pixie piercers.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Hellzbells - Harshlands
    Hellzbells - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Don't remember where you said "notgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayitnotgonnasayit..." but Imma post this here.

Pony Kombat.

Every Fatality would be a sparkly/rainbowy/flowery/geyasyouplease Friendship :D

That actually made a few people a bit mad :o
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Im Back *******!!!!11
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The G15 morai are quite a leap forward for pve. They do more damage per hit than r8/G13 nirvana or anything else that you care to mention (that doesn't have zerk) so they are worth getting to those on a budget. :3
    Burg is the word
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I am going to post later on a the damage range they do with my build. they maxed at around 100k sparked on the moria's vs 200k on my DDT's. I plan to do both along with R8 with and without my armor as I am sharded mainly DoT's. And another note I think one was asking about the reforging/honing. One rerolls' sockets and randoms, while the other keeps sockets and just reroll's randoms. It took one reroll to get 2 sockets and patt +x comes up alot.

TBH I am suprised they dont have -int as a random add like nirvana and reforge r8.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • DeepSilence - Dreamweaver
    DeepSilence - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Until I see a reliable confirmation that a formula for Slaying Levels has been taken directly from the game files, I shall proceed to ignore them.

I decided to stick around in Corona for Shadow Sight in case WC nirvana gets even more **** than it already is and starts favoring sins you have Shadow Sight over ones that do not.

How can Shadow Sight be in any way helpful in nirvana? O.O
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How can Shadow Sight be in any way helpful in nirvana? O.O
    You can see if anyone's lying about what they got from chests.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You can see if anyone's lying about what they got from chests.

Yeah x.x typh be on Skype Friday got a road trip and I'm not driving
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah x.x typh be on Skype Friday got a road trip and I'm not driving
    If nothing comes up, I will.
    ~Spazz~
  • gouraudpalm2
    gouraudpalm2 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Where is the -interval?, i don't see it
    edited June 2012
    Options
    its not
  • /Ice - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thought I'd do my own damage comparisons. Most of the ones I've seen were with unrefined, unsharded bob:s and only did one comparison.

Ocean Supreme Dagger
    Refines: +4
    Gems: Garnet x2 (+32)

Blade of Bloodlust: Sky
    Refines: +5
    Gems: Garnet x2 (+40)
    Dex +19
    Vit +18
    Atk Lvl +2

I killed Tideborn Traitor five times per weapon. Wolf Emblem, Demon Spark, Power Dash.

Total Average damage for bob:s :7497.427766
    Max:11226
    Min:2857

Total Average damage for R8: 7009.011071
    Max: 10355
    Min: 2684

Here's my sin's build: http://pwcalc.com/c099dcf46b0e7c4e
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thought I'd do my own damage comparisons. Most of the ones I've seen were with unrefined, unsharded bob:s and only did one comparison.

Ocean Supreme Dagger
    Refines: +4
    Gems: Garnet x2 (+32)

Blade of Bloodlust: Sky
    Refines: +5
    Gems: Garnet x2 (+40)
    Dex +19
    Vit +18
    Atk Lvl +2

I killed Tideborn Traitor five times per weapon. Wolf Emblem, Demon Spark, Power Dash.

Total Average damage for bob:s :7497.427766
    Max:11226
    Min:2857

Total Average damage for R8: 7009.011071
    Max: 10355
    Min: 2684

Here's my sin's build: http://pwcalc.com/c099dcf46b0e7c4e

Refine and shard the r8 the same and retry it. You might as well compare a +10 r9 with a +5 r8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Ice - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Refine and shard the r8 the same and retry it. You might as well compare a +10 r9 with a +5 r8.

I think that's exaggerating it a lot. Unless you're saying that these BoB:S +5s are on the same level as a +10r9? If they are, I'd be pretty happy though lol. Spending 18 mill for +10r9 pve equivalent would be awesome. Besides, I don't actually have the resources to do what you asked (lucky refines and lucky drops in deltas) so it's the best I got. How is it less useful than people who compared clean Bob:s to +7 r8? Because those are the only ones I've really seen so far. It's obvious the refines and shards could skew results a bit. I thought I'd do my own tests and share it in case anyone was interested. b:bye