Skills for PVE genie

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Blademaster
Didn't want to hijack LightSidePT thread for the PVE genie. What kind of skills do you use most for soloing, tanking with a pve genie? What kind of a genie serves best, infliction, zeal, discipline, longevity?

I was contemplating a str genie with 81+ lp. With the few skills i use below

I find earthquake is a must (cancelling bosses), holypath, cloud eruption.

I have been contemplating aplha male, for dq farming, pulling mobs, haven't used it yet. Also thinking about adding AD to genie for vana mishaps, tt bosses.

I don't PVP, so won't use it for that. An 81+ lp genie has 7 skill slots. Three of those skills are earthquake (unless there is something better people use for cancelling magic attacks from bosses), holypath, cloud eruption. I don't know what skills to put for the other 4. Some healing skills would be nice, and some skills to increase damage, or help in fighting bosses that works with hf,gs, subsea.

For point allocations i was thinking of making an infliction, with as much str as possible. Will have 85 str, 5 dex, 43 vit and 45 magic. I was thinking of adding genie gear, so another 20~24 points available to distribute. I can only lvl cloud eruption to a max of 5.

Will have 146 vit (on the genie bar,not the geni attribute points), 85 str, 1.9 regen rate. It will take 77 seconds to reach full vit again to use cloud eruption. So every third hf, 1st, 4th, 7th hf, i can use spark+hf. Or should i increase regen rate to make it 1st, 3rd, 5th, by getting an additional 12~13 magic, so the regen rate is around 2.16.

Sorry if this post is not coherent, i am still getting used to genies and how useful they are. Didn't really use them, until oht started covering the chi costs for me.

Basic things i want to know

1) What 4 skills are useful beside, earthquake, holypath, cloud eruption (is chi siphon a better option for pve, doesn't seem like it from the description)

2) How should the genie be stated to have max str and high regen rate?

3) Which genie would be useful for the 7 skills and stat allocation?
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i have a genie with 110 magic and its epic.
    I can sparkHF every other spark.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp