"Incorrect name or password." Upon logging in after changing password

Concealed - Harshlands
Concealed - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Hello,

Yesterday I changed my password to my account. I then tried to log into my PWI account and I kept getting the same error: "Incorrect account name or password." However, the same account and password are working perfectly when I try to log onto the PWI website, so I can still access forums and such. Also, I'm still able to log into my alt account of which I did not change the password.

I have tried the following solutions:

1. I have tried changing my password again through the website without any numbers or special characters that might not be accepted and it still fails to log in.
2. I have used both my actualy keyboard to type the username and password as well as the on-screen keyboard upon logging and still failed to log in.
3. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, which did not fix the problem.
4. I have always checked if my Caps Lock wasn't activated.
5. I have tried to run the game as Administrator, but it does not make a difference when I try to log in.
6. I have gone through the entire FAQ and trouble shooting guides looking for a solution but I have not found the right answer or solution to my problem.
7. I have tried logging in using the force log button and without.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And if so, have they found a way to fix it yet?
Thanks in advance for any solution to my problem.
Post edited by Concealed - Harshlands on

Comments

• GrrRawrr - Dreamweaver
    GrrRawrr - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    im having the exact same problem and it started yesterday as well. I changed my passwords on both of my accounts and cannot get in the game but i can get on the website b:cry . This is probably because they tried to fix it without matnience or something. But it needs to be fixed NOW.. please b:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Made by: Silvychar :D
  • puese
    puese Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I changed passwords yesterday and still have not been able to play. People still do work for this company right? FIX THIS BS ALREADY!!! If I ran a company this slow and non responsive to customers, I would be out of buisness.
  • Myles - Lothranis
    Myles - Lothranis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    happened to me too. just reset your password as if you forgot it, worked for me :)
  • Concealed - Harshlands
    Concealed - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I have tried to change my password numerous times, also excluding any numbers or characters (with just letters) and it did not work. The problem has not been fixed yet b:sad

Edit: The last post was right! Problem has been solved by using the "Forgot ID" link to reset your information: https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid

Hope everyone is able to fix the problem!
  • lynnerose
    lynnerose Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    tryed all those no luck can log into forum but not game b:cryb:cry
  • lynnerose
    edited March 2012
    and am not the only one another in faction has same issue.

thay changed password yesterday and can not log in to game but can log in to forums
  • _beto_ - Raging Tide
    _beto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Pwi Fix It Plss
  • galetti
    galetti Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    same think here...someone help?
  • lynnerose
    edited March 2012
    wake up we carnt get to our game can get to forum with new password but not game
  • blehthatguy
    blehthatguy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Havent been able to get on using this account since thursday. please fix this b:surrender
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    Mystyrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, my husband is having the same issue, changed his password and he can do everything on the website but not on the game. After spending cash on this game you'd THINK that they would actually address the issue. He sent in tickets and got the "will respond in 24 hours" jive yet nothing, it's been nearly 36....
  • Crimsy - Lost City
    Crimsy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    same issue
    recover username/pw did not work.

gotta love how not 1 gm/mod/tech support guy replied to this thread
  • msherbie
    msherbie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    same here.

please fix it asap, thanks b:surrender
  • mikemcarmstrong
    mikemcarmstrong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I cannot get into my game at all. I can sign onto the web site and obviously this forum, but every time I try to sign into the game I get a message saying my user name or password is incorrect. I have successfully changed my password twice and verified my user name, but still can't sign on. I have sent 7 support requests to PWI in the past 4 days without a single response except for the automated one telling me they will contact me within 24 hours. So much for customer service and support.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2012
    regardless of what the stupid automated message says, typical response time is 3-7 business days. They don't work weekends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    regardless of what the stupid automated message says, typical response time is 3-7 business days. They don't work weekends.

With a game that people spend money on, it sure wouldn't hurt your customer service reputation to have at least a couple of people on part time on the weekends to address issues like security and password issues...just a thought.
  • flaviusiscool
    flaviusiscool Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Same problem here i have my lvl 20 and a 25 and i was trying to get back into game before i changed my password i logged in sucessfully but after that it said i shud change my password more often i noticed all my characters are gone so im like maybe i need to change pass to see them i did and then when i try to log in it says incorrect username or password i was like maybe is wrong password i try again i change the password again nothing is working
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Well, at least one of our faction members got their acct back, nothing for the rest. Tried resetting password, nothing. My husband is getting really ticked which is why he's letting me do the forum posting. Apparently I have more tolerance for stupidity
  • blehthatguy
    blehthatguy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What i dont understand is how i got my main (85 barb) to be able to log in to the game while i still cant get my alt (this one) in when i changed their passwords at the exact same time.
  • flaviusiscool
    edited March 2012
    Well, at least one of our faction members got their acct back, nothing for the rest. Tried resetting password, nothing. My husband is getting really ticked which is why he's letting me do the forum posting. Apparently I have more tolerance for stupidity

I dont get it perfect world is a great game 2 year ago when i played it last time it had no bugs why is it so buggy all the sudden
  • mikemcarmstrong
    edited March 2012
    I love how they lead you on by saying to expect a response within 24 hours. I guess they just don't care about their customers. Two years and lots of money spent to be dissed like this. And my main character just made lvl 80 and I was psyched to play. =/

I sent my first request for help in on Thursday right after I changed my password and got locked out.
  • mikemcarmstrong
    edited March 2012
    Well, after 6 service requests over the past 5 days . . still no answer from PW and I still can't sign into my game. I can sign into the web site, but get an incorrect login message for the game. of course, PW couldn't care less and no one responds after i get the automated email saying they will respond within 24 hours.

I guess there's plenty of other on-line games out there.
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, my husband is in the same boat, as of this morning he still can't sign into his main account, the one, I'd like to add that he uses to spend money on....way to go PWI, your about 24 hours from losing more money.
  • flaviusiscool
    edited March 2012
    I FIGURED IT OUT heres the thing i tried logging in with flavius1992 didnt work then i tried FLAVIUS1992 WORKED!
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If you are still having this issue, please try resetting your password one more time. If you are still unable to log into the game, please send a ticket to support.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Melanderi wrote: »
    If you are still having this issue, please try resetting your password one more time. If you are still unable to log into the game, please send a ticket to support.

So how exactly are they suppose to send in a ticket when they can't login....... b:bye

What the GM meant was please send in an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So how exactly are they suppose to send in a ticket when they can't login....... b:bye

What the GM meant was please send in an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com.

While that email is also a valid option (provided it comes from the registered email address!), the issue here described has been specific to logging in to the game, not the website leaving the option to use our ticketing system open!

It is good though to note that you can send emails directly to the aforementioned if you are unable to submit a ticket.

Teamwork ftw! b:victory
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • lynnerose
    edited March 2012
    I put a ticket in 3 f****n days ago and have got no answer from it and it is the same

for every one that changes passwords so FFS do something please

b:angryb:angryQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Melanderi wrote: »
    While that email is also a valid option (provided it comes from the registered email address!), the issue here described has been specific to logging in to the game, not the website leaving the option to use our ticketing system open!

It is good though to note that you can send emails directly to the aforementioned if you are unable to submit a ticket.

Teamwork ftw! b:victory

On a side note please make gear lock over PK mode as well. Only way the hacker got my wife's stuff was sending her into PK mode having her kill a previously **** account then that account **** her so she dropped her stuff. If safety lock included PK you guys would have 1/10th of the items to track and worry about.

b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • lynnerose
    edited March 2012
    WOOT WOOT b:victory

Just keep changing passwords till you get one that works takes up to 8-13 trys.

or did the GMs FIX something. b:shutupb:shutup

ok no time to chat 3 days to catch up on.b:victory