Sage Or Demon for Mystic :O

SilverDream - Harshlands
SilverDream - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
My Mystic is lvl 85 now , i do both pve and pvp i don't really have a favorite one i just do both, and in squads i DD and heal if the cleric isn't healing right haha so i need help!! D:<
Post edited by SilverDream - Harshlands on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Demon. They can amp, debuff wood def, and have access to both demon res and aoe version of sage res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sage on Pve on PVP most are Demon

do a skill comparison and unless your heavy into PVP go sage

even if you do some Pvp sage Mystics Rule
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm sage and I love it!

Chance to purify with Break in the clouds, 25% wood damage from mastery, more chi from Nature Vengeance, Chi from Master Li's Technique and 9 seconds immobilize immune from energy leech.

When I do pvp (which is rare atm since I'm working on gears) I do well so its not like you can really say pvp orientated mystics are better going demon. Most of the pvp mystics I have seen on HT have been sage too, very rare to see a demon mystic full stop to be honest.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sage vs demon threads are so trollable b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    it doesnt matter. u can litterally just flip a coin and roll with the choice. both are good.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You're on a PvP server... PvE is easily doable with lvl 10 skills, but if you wanna max your PvP potential go demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    You're on a PvP server... PvE is easily doable with lvl 10 skills, but if you wanna max your PvP potential go demon.

It's doable with L1 skills. -Fail argument.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'll list the *main* reasons to go either side (both sides gain chi quickly so I left that out):

Reasons to go sage:

1. Higher damage on all nukes (your main nuke hits 5% harder, which scales with weapon/magic, and even hits harder than demon NV)

2. cheaper pve (I literally never use mana pots anymore, even during full nuking, because NV nuking refills so much chi)

3. longer stun evasion (the energy leech skill can be used even without a pet for 9 seconds of CC immunity, which is amazing for sins)

4. Higher damage on Thicket (your ultimate hits decently hard with extra damage + 5% wood mastery. )

5. Better defense (10% more phy. def)

6. Better main heal (25% purify, which is often life-saving in certain situations)

Reasons to go Demon:

1. More crits (You don't hit as hard as a sage, but you crit more)

2. Better triple spark (-25% channel, though risky)

3. Better CC (gale force has higher chance to immobilize)

4. 25% chance to amp with thicket (if the 8 sec CC isn't enough to guarantee their death, the proc surely will)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    BURNOUT HAS SPOKEN
    rest of you ****
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Demon Gale Force/Thicket/Resurrect/Verdant Shell were basically why I went demon. The chi gain on Demon BitC and extended duration on Falling Petals is also pretty nice.

If I were just going to be purely support though, I'd have just gone sage solely for the puri chance on sage BitC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    It's doable with L1 skills. -Fail argument.

It's not a fail arguement. If it were doable with L1 skills, that just further supports my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverDream - Harshlands
    SilverDream - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks BurnOut that really helped out alot <3
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Burnout forgot to mention demon Rapid Growth gives 10% more channeling speed. Also I personally prefer demon verdant shell over sage, but it depends whether you want the temporary defense or permanent. Temporary defenses help a lot vs sins, so meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Burnout forgot to mention demon Rapid Growth gives 10% more channeling speed. Also I personally prefer demon verdant shell over sage, but it depends whether you want the temporary defense or permanent. Temporary defenses help a lot vs sins, so meh.

I thought it was -10% cooldown time? Does demon version give -30% channel instead?

Also, the verdant shell takes 2.5 secs to cast, which is a long time for a 20% damage reduction for 15 seconds vs a sin, just imo. It's really helpful vs purgers like archers and venos though, I'll admit.

If it had been a permanent 20%, or even half that, say a perma 10% evasion, It proably woulda swayed me to go demon. The 2 sides are just too equally good imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I like how sage rapid growth has a chance to reset it's cooldown, meaning i can use it again right after it's run out.

And i find it funny how people can claim that either sage or demon is better for one or the other, like pve, pvp, support, damage etc.
    Either sage or demon, both are good for any style of play. It comes down to preferences you have. For example, going sage to be a better support is bullsh*t. 25% purify is not reliable at all, but it's nice when it procs. And it's actually really nice in pvp, because you'll be healing yourself at times, and if you got debuff on you... you can purify it by chance. It can even save your life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    I thought it was -10% cooldown time? Does demon version give -30% channel instead?

Also, the verdant shell takes 2.5 secs to cast, which is a long time for a 20% damage reduction for 15 seconds vs a sin, just imo. It's really helpful vs purgers like archers and venos though, I'll admit.

If it had been a permanent 20%, or even half that, say a perma 10% evasion, It proably woulda swayed me to go demon. The 2 sides are just too equally good imo.

It's an ecatomb typo, it's really channeling time rather than cooldown. I know this personally myself, but if you also were to look at a skillbook in-game then you would see it has a different description, much like demon blood bath. Also, demon verdant shell can be nice to use right before you break the target's sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Didn't D. Verdant shell worked like Focused Mind or another bad skill description. ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Didn't D. Verdant shell worked like Focused Mind or another bad skill description. ???

It's basically a mini-tidal protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute