Socket Stones

Ikarium - Dreamweaver
Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So..I got socket stones for the first today since the expansion from bh100. They do not stack with the ones I had before the expansion. The new ones don't say they are char/account bound at all, so I don't understand the change. And I just did a little test and can confirm the agent will pull from both stacks of stones to make the total amount you need.

More curiousity than anything - anyone know why they are different now?

Old BH Socket Stone : http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa470/silchasruin/socket1.jpg

New BH Socket Stone : http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa470/silchasruin/socket2.png
Post edited by Ikarium - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    We've all been wondering this since the moment the expansion was released, sadly. I think it's supposed to be a distinction between "from Boutique" vs "free", where the ones you have now are a random one of the two. (Also, your images are broken.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Please next time use Search before make a new thread because this has been already posted in forums.

The only difference now it's the ones you get from BH are white font and cannot be stacked with the oold ones or the ones you manufacture from tokens that have purple font.

NPC recognices the total ammount of sockets you have in your inventory.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oops, fixed the images, thanks.

Yes, _Nei_ I realize there is a search function. I used it. Did not claim to be first person reporting this, I did put detail in my post so people knew what I was talking about.
    Yet using the search, I still did not find the answer to my question.......why was this done?
    Thought maybe someone might know why

The wording on the new ones is either some poor translation or this was an different item at one time. 'Can be used in combination with socket stones'

It just strikes me as a very odd thing to change. Color me curious.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thought maybe someone might know why

The speculation I gave is about the best that I've been able to come across, talking to various people as to their thoughts on it. :/
    The wording on the new ones is either some poor translation or this was an different item at one time. 'Can be used in combination with socket stones'

It just strikes me as a very odd thing to change. Color me curious.

Personally, the mention of the Promotions Agent as well as the note that it can be used with the other Socket Stones at the Boutique Agent makes me wonder if our BH Socket Stones may get some sort of specialness soon. That'd be neat. Then they'd only have to fix the chips reward to not suck and we'd actually have decent rewards for all the BH 1's. b:victory (I'm personally quite happy if 55 mirages is the booby prize. Even in a worst case 6-man Lunar split and mirages selling at 5K each, you manage to recoup over half of what you paid plus being able to sell the drops.)

By the way, there are some pretty neat things coming up soon, I hope, looking at what the Boutique Agent has added as potentially available quests in this expansion!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Same reason as other items in game are not anymore stackable.
    To make the differnce between the free in-game ones and the ones you have to manufacture or buy.
    Do not expect a GM-mod giving you a reason for this change, unless this affect directly something about DQ points or any other rewards they are going to implement and need to explain.

[SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They may just have a different ID than before
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    (I'm personally quite happy if 55 mirages is the booby prize. Even in a worst case 6-man Lunar split and mirages selling at 5K each, you manage to recoup over half of what you paid plus being able to sell the drops.)

I don't understand what you mean by selling mirages at 5k each, did they decrease the npc price of mirages?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't understand what you mean by selling mirages at 5k each, did they decrease the npc price of mirages?

I think he was making an example if they where 5k each, you could recoup most of the lunar fee with the mirages by themselfs
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory