Descent Question & Answer Thread for a GM

Options
Sympathi - Archosaur
Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Ok so we've had lots of new stuff added into the game, awesome! and of course the typical messups and general problems with unhappy people too and alot of them like to make multiple threads asking for GM answers about same topics that end up getting locked / deleted before/ if a GM could of answered;

So judging on what I've seen over the past 4 days i thought maybe a nice tidy thread with all the questions everyone's asking and possible already answers would be more beneficial;

Q: I cannot log onto the game or run my client, im recieving DirectX errors or my patching is slow how can i fix this?

A: Firstly manually downloading the patch here (862MB) will be quicker then patching from the server.

Next you will need to update your DirectX to at least 9.0c, this can be done by downloading this file from Microsoft and installing then restarting your PC before patching the Update.

After patching i would recommend verifying your files sometime (even though this should not be needed) to ensure you have all the current updated files. GM Answer can be seen here

----

Q: Has the APS Accuracy and damage been nurfed like mentioned in the expansion notes, im not noticing any changes to my stats above 4 APS

A: The reduction that occurs is done without visible adjustments to your character menu stats. GM Answer can be seen here.

----

Q: What is this new path to level 105 that was mentioned in the patch notes and is it something related to the Brew of Morai and possibly it being bugged?

A: The new quest lines and dailies, aswell as the new instance is the new methods on leveling up. GM Answer can be seen here

----

Q: Following on from the previous question, what exactly is the purpose for the Brew of Morai? It working as intended or is there suppose to be some EXP gain apon using this item?

----

Q: Sending item function has been down for close to aweek now, the expected up-time mentioned in the official post was the day after the expansion, what is your new prediction for its reintroduction?

A: Send-Item functions such as the Facebook connect and DQ Rewards should be back up after the delayed maintenance patch taking place tomorrow. GM Answer can be seen here.

----

Q: The caster nirvana talisman glitch has been fixed (as it should of been) however this massively reduces the amount of nirvana materials a typical can farm in one day vs there counterparts running normal nirvana. Do you think this is fair and will there be a change to balance this out?

----

Q: Secret Passage has been re-enabled for PvP again but this time even people below 30 can be killed, dose the current rule on SP PKing still apply whilst this is being reverted and what exactly is being reverted? (will it go back to original non-PK or simply below 30's can not be PKed)

----

Q: Only them people who pre-downloaded the expansion and had an up-to-date DirectX was able to enjoy the week of x2 drops officially ending tonight, will there be compensation for them who missed out such as an extension?

----

Q: World Bosses on all servers seems to have had there respawn times altered, was this deliberate or a bug, if deliberate, will you be able to explain the new spawn time system for them?

I hope a GM will be able to respond to some of these questions, i do know genotypist is usually very good at responding to the community questions, also if you think I've missed out any key questions please post here so i can add to the list! b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
Post edited by Sympathi - Archosaur on

Comments