Lvl 89 Wizard
Lvl 101 Psychic

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    errrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm , yeah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Bows have all the really nice add ons... but with decent attack level, some -int gear, and a well refined slingshot I don't see why you wouldn't be able to kill people. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    They usually attack faster? <_< I dunno, I'm just going off what my partner's telling me.

Edit: b:thanks ty Arc <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    ArcHaven - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    o: i like using all three weapon types for various situations. my level 61 gold xbow hits harder than my level 69 slingshot, but the slingshot attacks much much faster. i've got a green tt bow, too, which is going to be turned into a gold -int bow when i reach 80 c: can't recall the names at the moment, it's been a few days since i was playing.

i suppose with something powerful like a lunar or nirvana slingshot you would be able to do quite a bit of damage. i've not been there yet so i cannot really give any advice on those weapons personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I haven't tried pvp with my Lunar sling, but I have to admit the chance to seal with it strikes me as pretty nice. Of course, it doesn't proc enough to depend on it in pvp.

There's a use for all three types of archer weapons. I personally like slings for grinding but I'd use a bow in TW.

There have been several threads on high level slings you might find helpful:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1049261

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1086751

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1095711

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1167221
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    what are pros and cons of a slingshot

i am thinking of making an archer... but only if i can use a slingshot FOREVER
    and actually kill ppl with it

Eh, they have a higher attack speed, but lower damage range than any other archer weapon. Nice for grinding, but lack of really high damage spiking make them less suitable for pvp against anyone decent in comparison to Bows.

Altogether, it isn't worth it.
    You wont find any viable endgame sling that wont have a cheaper and/or superior Bow alternative. Playing a sling to endgame is really only the sort of thing you do if you are a really devoted hipster.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The biggest con of a slingshot is that it's a slingshot, and thus, not a bow.

/thread
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    really devoted hipster.

b:victory

with max int gear auto attacking damage with g15 nirvana sling is almost same as r9 bow damage, well if u can get 20 attack levels and 2x0,05 int on silng ofc, which is almost impossible:) and dont forget that r9 bow also has purge.

but imo if u can get just 0,05 int and 20 attack levels its still nice